Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has to be something I’m doing wrong in macOS. I am completely lost. The reboot security trick @Il.F posted above didn’t work for me.
Thunderbolt behavior is strange :mrgreen: : yesterday I rolled back to BIOS 1704 because with BIOS 1902 I lost Thunderbolt on system peripherals. (I wanted to see if it was better.) So I don't try the latest BIOS 2002...:beachball:

Thunderbolt behavior is strange :mrgreen: : yesterday I rolled back to BIOS 1704 because with BIOS 1902 I lost Thunderbolt on system peripherals. (I wanted to see if it was better.) So I don't try the latest BIOS 2002...:beachball:

Oh boy.... I need BIOS 2002 for the new 10980XE I have on order :banghead:

Also tried adding ACPI -> AutoMerge=True via clover .. did nothing at all

Oh boy.... I need BIOS 2002 for the new 10980XE I have on order :banghead:
Don't worry : I have the Prime X299 Deluxe and It may be different and functional with the WS Sage X299/10G
Currently I do some research to find different parameters and settings.

@djbuddha can you take a screenshot of your BIOS in the Thunderbolt section to see if the settings possibilities are different from mine?

@djbuddha can you take a screenshot of your bios in the Thunderbolt section to see if the settings possibilities are different from mine?

Here you go, thank you for the assistance today. :)

BB035B12-45F0-4239-950D-B15A7C201063.jpeg
A6AD5389-0FF6-4EB1-BBCA-5BEB5FF4536A.jpeg
BCD3F748-4B50-4520-A346-639583A26064.jpeg

Thanks, i will take a look but it seems to be the same of mine.
I read elsewhere that some users can access to "full hidden" Thunderbolt setting.
So I read here a post where it explained how to modify some BIOS setting it. I must find it.
But to try different BIOS versions, it is more easier with a motherboard with 2 BIOS you can switch1/2.

TSCAdjustReset (Section C.4) and mapping USB ports (Section E.4) is in the guide.
Good luck!

I attached the EFI folder to my original post back on p165. It represents my original config. I'm starting the TSCAdjustReset part now.

Thanks!

@djbuddha
How does Thunderbolt appear on your IOReg ?

@djbuddha
How does Thunderbolt appear on your IOReg ?

Stepped out for a few in the midst of a super busy day. I know for a fact that it’s nothing like how it shows up in KGP’s guide lol.

Is there any manditory prerequisite I need to have to make the Titan Ridge fire up excluding putting the AML files in the patched directory? I’m in slot 2 as recommended for this board, BIOS settings are right, firmware is updated and it works fine in Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back