Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have mounted a friend that cpu 10900x with an asus prime deluxe 2 motherboard, 64 gbs corsair 3600mhz and a 5700xt from shappire and it works perfect in catalina, until now updated to 10.15.4 without any problem.

the 10900x is not more than a renowned 7900x with some extra things, in fact cpuz detected it as a 7900x
Can you briefly review the 5700xt in terms of stability, compatibility and general usage and configuration? I got a Radeon VII for the records, I’m considering switching.

I can't seem to get my x299 asus tuf m2 past the doorstop stage. dreaded apfs every time. I'm at attempt #52. I'm looking into opencore. It seems that I will need to decompile all of my acpis because I'm not succeeding when I try to shortcut off of other posted x299 builds. I will approach with method and renewed patience, but happy to get advice from followers on this thread.

Can you briefly review the 5700xt in terms of stability, compatibility and general usage and configuration? I got a Radeon VII for the records, I’m considering switching.

I replaced my Vega Frontier Edition with the Radeon 5700 2 months ago. It works better with my HP 5K screen ; about 30% of the time with the vega, after the screen went blank due to inactivity, it wouldn't restart properly, screen required a power cycle.
This is no longer the case.

Otherwise, can't say I've noticed any differences speed-wise. They are same-same.
However, I can no longer boot my 10.13 system with it now.

I have 5700 XT of Sapphire in Catalina since 10.15.2 and perfect , no problems, my friend the same but with another CPU and board

Sure...sure...fantastic.
Then how some people, especially those who have 4 CPUs in their hand and cna run the other 3 are not able to run it?
Maybe they dropped the CPU into the socket up side down.

I'm telling you to mount a friend of mine the asus prime deluxe 2 with a 10900x cpu and it works perfectly without any problem, don't you believe me? do you need proof tell me what you need to see

mount in catalina , no in mojave.

Last edited:
Hello x299-ers! I went through the guide for OpenCore 0.5.7 very carefully but I did NOT do my own ACPI decompilation, I borrowed from khronokernel's ASUS x299 build. I attach the results of my Clover-F4 probe. Is there any way someone with x299 experience could glance at this and point me in the right direction.

I'm getting stopped at IONVMeController. Maybe, I attach my screen output.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.9 MB · Views: 71
  • myACPI-Origin-clover-F4.zip
    204.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 56
Hello x299-ers! I went through the guide for OpenCore 0.5.7 very carefully but I did NOT do my own ACPI decompilation, I borrowed from khronokernel's ASUS x299 build. I attach the results of my Clover-F4 probe. Is there any way someone with x299 experience could glance at this and point me in the right direction.

I'm getting stopped at IONVMeController. Maybe, I attach my screen output.

Just compile the SSDTs on the guide for Skylake X using MaciASL

Hi! Thanks for the note. I'm still a little confused. The MaciASL guide seems to be geared toward a machine that is in a booting state. I'm working with a new build. I've gotten the machine's tabulation of ACPI files using the Clover-F4 (attached earlier), but the DSDT.aml file that I find there won't open in MaciASL.

Attachments

• Archivio.zip
    994 bytes · Views: 66
Thanks! I'll give them a try. And I appreciate the redirect. Asus x299 Support seemed pretty close, but x299 open core support is even closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back