Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK guys, I know it's not something important, but I have to share my happiness :p
Today I changed old internet box (Livebox 4) on new 5th (Livebox 5) version with noted 2x1Gbps per device
what is most important it's my upload from 250 to 600 it's nice change :D

I'm interested how could I bridge that to use whole 2Gbps instead of limit 1Gbps per device :p
Of course actual result it's not bad... especially for very small city in south France, but
as you know we all like to use crazy hardware, software, connections etc etc :D
It's still too slow for AQC107 "Asus 10G card" which I use, but we can't complain if
we can imagine a fact when 2 years ago I used only mobile 20Mbps connection
or even before max 8-10Mbps with ADSL connection.

I'm think, only @Loloflatsix can use that Livebox 5 from Orange in France,
I didn't found nothing about that before (on YT or anywhere else), so I think I will
make a first video about this and that nice performance :)

View attachment 434871

Where I am in Canada, most of us are limited to 1 Gbps down 30 Mbit up (1G up/down is being insanely slow in the rollout due to construction limitations).

For my work I’d kill for that upload. That’s awesome.

Where I am in Canada, most of us are limited to 1 gbps down 30 mbit up (1g up/down is being insanely slow in the rollout due to construction limitations).

For my work I’d kill for that upload. That’s awesome.
It's something what I see with my friends in Poland, a lot of times,
download is cool but upload limited to 20,50 or max 100Mbps.
I'm happy to see Orange in France which provide so great connections
and they are cheaper than connections in Poland or other my friends countries.
(Maybe not cheapest in France, but still I think 35€/month then 49€ after first year
it's not so much when you need a great stable connection)

... and believe me you are not a first person with who I would like to share that,
because as many people I know how it's hard to live with slower Internet
(especially hard time with upload lower than 100Mbps :crazy: , when you want
to sent more/or bigger files)

It's something what I see with my friends in Poland, a lot of times,
download is cool but upload limited to 20,50 or max 100Mbps.
I'm happy to see Orange in France which provide so great connections
and they are cheaper than connections in Poland or other my friends countries.
(Maybe not cheapest in France, but still I think 35€/month then 49€ after first year
it's not so much when you need a great stable connection)

... and believe me you are not a first person with who I would like to share that,
because as many people I know how it's hard to live with slower Internet
(especially hard time with upload lower than 100Mbps :crazy: , when you want
to sent more/or bigger files)

Sadly the Starbucks near my house has free WiFi with 70Mbit up..... or better said. 2.3x my max available upload on my Internet at home. :banghead:

Speaking of bells and whistles... I've update my setup! New monitors (3 x 4K HDR 32" babies) + New Chair + Same Old discotheque build... ❤️ iPad Pro 12,9" + Apple peripherals bluetooth array
IMG_0079.jpeg
IMG_0080.jpeg

Speaking of bells and whistles... I've update my setup! New monitors (3 x 4K HDR 32" babies) + New Chair + Same Old discotheque build... ❤ iPad Pro 12,9" + Apple peripherals bluetooth array

Good lord that's pretty.

Speaking of bells and whistles... I've update my setup! New monitors (3 x 4K HDR 32" babies) + New Chair + Same Old discotheque build... ❤ iPad Pro 12,9" + Apple peripherals bluetooth arrayView attachment 434880View attachment 434881

Hi there.

While this looks like a lovely desk and hardware, it isn't really offering x299 users any Support.

How about writing-up your build and posting this in the User Builds thread ?

:thumbup:

Speaking of bells and whistles... I've update my setup! New monitors (3 x 4K HDR 32" babies) + New Chair + Same Old discotheque build... ❤ iPad Pro 12,9" + Apple peripherals bluetooth arrayView attachment 434880View attachment 434881
Great crazy config :D I have one 34" and some smaller old screen near it, but 3x 32" - I can't imagine,
but it's true it can be veeery cool to work on that :D
I have to prepare some little message to Santa (I would like to have his phone number before Christmas :lol:)

I have quite similar lights, for evening work, I like that ambience very much :)
....and about iPad Pro - 12,9 is really great, especially for my thousand of notes, but I choose for me 11"
for more comfortable usage while I move somewhere etc... today I can't imagine my life
without that little amazing thing :p :)

BTW: Good cable management change a lot - nice and clean look, and no accidents ... :p

Great working place! Good job! :thumbup::D

PS: Little thing which I could change there - it's horrible Apple mouse, which is for
me extremely uncomfortable (as keyboard) - but of course whole pack looks great ;)

Hi there.

While this looks like a lovely desk and hardware, it isn't really offering x299 users any Support.

How about writing-up your build and posting this in the User Builds thread ?

:thumbup:

I was about to ask what the config was.

OK guys, I know it's not something important, but I have to share my happiness :p
Today I changed old internet box (Livebox 4) on new 5th (Livebox 5) version with noted 2x1Gbps per device
what is most important it's my upload from 250 to 600 it's nice change :D

I'm interested how could I bridge that to use whole 2Gbps instead of limit 1Gbps per device :p
Of course actual result it's not bad... especially for very small city in south France, but
as you know we all like to use crazy hardware, software, connections etc etc :D
It's still too slow for AQC107 "Asus 10G card" which I use, but we can't complain if
we can imagine a fact when 2 years ago I used only mobile 20Mbps connection
or even before max 8-10Mbps with ADSL connection.

I'm think, only @Loloflatsix can use that Livebox 5 from Orange in France,
I didn't found nothing about that before (on YT or anywhere else), so I think I will
make a first video about this and that nice performance :)

View attachment 434871
Unfortunately my performance on speed test is not nice. :oops:
For now I have still the Livebox 4.
And it's also because in my last message about the 10G LAN, I used the future : my provider Orange for network still uses the wired cable in VSL2 mode and not yet the optical fiber whose distribution network cabinet that is just 150 meters from where I am...
So when I see your speed test for me it is good: it means that you have an optical fiber and that the speed is 10 X against my poor performance...
I am limited with my network every day for the moment. Living in the mountains has drawbacks...:banghead:

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2019-11-07 à 18.28.22.png
    Capture d’écran 2019-11-07 à 18.28.22.png
    87 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Unfortunately my performance on speed test is not nice. :oops:
For now I have still the Livebox 4.
And it's also because in my last message about the 10G LAN, I used the future : my provider Orange for network still uses the wired cable in VSL2 mode and not yet the optical fiber whose distribution network cabinet that is just 150 meters from where I am...
So when I see your speed test for me it is good: it means that you have an optical fiber and that the speed is 10 X against my poor performance...
I am limited with my network every day for the moment. Living in the mountains has drawbacks...
I was thinking - I'm alone who live in "whole of ***", but even here Orange developed a nice optic fiber connection,
I'm sure in next weeks they will be able to connect your house, but 1 little thing - you have to call them almost everyday
and push - how much you need that connection etc - spend time worth that nice results after installation ;)

BTW: I just ordered Apple Watch 5 (44mm, GPS) and I want to ask these people who use our X299 builds
and their Apple watches to unlock system - if it works correctly and without problems? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back