Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patching ROG Strix X299-E Gaming II's new BIOS 0603 did not boot as it always did.
I gave up because I can't find the information that others are booting.
Any help would be appreciated, but now all I have to do is find a used PRIME X299-DELUXE.

What are the advantages of using an MacPro7,1 SMBIOS over the iMacPro one?

I used both, now I'm on MacPro7,1. I supposed the only real benefit for us is Vega 20 (Radeon VII) drivers (Radeon Pro Vega in Mac Pro is Vega 20). The reality is drivers are pretty fresh and unoptimized yet, hopefully they will improve.

If you use a Vega 1 card, like the 64 or the 56, iMacPro1,1 is better suited I think.

AFAIK, all X299 motherboard can take a Cascade Lake CPU, they just need a BIOS update.
There are report of failure running the 10900X, for example.
Someone running other CPUs on the same mobo and, obviously after updating the bios, the 10900X doesn't work. It's in the ASRock Creator thread.

There are report of failure running the 10900X, for example.
Someone running other CPUs on the same mobo and, obviously after updating the bios, the 10900X doesn't work. It's in the ASRock Creator thread.

I have mounted a friend that cpu 10900x with an asus prime deluxe 2 motherboard, 64 gbs corsair 3600mhz and a 5700xt from shappire and it works perfect in catalina, until now updated to 10.15.4 without any problem.

the 10900x is not more than a renowned 7900x with some extra things, in fact cpuz detected it as a 7900x

I have mounted a friend that cpu 10900x with an asus prime deluxe 2 motherboard, 64 gbs corsair 3600mhz and a 5700xt from shappire and it works perfect in catalina, until now updated to 10.15.4 without any problem.

the 10900x is not more than a renowned 7900x with some extra things, in fact cpuz detected it as a 7900x
Sure...sure...fantastic.
Then how some people, especially those who have 4 CPUs in their hand and cna run the other 3 are not able to run it?
Maybe they dropped the CPU into the socket up side down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back