Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some news about the T2 SSDT.aml :

So since this night I tried several versions.

And finally it happened that with one of them I got a kernel panic.

You should say : it not mach. No : the work just started.

Now, time will pass, just keep the goal in mind and find how to solve this problem ... :beachball: :D

Yes just +1 with @djbuddha : the speed will be in theoretical X4.

But in my case the 10G lan will be more interressting for cloud-computing : 3D models on BIM architecture projects have become heavier and to change it on the fly we need powerful desktops and more speed.

Wait til we get cloud based AI scaling at affordable prices ...that 10G would be HANDY for older source material I’d love to upscale for my clients.

Hopefully we can be greedy and have both TB3 networking and 10GBE :lol:

Some news about the T2 SSDT.aml :
[…]
Now, time will pass, just keep the goal in mind and find how to solve this problem ... :beachball: :D

You understand that the T2 is essentially a separate ARM coprocessor, right?

I don't want to discourage you - by all means, it's your time - but do you have a plan for emulating a CPU of a different architecture to the one you're running?

I don't want to discourage you - by all means, it's your time - but do you have a plan for emulating a CPU of a different architecture to the one you're running?

On top of that it's heavily proprietary and most likely can't even dump the firmware from it. It runs it's own OS called BridgeOS.

It's probably all encrypted knowing Apple. It would be nice to emulate H265 away from it to hand it off to the GPU so we can use SideCar.

So it looks like I’m probably building this machine on Sunday and I’ll configure following the @kgp guide.

So if I understand this...

Titan ridge goes in slot 4
Must install and boot into windows 10 and install the driver which will flash the card to make it work.

I have a Fenvi T-919 (I believe that’s the model)- that card should just plug and play for wifi Bluetooth right?

Update to the earliest bios that supports the 10 series intel chips (so when I get the actual chip- all I have to do is change the integer to match the cores- so for the 10980XE that would be 17 (18-1)

Lastly, using Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz RAM (4x16)... which slots do I populate? I couldn’t find any mention of this for the Sage 10G

Anything else I need to remember in terms of the hardware side? I also need to do a flash of some sort to get on board 10GBE right?

So it looks like I’m probably building this machine on Sunday and I’ll configure following the @kgp guide.

So if I understand this...

Titan ridge goes in slot 4
Must install and boot into windows 10 and install the driver which will flash the card to make it work.

I have a Fenvi T-919 (I believe that’s the model)- that card should just plug and play for wifi Bluetooth right?

Update to the earliest bios that supports the 10 series intel chips (so when I get the actual chip- all I have to do is change the integer to match the cores- so for the 10980XE that would be 17 (18-1)

Lastly, using Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz RAM (4x16)... which slots do I populate? I couldn’t find any mention of this for the Sage 10G

Anything else I need to remember in terms of the hardware side? I also need to do a flash of some sort to get on board 10GBE right?

Titan Ridge must go into Slot 2 on SAGE/10G.

Look at my PCIe layout here for reference:

This was the layout I liked but don't have to follow it. For RAM, look at the manual it shows which slots to populate if 4 DIMMs.

For 10GbE look at KGP thread post #1, there's an explanation how to do it, you have to boot into Linux (Ubuntu) and do it from there. It's a very easy process, but make sure to double triple check the command before doing it. You do it once and it works perfect, then you put in the SmallTree kext into your kext folder and it will load the drivers normally, I can upload that kext later when you need it.

Titan Ridge must go into Slot 2 on SAGE/10G.

Look at my PCIe layout here for reference:

I actually meant to write slot 2. Long day lol

This was the layout I liked but don't have to follow it. For RAM, look at the manual it shows which slots to populate if 4 DIMMs.

For 10GbE look at KGP thread post #1, there's an explanation how to do it, you have to boot into Linux (Ubuntu) and do it from there. It's a very easy process, but make sure to double triple check the command before doing it. You do it once and it works perfect, then you put in the SmallTree kext into your kext folder and it will load the drivers normally, I can upload that kext later when you need it.

Just read the rest after the link (like I said, long day).....

Can we just agree that you’re a saint. Thank you!!!!

No, i wrote that : not the T2 Processor but the T2 Controller these are two different devices : the T2 controller is a CopyController (example for DRM or H265 as @izo1 wrote), and I mean if we should emulate it, we may have more compatibility with SMBIOS iMacPro 1.1

Last edited:
OK guys, I know it's not something important, but I have to share my happiness :p
Today I changed old internet box (Livebox 4) on new 5th (Livebox 5) version with noted 2x1Gbps per device
what is most important it's my upload from 250 to 600 it's nice change :D

I'm interested how could I bridge that to use whole 2Gbps instead of limit 1Gbps per device :p
Of course actual result it's not bad... especially for very small city in south France, but
as you know we all like to use crazy hardware, software, connections etc etc :D
It's still too slow for AQC107 "Asus 10G card" which I use, but we can't complain if
we can imagine a fact when 2 years ago I used only mobile 20Mbps connection
or even before max 8-10Mbps with ADSL connection.

I'm think, only @Loloflatsix can use that Livebox 5 from Orange in France,
I didn't found nothing about that before (on YT or anywhere else), so I think I will
make a first video about this and that nice performance :)

Capture d’écran 2019-11-07 à 16.25.07.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back