Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Loloflatsix Probably best to wait for the 14 core (or more) versions of the 10000x processors, seeing as how Intel has so radically dropped the price......they, like the 9900 x299 processors do not need delidding....

Yes, good advice, I will probably wait for the 10980XE ;)

Yes I'm in Europe (France) and it is a long way to https://siliconlottery.com/
Thanks for your link anyway.
I live in France :lol: (Auvergne), but nobody from Cantal, buy X299 config,
and even more "cpu deliding" so I'm sure you live far away from me :p
but if one day you are in dep.15 or near..., and you want to delid CPU you don't have to buy delid tool
you can simply use mine (I can help you with it):)
Btw: We have to wait for 10980XE and look how it will work and as @mm2margaret said
check why Intel has so radically dropped the price -if it wil be not something hidden behind it :p

Last edited:
I'm on bios 1201 and as i solved cpu temp problem now i've another issue....system freezes and usb become unresponsive at random and not only with OSX but in windows too.
I tried to reverse back to 0905 with flashback bios button (usb formatted fat32 and bios renamed to WSXTG.CAP) but after pressing for 3sec button nothing happens. I'm thinking that maybe this mb is buggy and i need to return to Amazon and ask for another. Tried too to clear cmos and setup again bios...random freezes still happen.

I'm on bios 1201 and as i solved cpu temp problem now i've another issue....system freezes and usb become unresponsive at random and not only with OSX but in windows too.
I tried to reverse back to 0905 with flashback bios button (usb formatted fat32 and bios renamed to WSXTG.CAP) but after pressing for 3sec button nothing happens. I'm thinking that maybe this mb is buggy and i need to return to Amazon and ask for another. Tried too to clear cmos and setup again bios...random freezes still happen.

It does sound like you've got a bad board.....it does happen with Asus (not picking on Asus, these X299 boards from any manufacturer can be difficult). Given the issues you've had, if I had those issues, and I had the option to return it, back it would go....

On another point, you're not really trying to rock a 1080 TI in there are you? If not (and I sure hope you're not), might be good to update your signatures......

Your USB stick must be formatted as MBR FAT32, not GUID for the Flashback feature to work.

As far as the freeze, is the USB device connected to the rear? What device is it? Are you using a HUB? Is it a USB2 device connected to USB3 port? Can you try another port? Maybe the USB3.1 port?

Last edited:
I don't have 1100€ ready for buying it, but it's a good moment to wait and
look what we will use for cpu id, how it will perform on Mojave, Catalina etc...
More PCI lines (what I want in 1st place) and 18cores for half of price - I still can't belive :) :p

The RRP is US$990 I believe, should cost less that 1100 euros.

I wonder if the extra PCI lines can actually be used with existing motherboard and the X299 chipset. Afterall they have been wired for the lesser lane count.

Hey gang,

I went through a bit of hell today..

I got a UPS, finally, and plugged my machine into it before starting my day.
Smart to have a battery to protect your work...right?

Everything turned on except my Asus ThunderboltEX3 card. This happens periodically (twice a month) after being off over night, but I can just turn the power supply off for 10 seconds, and 99% of the time, it works after that. Today, it took me the entire day. Clearning CMOS, removing the cards, going into windows and redoing the drivers, removing the CMOS battery, flashing various BIOS iterations.... everything. Lost a day of work. Ironic that plugging into a device meant to protect me may have caused this. I got it back up a few hours ago and it seems to be stable after a few restarts.

During the mayhem of trying everything I know, I always noticed after clearing CMOS, or flashing the BIOS that the machine would see the card in System Agent Config>PEG Port but after setting everything the way it has always been (KGP guide) it would never work and I would notice that the TB Security setting would keep changing back to User Authorization instead of No Security. On top of that, the card would not show up in System Agent Config like it did before the BIOS save. Tried different cables, I thought it may be a busted card so I ordered a Titan Ridge, I went to the apple store and got a new TB3-2 adapter. Nothing. Until I tried my 5th full bios flash, cards and CMOS battery pulled out for 15 min, total refresh. This time, I plugged the machine into the Surge only side of the UPS. I got my UAD Apollo to show up in Windows for the first time today. Then after a few restarts, in OSX. Althought my BT/Wifi Card showed up and Wifi worked, the BT took a few more restarts to actually allow my keyboard and trackpad to work. Very very odd.

I don't know if it's possible the UPS would work with everything but exclude the TB3 card to work, but now that it's working, I'm afraid of plugging the computer into the battery side of the UPS. It's a CyberPower AVRG900U which is line interactive.

If anyone knows more about this, I would appreciate understanding what I did wrong because I can't afford to be out a day on something so finicky. Will the Titan Ridge card be more kind or is it the Prime Deluxe or the UPS ?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Hi all,

After reading this forum a lot and my Mac coming to the end of its days, I decided to make the leap to building a Hackintosh. Specs as follows...

Motherboard — Asus Prime X299-Deluxe II ATX LGA2066 Motherboard
CPU — Intel Core i9-7960X 2.8 GHz 16-Core Processor
Graphics — MSI Radeon RX VEGA 64 8 GB Air Boost OC Video Card
RAM — Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage — Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB V-NAND 3500MB/s NVMe M.2 SSD
Monitor — Dell U2718Q 27.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz Monitor

Unfortunately, after 3 days, I am really struggling... I cant even get the Mojave installer to appear and am starting to regret my decision. I have followed @kgp 's guide, I have tried a heap of other EFI's, I have built my own. But the furthest I get is past the verbose and a little grey block appears on the screen with either a mouse icon or the spinning wheel and then I have to physically turn my machine off.

Please help :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back