Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, my final, final, final comment. I have NEVER had to "rescan" with device manager or anything else in Windows to get the device or device(s) recognized. Once the firmware has been updated and the drivers have been installed, that's it. Done and done. But not in your case. You have said that you have to re-scan, and that suggests something about a hardware issue. Don't know what is wrong, but I would start with a different TB card.

On Sunday I’m going to reinstall my windows partition and reflash this card. Just going to use the drivers off the included CD and see what happens.

The latest driver seems to be : DRIVERS INTEL THUNDERBOLT 3 1.41.645.0 WHQL and FIRMWARE GIGABYTE THUNDERBOLT FW UPDATE TOOL GC-ALPINE RIDGE 1.0 B16.1118.1
Intel Thunderbolt Software Version 17.4.80.94 WHQL
  • Date & Version du drivers: 10/02/2019,17.4.80.94
  • WHQL: oui
  • Officiel: non
  • Sous: Windows 10
  • Systemes: 64bits (X64)
  • Pack Version: 17.4.80.550
  • Pour:
  • DSL6540/6340 Series - 'Alpine Ridge'
    JHL6540/6340 Series - 'Alpine Ridge'
    JHL6240 Series - 'Alpine Ridge LP'
    JHL7540/7340 Series - 'Titan Ridge'

I'm having trouble installing TSCAdjustReset.kext. I adjusted it for my CPU, but I can't get it to install in Mojave. I forget the exact message, but basically Mojave doesn't trust this kext (invalid signature or something). I copied it to the "other" directory as instructed, but to no avail. It doesn't appear in the output of: kextstat | grep -v com.apple

spctl kext-consent status gives an output of enabled. I tried rebooting into the recovery partition to disable this, but it still remains enabled.

spctl -a -vv -t install TSCAdjustReset.kext gives an invalid info.plist error.

I thought I followed KGP's instructions exactly for this.

Thoughts?

PS: My EFI folder is on page 165, although it's been updated to lose some of the kext patches.

Last edited:
I'm having trouble installing TSCAdjustReset.kext. I adjusted it for my CPU, but I can't get it to install in Mojave. I forget the exact message, but basically Mojave doesn't trust this kext (invalid signature or something). I copied it to the "other" directory as instructed, but to no avail. It doesn't appear in the output of: kextstat | grep -v com.apple

spctl kext-consent status gives an output of enabled. I tried rebooting into the recovery partition to disable this, but it still remains enabled.

spctl -a -vv -t install TSCAdjustReset.kext gives an invalid info.plist error.

I thought I followed KGP's instructions exactly for this.

Thoughts?

PS: My EFI folder is on page 165, although it's been updated to lose some of the kext patches.
Try this one ;)

Attachments

• TSCAdjustReset.kext.zip
    9.8 KB · Views: 59
Try this one ;)

Thanks! It installed correctly, and all of the TSC unsynched errors during bootup are gone.

Unfortunately, the machine still locks up randomly. I haven't started on the USB port limit thing yet.

"Enable USB port limit patches:

Valid USB port limit patches for 10.14.4 provided by @PMHeart (hardwired but yet disabled in my respective EFI-Folder distribution) by following initial USB port limit patch approach for 10.14.3 by @ydeng :

Code:
kext : com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily
Find : 83FB0F0F 87
Replace : 83FB3F0F 87
Name : USB Port Limit Patch 1 ©PMHeart
Code:
kext : com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
Find : 4183FF0F 0F83
Replace : 4183FF0F 0F83
Name : USB Port Limit Patch 2 ©PMHeart
Code:
Find : 83E30FD3 E34109DF
Replace : 83E33FD3 E34109DF
Name : USB Port Limit Patch 3 ©PMHeart
Finally save the modified config.plist."

This mean said by KGP on create usb install. But where I must do that? On Clover "text converter"?
I always can't start my install.

I9 9940X
Asus Prime A
128Go Corsaire Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz
1 To Samsung Nvme 970 Evo Plus
Gigabyte Radeon Vega 64

Thanks in advance

YESS! It's OK now!

"Enable USB port limit patches:

Valid USB port limit patches for 10.14.4 provided by @PMHeart (hardwired but yet disabled in my respective EFI-Folder distribution) by following initial USB port limit patch approach for 10.14.3 by @ydeng :

Code:
Find : 83FB0F0F 87
Replace : 83FB3F0F 87
Name : USB Port Limit Patch 1 ©PMHeart
Code:
kext : com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
Find : 4183FF0F 0F83
Replace : 4183FF0F 0F83
Name : USB Port Limit Patch 2 ©PMHeart
Code:
Find : 83E30FD3 E34109DF
Replace : 83E33FD3 E34109DF
Name : USB Port Limit Patch 3 ©PMHeart
Finally save the modified config.plist."

This mean said by KGP on create usb install. But where I must do that? On Clover "text converter"?
I always can't start my install.

I9 9940X
Asus Prime A
128Go Corsaire Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz
1 To Samsung Nvme 970 Evo Plus
Gigabyte Radeon Vega 64

Thanks in advance

Port limit patches are not recommended really, because they change on every update.

A usb kext is recommended (or if you want to do SSDTs) and some samples are provided on specific boards around the forum.

Is it ok to use the XHC USB kext for the Asus X299 Sage 10G on my non-10G mobo?

Is it ok to use the XHC USB kext for the Asus X299 Sage 10G on my non-10G mobo?
No, the configuration is different. I had to buckle down and learn how to make the kext...
I'll see if I can find it (machine belongs to a friend, so I'll ask him)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back