Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason why we recommend using the internal 19 pin header to the wifi/bt card is we can set the specific USB ports as internal. While not required, it provides better stability for bt and you can use press to wake from a bt keyboard (at least in my experience YMMV). If that doesn’t matter to you then you can use a usb pcie card. Another option is using a cable from your rear USB ports and feed it into your case with an adapter. I previously did this so I wouldn’t have to use a pcie card for my front usb 3 ports.

I got lucky with sleep wake working with my Bluetooth mouse / keyboard / trackpad using the silverstone adapter for my Bt/wifi card.

Amazon just dropped off the other USB card- I’ll attach it to my Titan ridge and report back soon.

While I’m posting, I set up this hackintosh to get a lot of work done over the holidays and haven’t dug deep into the kgp guide as of yet (it’s basically functioning fine- but a lot of things aren’t done yet- I.E. I’m a total noob to things like aml files, USB assignments, flashing my on-board 10gbe NIC with Ubuntu and such)

The short of this is, there are some super n00bish questions I may ask here that I won’t PM anyway and face getting banned again :lol:. So please be kind, I’ve tried searching lots and am confused and overwhelmed a bit. That being said, I’m slowly going to solve all this... be patient with me lol.

Ugh!

Install the new USB card, BIOS settings reset, won’t enter the setup menu

Post LED says A9 which means “start of setup” it’s just sitting here doing nothing ...

Tried 2 monitors thinking it’s out of range nadda.....

Cleared the CMOS, no difference....

So much for my “day off work”.

On X99, I've had such symptom with above 4g encoding enabled. CMOS reset was able to fix it tho.

I wonder if, on X299, you could have the same symptom but it's automatic depending on how much PCI-e resources need initializing, ie the # of cards installed?

On X99, I've had such symptom with above 4g encoding enabled. CMOS reset was able to fix it tho.

I wonder if, on X299, you could have the same symptom but it's automatic depending on how much PCI-e resources need initializing, ie the # of cards installed?

SATA drive was being dumb, booted into the setup menu as soon as I unplugged it :banghead:

So ..... 8 hours later ..... no luck with my NEW Titan Ridge card with my Caldigit TS3 Plus dock.

Firmware is updated before anybody asks. Also, tried another Thunderbolt 3 cable, no difference.

I'm getting this odd feeling that my Sage10G/WS motherboard is defective.

New Titan Ridge card, USB header connected, PCIE power connectors connected, Thunderbolt header connected (I disconnected everything and re-connected).

Re-installed Windows, checked the permissions over 1000x times today, went in the BIOS, checked those 1000x. Even tried different permissions in Windows and the BIOS and got no luck.... even tried re-applying settings for permissions as was suggested by someone else in the thread (too tired to quote, but if you're reading this, you know who you are- thank you for the advice on that).

So right now, it's set to 0-No Security in the BIOS, but my displays are the only thing that work when I boot into Windows or Mac.... and it's not consistent.

(for the following, I have both mini displayport to displaypoirt adapters connected to my Vega 64)... and an HDMI laying there in case it doesn't pick up, then I plug in the HDMI, switch my input on my monitor to HDMI 1 & sure enough it's working....

So here's the synopsis:

Under Windows:

Sometimes it will default to my HDMI out .... WHEN NOTHING IS PLUGGED IN (which is annoying) .. then ... it's only display out that's working, none of the other ports on my Caldigit dock work. Sometimes, when I have to plug in HDMI, then I have to unplug/replug my Thunderbolt 3 cable to get my displays back.

Sometimes, I boot into Windows and 'some' of the functions on the Caldigit will work- and I'll get an error about some of my USB ports may not be working in Windows.

Sometimes, I boot it up and everything works, I mean all the ports everything. (this becomes obvious because immediately, I have internet access... I have my hard wired connection to my dock and no other network connections going to the computer, no wifi drivers- done on purpose to make diagnosing easer).

Sometimes it doesn't work at all and I have to scan for hardware changes in device manager. Sometimes that doesn't work and I have to unplug/replug Thunderbolt 3, THEN do scan for hardware changes.

Under Mac:

Only displays ... and sometimes that doesn't work right away, I have to plug in HDMI, then unplug/replug my Thunderbolt 3 cable.

No other ports work under any circumstance ... with SSDT-DTPG.aml & SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml in my EFI -> CLOVER -> ACPI -> patched folder.

Weirdly ... under Windows, enabling USB & Thunderbolt boot support in the BIOS made everything show up way more consistently .... but then my computer for some reason won't even load Clover when I have those options enabled (once I replugged my SATA drive with Mojave on it).... so that option is out.

I'm completely lost as to what's going on and I'm exhausted and am heading to bed. Wiped my temp Windows install and I may attempt this again over the weekend. Either it's a hardware issue, or it's one minor STUPID user error on my end.... but this has gotten ridiculous now.

Edit: Oh and I forgot to add.... on my Macbook Pro.... it works absolutely perfectly, everytime, no matter which cable, if I plug it in before I turn on, after it's been on etc... no issues with the dock, no disconnects, proper speeds, everything. So I know for sure the dock is fine.

Last edited:
Looking to upgrade very soon and just a question about the Asus WS X299 Sage/10G. From what I read it seems everything is supported on that board from KGB thread for Mojave not sure about Catalina? Is the 10G ethernet supported, I think some modification needs to be done from what I read in the extensive guide unsure? Anyone test Intel Cascade Lake X i9-10980xe maybe not available yet or or even supported by Apple? Hoping to see it soon in Tony's buyer's guide.

Looking to upgrade very soon and just a question about the Asus WS X299 Sage/10G. From what I read it seems everything is supported on that board from KGB thread for Mojave not sure about Catalina? Is the 10G ethernet supported, I think some modification needs to be done from what I read in the extensive guide unsure? Anyone test Intel Cascade Lake X i9-10980xe maybe not available yet or or even supported by Apple? Hoping to see it soon in Tony's buyer's guide.

The Sage boards work great in Mojave/Catalina and 10G is supported. Just need to flash the 10G ports using ubuntu (detailed in kgps guide). I believe no one here has reported success with a 10980xe yet but someone has with a 10900x.

I'd say it's likely that Cascade Lake-X is going to be fully supported using the same methods as other X299 systems (and MacPro7,1 instead of iMacPro1,1) - we just need more people to try it.

The Sage boards work great in Mojave/Catalina and 10G is supported. Just need to flash the 10G ports using ubuntu (detailed in kgps guide). I believe no one here has reported success with a 10980xe yet but someone has with a 10900x.

I’m running a 9900X on my Sage 10G, and I am waiting for the 10980XE I ordered in November to arrive... :banghead:

Has anyone using a Sage/10G upgraded their bios to 2002 and run into issues with their Thunderbolt card?

I’m baffled by this issue- it doesn’t make any sense at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back