Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, as I read elsewhere not related to hackintosh, Mojave and Catalina don’t support installing on RAID 0 (even on real macs). This is sure on software raids, I’m unaware about hardware raid.

I did not install on raid but I did install. Above 4g decoding had to be on.

One issue is on random reboots the sage/10g stops recognizing my m2 drive as bootable! Only fix is a BIOS flashback!!! Anyone have any idea why?

-- Anyone know how to get Cascade Lake-x chips fully implimented? What do I have to do to get my vectors and processor shown up correctly?

@izo1 please can you post your OC Efi? I'm trying to configure mine but i'm not able to start...we have same system and conf so it's a good way for me to start with your OC Efi.
Thanks

Interesting suprise... My Designaire X299 with 12 4TB slow spinning drives, 4 2TB SSDs, 128GB of RAM, Vega64, water cooled (H100iv2) 7980xe consumes less than 300 watts according to the readout on my UPS. Most of the time it is under 250 watts. No wonder the PSU fan never comes on. Oh, that also includes an LG 38 inch monitor.

Interesting suprise... My Designaire X299 with 12 4TB slow spinning drives, 4 2TB SSDs, 128GB of RAM, Vega64, water cooled (H100iv2) 7980xe consumes less than 300 watts according to the readout on my UPS. Most of the time it is under 250 watts. No wonder the PSU fan never comes on. Oh, that also includes an LG 38 inch monitor.
If You are in Mojave or Catalina You must format ssd(sata and nvme) on APFS , not in HSF except ssd system

If You are in Mojave or Catalina You must format ssd(sata and nvme) on APFS , not in HSF except ssd system

This system still runs High Sierra for now. I don't change OSes unless there is a good reason to change. I am curious, what prompted your response? Everything works perfectly. What did I type to make you think my SSDs weren't formatted APFS? When you are using a rocketRAID card for spinning disks like I am using, They should remain HFS+

You said: - ...slow spinning drives....maybe my bad english not paid attention...."slow down drives"..

And for info, Catalina is 5%/10% more faster than Mojave and High Sierra at same machine...for me is a good rason for update if components are compatible

Last edited:
My m2 drive on my Sage/10g stops being bootable every now and then. Only fix I've found is to reflash firmware! The bios always sees the card, but can't boot from it! This is happening often. Is there a fix?

You said: - ...slow spinning drives....maybe my bad english not paid attention...."slow down drives"..

And for info, Catalina is 5%/10% more faster than Mojave and High Sierra at same machine...for me is a good rason for update if components are compatible

I built this Hackintosh for work, then I was laid off from that job. I'm now using an 18 core mac to surf the internet and play Starcraft... Speed is never an issue. When they have a solid MultiBeast for Catalina and the x299, I will upgrade.

Can you please elaborate where do you find Catalina faster than Mojave? I have read contrasting opinions on the internet about Catalina, which is the reason while I decided to go for Mojave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back