Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many thanks
I have followed kgp's thread and created USB using Terminal and updated NVMe Samsung 970 eve plus firmware , used flags -v darkwake=2 keepsyms=1 slide=0 , but no luck getting to the the installer.
Any advice would highly appreciated : please see attached EFI folder and screen shots

Excellent! One update to kgp's guide, for Catalina: you need an SSDT-EC.aml file in your CLOVER/ACPI/patched directory. That is usually the cause of an APFS 1683.

Excellent! One update to kgp's guide, for Catalina: you need an SSDT-EC.aml file in your CLOVER/ACPI/patched directory. That is usually the cause of an APFS 1683.

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes, I have SSDT-EC.aml in my patched folder. But still no luck.

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes, I have SSDT-EC.aml in my patched folder. But still no luck.
And you're sure it's not a different error message, now?

I looked at your files. I think you should try with a more minimal set of EFI drivers in drivers/UEFI. Also, you can delete the old drivers64 and drivers64UEFI folders from previous Clover version. You're aware about the reorganized folder structure?

It might also help to reduce the SSDTs to only what you need for installation. Your video shows 4 SSDT load failures (probably unrelated). The same goes for the DSDT patches in your config.plist. Most of them are not needed during install. Start with disabling the two EC related patches. I'm not sure, but I think they no longer apply to Catalina.

Hi Guys, Do you think this cpu 10940x can works with mojave?
thanks in advance

Hi Guys, Do you think this cpu 10940x can works with mojave?
thanks in advance

Shouldn’t be an issue since there are success stories with the 10900x and 10980xe.

hi , I have followed kgp guid for X299 , created bootable USB ( Terminal Method ), trying to install Catalina on brand new Samsung 970 evo pro NVMe M.2 ( not formated as I'm on new build ) , no luck getting to installer , experimented with kexts ( trying minimum and going upward ) but with limited knowledge with understanding Verbos lines , I have ended up with nothing.
The last screen shot attached with my EFI folder

New build
Rog Rampage VI Extreme Omega X299
CPU i9 10920x
GPU: ASRock Radeon VII
RAM: Corsair vengeance DDR4 64g
one monitor attached through HDMI
MacBook Pro : to configure clover

Any Advice would be much appreciated

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    19.6 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3403.JPG
    IMG_3403.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Welp, Asus wants $600 to repair my board. I could almost buy a new mobo for that! Any recommendations on boards? Thinking about getting the 10G version. Look at my setup.

Last edited:
Welp, Asus wants $600 to repair my board. I could almost buy a new mobo for that! Any recommendations on boards? Thinking about getting the 10G version. Look at my setup.

Is the fix not covered by warranty or something? You should still have a warranty...

Shouldn’t be an issue since there are success stories with the 10900x and 10980xe.

Can you link a 10980XE success story? I ordered mine back on Nov 7th and it’s yet to come. All the shops I’ve called in Canada said that intel is back ordered and hasn’t shipped any allegedly outside of review samples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back