Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I successfully booted and installed Catalina! Finally!! I stole a EFI folder from one of the users in the x299 Mojave thread, and it worked with a different Catalina USB installer. without flashing bios. Means my BOIS is unlocked? (I did add the kernel patch in clover configurator though)

Guess I need to continue reading some more in KGP’s guide.. also to get native NVRAM running.. right?

EDIT:

Got a BSD kernel panic when typing my previous message :/

Last edited:
Nope, you just go an other route via patch... You just work around the problem. It would be better to implement it correctly in order to use a better solution permanently, but I will not persuade anybody to his luck. Everything you need, I've provided. That's all I can do.

Yeah, I will try. But do I then remove the kernel patch?

BTW think the kernel panic was due to the fact the system went to sleep. Still need to configure that.

NOPE: System just restarts when idle. Removed the other .aml patches that the user had and now it seems stable. Although when I check system report I have a lot less PCI entries compared to before..

NOPE: just randomly freezes and restarts. Weird. Gonna try a re-install with my own custom EFI etc.

Last edited:
Anyone upgraded to 10.15.5 without issues?

First I did the upgrade like I've always done, not reading notes here about it. Didn't upgrade Clover nor any of the kext.

Rebooted, selected the upgrade partition and it crashed after a while with a crossed-circle.
Rebooted restarted, and it just hang there. After over 45 minutes I rebooted and attempted to restart in the standard partition.

Now when it boots I see lots of crashes like:
AMFI: SIP is off, allowing core dump for 110
AMFI: SIP is off, allowing core dump for 137
AMFI: SIP is off, allowing core dump for 141
Process[141] crashed : coresymbolicatio. Too many corpses being corrupted.

And it goes on and on and on :(

any ideas?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20200408_200347.jpg
    IMG_20200408_200347.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 58
Right, after lots of hassles, I've managed to boot.
Updated clover to 5107,AppleALC,LiLu and installed WhateverGreen

I could boot, but got to a black screen.

Turned out, none of my DP ports are working now, only the HDMI one :(

Alright, I got audio working again by using the latest AppleALC.kext (version 1.4.8 not the one found here in the download section) with Lilu 1.4.3

I recovered my DP ports (2x 5K screen) using this kext necessary with amd cards (Whatevergreen.kext didn't work for me unfortunately)

Attachments

• VegaGraphicsFixup.kext.zip
    10.8 KB · Views: 57
I'm working on getting Mojave working on an ASUS x299 Prime Deluxe ii. Is there a specific BIOS version that is recommended? The latest one (3006) didn't seem to work very well for hackintosh, but I flashed back to 0802 and it's a bit better. Is there a bios version that is known to work the best?

I successfully built 15.4 on my deluxeii and 7960x, everything works fine, including sleep, I also customized the truncated usb driver, the problem now is that my Thunderbolt 3 , and during cold boot, Everything is working fine, but hotplug is not supported. I have tried all the ssdt I can find about Thunderbolt 3 hotplug, but it has no effect. This is my ioreg and my efi file. My original ssdt file, can someone help me see it,thanks!!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.6 MB · Views: 110
  • ZHDI Mac Pro.ioreg
    18.8 MB · Views: 85
  • ACPI.zip
    86.6 KB · Views: 71
And my Thunderbolt device is always loaded under DSB1 and 4, and now ssdt defines xhc under DSB2, I guess whether it is related to this, so I modified my ssdt, but it did not work

Hello

I am a beginner.
I bought ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING II.
Currently, can't this be boot by Mojave yet?
CPU is 10940x

Thanks so much

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back