Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK guys, I know it's not something important, but I have to share my happiness :p
Today I changed old internet box (Livebox 4) on new 5th (Livebox 5) version with noted 2x1Gbps per device
what is most important it's my upload from 250 to 600 it's nice change :D

I'm interested how could I bridge that to use whole 2Gbps instead of limit 1Gbps per device :p
Of course actual result it's not bad... especially for very small city in south France, but
as you know we all like to use crazy hardware, software, connections etc etc :D
It's still too slow for AQC107 "Asus 10G card" which I use, but we can't complain if
we can imagine a fact when 2 years ago I used only mobile 20Mbps connection
or even before max 8-10Mbps with ADSL connection.

I'm think, only @Loloflatsix can use that Livebox 5 from Orange in France,
I didn't found nothing about that before (on YT or anywhere else), so I think I will
make a first video about this and that nice performance :)

View attachment 434871

Maybe when we get better upload in my area and better downstream I'll take full advantage of the those 10GBE ports on the Sage X299 board :beachball:

There's my current bandwidth on average. Not mad at this at all, except the upload speed.

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 2.11.50 PM.png

Thanks guys for your support!

Specs:
Mobo: Asus Prime X299-A
CPU: Intel Core i9 9980XE OC
AiO: Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm push/pull
GPU: AMD Radeon VII
RAM: 64GB 8x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz
SSD: Samsung 970 Pro
PSU: Corsair 1000W Platinum
Case: Corsair 570X Mirror Edition
WiFi BT: Broadcom - The OOB one
Fans: Corsair LL RGB 120mm

Stickin with Apple Keyboard and Mice 'cause I'm too used to the touch scroll, maybe I'll try the new MX Master 3 one day

Maybe when we get better upload in my area and better downstream I'll take full advantage of the those 10GBE ports on the Sage X299 board :beachball:

There's my current bandwidth on average. Not mad at this at all, except the upload speed.

View attachment 434897
Except upload you have great connection :D ... and you have something what I don't have here
https://www.fibrestream.ca/internet-5000 I can imagine quite high price for that but
5000/5000 Mbps :crazy: - I think "Linus" have something like that :p

I'm sure with new config it will be a better experience of using your actual connection,
maybe not a lot but always... 10G cards don't change a lot, but are useful :)

@pieropontra it's quite perfect config :D
What I think about, what you could add - 4x NVME drives :p
BTW you are the next one person who can take advantage with new bios
and max - 256Gb of RAM, as Asus Global site show ;)

Few days ago I checked few more X299 ASUS motherboards
where Asus changed description to max 256 GB of RAM:
(of course it's not for everyone "that crazy and not cheap at all" 256Gb of ram, but
if someone want's know which mb was updated: little list is below) :)

Prime X299-A I
Prime X299-A II
PRIME X299-DELUXE I
PRIME X299-DELUXE II
TUF X299 MARK 1
TUF X299 MARK 2
ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING
ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING II
ROG STRIX X299-XE GAMING
Prime X299 Edition 30

Except upload you have great connection :D ... and you have something what I don't have here
https://www.fibrestream.ca/internet-5000 I can imagine quite high price for that but

I'm sure with new config it will be a better experience of using your actual connection,

Unfortunately that 5000 MBS service is only available in insanely expensive boutique areas in Toronto. The rest of us are waiting for Bell spread their 1200 down / 940 up service to the rest of us. It will probably be years until we see better coverage. Unfortunately they have to rip up the roads to install all the fibre to get FTTH like most of Toronto.

Thanks guys for your support!

Specs:
Mobo: Asus Prime X299-A
CPU: Intel Core i9 9980XE OC
AiO: Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm push/pull
GPU: AMD Radeon VII
RAM: 64GB 8x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz
SSD: Samsung 970 Pro
PSU: Corsair 1000W Platinum
Case: Corsair 570X Mirror Edition
WiFi BT: Broadcom - The OOB one
Fans: Corsair LL RGB 120mm

Stickin with Apple Keyboard and Mice 'cause I'm too used to the touch scroll, maybe I'll try the new MX Master 3 one day

Very similar to the machine I'm working on currently.

I get what you mean about the being used to certain Apple things when it comes to the mouse.

I got so used to running my Macbook Pro on the road that when I did my desk setup, I tend to keep my Magic Trackpad below the keyboard and the mouse to the side as I rely more on muscle memory during my workflow. Plus that Logitech MX Master 2S from a few years back. Don't mind the Tim Hortons card, I AM CANADIAN :lol:

IMG_0253.jpg

@pieropontra it's quite perfect config :D
What I think about, what you could add - 4x NVME drives :p
BTW you are the next one person who can take advantage with new bios
and max - 256Gb of RAM, as Asus Global site show ;)

Few days ago I checked few more X299 ASUS motherboards
where Asus changed description to max 256 GB of RAM:
(of course it's not for everyone "that crazy and not cheap at all" 256Gb of ram, but
if someone want's know which mb was updated: little list is below) :)

Prime X299-A I
Prime X299-A II
PRIME X299-DELUXE I
PRIME X299-DELUXE II
TUF X299 MARK 1
TUF X299 MARK 2
ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING
ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING II
ROG STRIX X299-XE GAMING
Prime X299 Edition 30
No way I'll spend money on a 256GB kit which I'll never take advantage of mate!!! Ahahah!!!

Unfortunately that 5000 MBS service is only available in insanely expensive boutique areas in Toronto. The rest of us are waiting for Bell spread their 1200 down / 940 up service to the rest of us. It will probably be years until we see better coverage. Unfortunately they have to rip up the roads to install all the fibre to get FTTH like most of Toronto.

Very similar to the machine I'm working on currently.

I get what you mean about the being used to certain Apple things when it comes to the mouse.

I got so used to running my Macbook Pro on the road that when I did my desk setup, I tend to keep my Magic Trackpad below the keyboard and the mouse to the side as I rely more on muscle memory during my workflow. Plus that Logitech MX Master 2S from a few years back. Don't mind the Tim Hortons card, I AM CANADIAN :lol:

View attachment 434906
How do you use gestures with th Mx Masters? You know... scroll + mission control + swipes etc... I'm from Italy mate!

How do you use gestures with th Mx Masters? You know... scroll + mission control + swipes etc... I'm from Italy mate!

I do it with the trackpad. I’ll use the mouse to do intricate things, and the trackpad for swipes, pinch mission control etc. When I work on the road, I throw the mouse in the bag so I always have the closest thing to the same keyboard/mouse/trackpad experience on the road.

While I’m on topic about the mouse, I used to work on the road daily and this mouse has seen better days in terms of cosmetics, but has been solid in terms of functionality. It’s built VERY well.

I hope you get what I mean about the way I use the combination. If I have gestures on the trackpad, I wouldn’t need the Magic Mouse. Just takes some adjustment, but I love it.

Thanks for degrading this thread into a discord chat, you lot :rolleyes:

Can we please go back to discussing issues directly relating to ASUS X299 motherboard setups? I'm happy for you, but I really don't care about your internet speed, or your choice of mouse.

Thanks for degrading this thread into a discord chat, you lot :rolleyes:

Can we please go back to discussing issues directly relating to ASUS X299 motherboard setups? I'm happy for you, but I really don't care about your internet speed, or your choice of mouse.

I guess how all of it relates:

I bought a Sage X299 WS 10G board and that part of the conversation for me was in regards to utilizing it when faster internet speed eventually comes.

In regards to the mouse stuff, it’s just commentary about how I use my home setup and will continue to on the X299 platform.

You’re right, it’s off topic. If @pieropontra or anyone else wants to continue this conversation, feel free to start a private discussion. Let’s get back on track, sorry about that!

You’re right, it’s off topic. If @pieropontra or anyone else wants to continue this conversation, feel free to start a private discussion. Let’s get back on track, sorry about that!

Doesn't even have to be private - it's interesting stuff, in a different context and you all seem like friendly people - but remember what happened to KGP's nutty, thousand-page thread… let's not do that again.

Doesn't even have to be private - it's interesting stuff, in a different context and you all seem like friendly people - but remember what happened to KGP's nutty, thousand-page thread… let's not do that again.

Couldn’t agree more lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back