Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Officially excited now :headbang:

Yea, I'm going to have to back out of my not liking the 2002 bios for WS Sage. Originally I had some problems, but I think that was a combination of things (not to mention 10.15.0 issues) and so I went back and flashed it again, and now on 10.15.2 (19C39d), the board, with that 2002 bios update, seems fine.

Last edited:
Because the files to flash the Titan Ridge card are only available in Windows format

Which files? I don't think there are any firmware updates for the Titan Ridge yet, are there?

That's true, but the other files for Thunderbolt are all windows based...there are firmware files and driver files and they are all windows format, i.e., designed to run in Windows and nowhere else.

Actually, I take that back. There is a firmware update - mine went from v23.0 to v43.0

Yea, I'm going to have to back out of my not liking the 2002 bios for WS Sage. Originally I had some problems, but I think that was a combination of things (not to mention 10.15.0 issues) and so I went back and flashed it again, and now on 10.15.2 (19C39d), the board, with that 2002 bios update, seems fine.

Pardon my ignorance on this, but that means the 2002 BIOS update should be ok in Mojave correct?

I would think so, and on my Sage, with bios 2002, it works fine, but ymmv......

Next Saturday and Sunday I’m devoting the entire weekend to getting this thing up and running. Can’t wait for the new processors

Ok ... I want to install my Vega 64 drivers ... this is how far I got (this is confusing me).

It's a Sapphire Nitro + Vega 64

I went to kgp's repository and grabbed "DSDT-X299-Slot5-PC01-BR1A-SL01-Vega64.aml"

Here's where I'm lost:

Description says: "AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 PCIe Slot-5, PC01.BR1A.SL01, PCI bridge @10 GFX0 and HDAU PCI implementation. Be careful though, the implemented OC load table is for a water blocked Nitro+ RX Vega 64 and should not be used for any Vegas with air flow fan cooling. Latter users should implement the load table from SSDT-X299-Vega64.aml for the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe or generate their own GPU load table suited for their respective Vega 64 hardware implementation."

So I'm air-cooled, so I need to load the table from "SSDT-X299-Vega64.aml"

In KGP's X299 System SDST's collection it says:

"This X299 System SSDT Github repository constitutes a set of motherboard and PCIe-Slot specific system SSDTs for the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe. Users of different motherboards and/or different PCIe-Slot populations have to adopt at least the ACPI path and ACPI replacments implemented in each specfic file.

How to do so, is explained wihtin this small and basic guideline: http://kgp-hackintosh-corner.com/ho...l-by-means-of-dsdt-and-ioreg-acpi-information"

Aaaaaaaand the link is dead LOL.

I want to change it to support my Sapphire Nitro Vega 64 Air-Cooled card and want to adjust it to PCI-E Slot 4 and am literally up the creek at the moment.

Any advice/help is appreciated lol

Ok ... I want to install my Vega 64 drivers ... this is how far I got (this is confusing me).

It's a Sapphire Nitro + Vega 64

I went to kgp's repository and grabbed "DSDT-X299-Slot5-PC01-BR1A-SL01-Vega64.aml"

Here's where I'm lost:

Description says: "AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 PCIe Slot-5, PC01.BR1A.SL01, PCI bridge @10 GFX0 and HDAU PCI implementation. Be careful though, the implemented OC load table is for a water blocked Nitro+ RX Vega 64 and should not be used for any Vegas with air flow fan cooling. Latter users should implement the load table from SSDT-X299-Vega64.aml for the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe or generate their own GPU load table suited for their respective Vega 64 hardware implementation."

So I'm air-cooled, so I need to load the table from "SSDT-X299-Vega64.aml"

In KGP's X299 System SDST's collection it says:

"This X299 System SSDT Github repository constitutes a set of motherboard and PCIe-Slot specific system SSDTs for the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe. Users of different motherboards and/or different PCIe-Slot populations have to adopt at least the ACPI path and ACPI replacments implemented in each specfic file.

How to do so, is explained wihtin this small and basic guideline: http://kgp-hackintosh-corner.com/ho...l-by-means-of-dsdt-and-ioreg-acpi-information"

Aaaaaaaand the link is dead LOL.

I want to change it to support my Sapphire Nitro Vega 64 Air-Cooled card and want to adjust it to PCI-E Slot 4 and am literally up the creek at the moment.

Any advice/help is appreciated lol

You do know that if you're running a late version of Mojave or any version of Catalina, your Vega should run natively without any SSDT at all?

I have a secondary system running Catalina with a Vega 56 (almost the same chip) and no SSDT. And, actually it does show up in System Report -> PCI. I load WEG, yes, SSDT, no. I used to own Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64's and I don't recall running any of @kgp's SSDTs with it in Mojave 10.14.4 or later. Remember, those SSDT's are almost all cosmetic, and are not required to run macOS.....

Now, if you understand that these SSDTs are mostly cosmetic, and you still want to load them and adjust their slots, I'll have to leave that to someone else.....

One thing you could try is to run Hackintool, the PCI section, and if your Vega is listed there, you could export that report, and then import that specific section into Clover or OpenCore. Then when you run System Report - PCI, you'll see the Vega listed there. You may need to delete a lot of listings from the PCI report that Hackintool gives you. There's more information on Hackintool here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/release-hackintool-v2-8-6.254559/

I think the reason @kgp put that note in there was because his Vega was water cooled, and thatr meant he could drive the temps harder than an air cooled Vega. So, don't load that @kgp SSDT at all, and if you're trying to manage your fans better, you could try this link: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...vega-power-and-fan-control-properties.267519/

Good luck.....

You do know that if you're running a late version of Mojave or any version of Catalina, your Vega should run natively without any SSDT at all?

I have a secondary system running Catalina with a Vega 56 (almost the same chip) and no SSDT. And, actually it does show up in System Report -> PCI. I load WEG, yes, SSDT, no. I used to own Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64's and I don't recall running any of @kgp's SSDTs with it in Mojave 10.14.4 or later. Remember, those SSDT's are almost all cosmetic, and are not required to run macOS.....

Now, if you understand that these SSDTs are mostly cosmetic, and you still want to load them and adjust their slots, I'll have to leave that to someone else.....

One thing you could try is to run Hackintool, the PCI section, and if your Vega is listed there, you could export that report, and then import that specific section into Clover or OpenCore. Then when you run System Report - PCI, you'll see the Vega listed there. You may need to delete a lot of listings from the PCI report that Hackintool gives you. There's more information on Hackintool here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/release-hackintool-v2-8-6.254559/

I think the reason @kgp put that note in there was because his Vega was water cooled, and thatr meant he could drive the temps harder than an air cooled Vega. So, don't load that @kgp SSDT at all, and if you're trying to manage your fans better, you could try this link: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...vega-power-and-fan-control-properties.267519/

Good luck.....

When I have HDMI connected, I can’t change it to anything higher than 1280x720 without it losing its mind lol. Also, Final Cut “works” but there’s issues (when I close a project it leaves a frame open)... if I cmd tab it crashes more often than not and if I export a file with quick frame changes- sometimes it destroys specific frames in the export. Latest FCPX from the App Store running latest Mojave.

Wanted to attempt to fix it today while I had a few hours lol

edit: just checked that link:

“Update: MacOS Mojave 10.14.5+ includes a major overhaul of the Vega GPU drivers which should resolve all the power and fan control issues with OEM Vega cards and thus should make the methods outlined in this guide no longer necessary. Although you can still use the method to apply a core and/or memory overclock”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back