Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a link to the original thread? I'd love to know more about what was changed in this BIOS. I've been having annoying issues where if I disable CSM, my rig won't boot stating "VGA Load BIOS" on the little OLED display on the motherboard. It only boots consistently if I enable CSM (which leads to a really low resolution boot sequence).

I updated that Vega BIOS after @WoodCabin post (it takes 2-3 minutes) and I'm happy :D, everything works great at this moment and I have even tiny percentage of better performance :p

I have to change my actual BIOS logo/splashscreen (from post #1300) and make some tests with better resolution images... then we will see if it make some bigger difference at boot... :)

I don't have Sapphire Nitro+, only standard Sapphire Vega64 and at this moment for all
people with Vega64 and dual-bios I can recommend that flashing..
(maybe without these people with "OC by defaut - watercooled" versions..

BTW: On the same time: I noticed faster wake up of my monitor after PC sleep, which were very annoying when he blinked X times, like he want but can't read image signal from card, while everything was OK on 2nd screen :)

PS:
@WoodCabin - I tried new version of AppleALC and everything works like before,
then I retried to find any difference in our configs, patches etc... at this moment I found nothing
special which could cause problems with your integrated audio :confused:

Last edited:
Do you have a link to the original thread? I'd love to know more about what was changed in this BIOS. I've been having annoying issues where if I disable CSM, my rig won't boot stating "VGA Load BIOS" on the little OLED display on the motherboard. It only boots consistently if I enable CSM (which leads to a really low resolution boot sequence).

Hi @tonyarnold , I have not put the direct link because I believe that in this forum it is not allowed to advertise other forums, in the original comment of this thread I wrote all the info.

PS:
@WoodCabin - I tried new version of AppleALC and everything works like before,
then I retried to find any difference in our configs, patches etc... at this moment I found nothing
special which could cause problems with your integrated audio :confused:
Hello @mgregrs , I have already solved the problem, it was a problem with the BIOS version, I have tried versions 2002, 1902 and 1704, in any of these versions the built-in audio does not work. USB 2.0 and 3.0 do not work, only USB 3.1 work.:banghead: Today I have returned to the version of Bios 1503 and everything has returned to work as if by magic:eek:, all USB (2.0, 3.0 and 3.1) and the built-in audio, EFI itself ... This looks like an X File ...:lol:

Hi @tonyarnold , I have not put the direct link because I believe that in this forum it is not allowed to advertise other forums, in the original comment of this thread I wrote all the info.

Hello @mgregrs , I have already solved the problem, it was a problem with the Bios version, I have tried versions 2002, 1902 and 1704, in any of these versions the built-in audio does not work. USB 2.0 and 3.0 do not work, only USB 3.1 work.:banghead: Today I have returned to the version of Bios 1503 and everything has returned to work as if by magic:eek:, all USB (2.0, 3.0 and 3.1) and the built-in audio, EFI itself ... This looks like an X File ...:lol:
Hello @WoodCabin After your comment I said .... hoooolyy *~#$ :crazy: :p
If you have ASUS Prime Deluxe (1) as me and a lot other users in hackintosh world, this is definitely not a BIOS reason...
I mean - maybe it was easier to do BIOS flashback, but I'm sure it's some other thing, like BIOS configuration or
some detail which we missed in your confgiuration (config.plist, ACPI etc...)

I my opinion it's really the worst idea to go back so far, instead finding a reason, because I had quite big difference in performance, especially from 1503 to higher versions so with your CPU it can be even more than me... :D so it worth to have actual BIOS, or something between..
Few minutes ago I was thinking I found that detail, but after comparing with few other configs,
it shouldn't be it so.... at this moment I can't say nothing more :|

I'm not sure if you use Catalina and this problem was only on Catalina or both Catalina and Mojave...
BTW.. today I will try to install Catalina on new test-ssd and I will see if everything works OK :)

Hello :) so maybe we have to use even more basic EFI at the beginning :p
Please try with this one and let us know, if something go wrong.
PS: Please say something more about your BIOS settings.. are they same as in KGP guide X299 Mojave....
then on what kind of storage you want to install it, did you add something
to EFI send by me before installation...? :)
Would you share your final working EFI with me, please. I have the same mobo and would like to save the time configuring it myself, and also I'm still beginner at this.

If you are welling to share, please tell me which WiFi/Bluetooth you are using and at which slot you installed it.

I saw rj510 EFI. Is this an OpenCore or Clover? And the patched SSDT? Should I also include them in the ACPI section under SSDT table?

Would really appreciate some guidance here. Yeah and which BIOS version you are currently using? Is it the same recommended 1902 that rj510 using?

Hi @mgregrs! Today I have updated again to the 2002 BIOS version. After pressing the "Memory OK" button a couple of times (it always happens when I modify the BIOS), I have configured the BIOS. My BIOS configuration is exactly what KGP offers in the Mojave thread. Well, just start from Cover. Catalina finder appears. I no longer have a mouse. In Catalina, Mojave and High Sierra, the same thing happens in all three systems. I made some catches of Catalina with BIOS 2002 and with Bios 1503. I also captured an IOReg in 1503 and another one in 2002. I attached the EFI. It is the same EFI for all systems. When reinstalling the BIOS 1503, everything works again. I have a friend who has the same equipment as he did but with a 7900x. Otherwise, it is accurate and the same thing happens. In any BIOS higher than 1503, the audio and USB (except 3.1) stop working. I am sure it must be something of the EFI. But, although I have been with Hackintosh for a while, I do not have the knowledge of many of you. If someone could review these files and tell me the way I should go, it would be of great value. It is true that bios 1503 is slower than 2002, but I have no choice but to work with 1503, which is where everything works for me. Regards.

Attachments

• Bios 1503 Files.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 51
  • Bios 2002 Files.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 58
  • EFI.zip
    27.9 MB · Views: 81
Hi @mgregrs! Today I have updated again to the 2002 BIOS version. After pressing the "Memory OK" button a couple of times (it always happens when I modify the BIOS), I have configured the BIOS. My BIOS configuration is exactly what KGP offers in the Mojave thread. Well, just start from Cover. Catalina finder appears. I no longer have a mouse. In Catalina, Mojave and High Sierra, the same thing happens in all three systems. I made some catches of Catalina with BIOS 2002 and with Bios 1503. I also captured an IOReg in 1503 and another one in 2002. I attached the EFI. It is the same EFI for all systems. When reinstalling the BIOS 1503, everything works again. I have a friend who has the same equipment as he did but with a 7900x. Otherwise, it is accurate and the same thing happens. In any BIOS higher than 1503, the audio and USB (except 3.1) stop working. I am sure it must be something of the EFI. But, although I have been with Hackintosh for a while, I do not have the knowledge of many of you. If someone could review these files and tell me the way I should go, it would be of great value. It is true that bios 1503 is slower than 2002, but I have no choice but to work with 1503, which is where everything works for me. Regards.
Hello @WoodCabin :)
First of all - Please go to BIOS -> Boot - and check if you have "Above 4G Decoding" -> On :!::D
I regret to don't mention about that for people who reflash BIOS on our ASUS Prime Deluxe (I)
and I have 2nd pack of new better RAM and always after BIOS flash I have to
turn On PC -> wait few seconds -> turn off and press, or directly press MemOK button,
then after few seconds everything boot correctly and works great :)

What I do now - every time I save my BIOS config on USB drive, so after reflash I don't waste time to reconfigure
everything again and again with the same details.. :)
If you want... tomorrow I can share more details about my BIOS configuration, so you will be able to compare everything,
*** if something still don't work (after you check if your Above 4G Decoding is ON ;))
*** Of course I will check your all shared files and try to find some different things/details ...

BTW: Every time I forger enable 4G Decoding in BIOS I lost my mouse or I have other/different problems,
so it can be main details which cause your problems with USB etc..
If 4G decoding doesn't make a good enough job - leave it "On",
let us know and then we will find the rest of things/details what you need to fix your problems ;)

PS: I just finished installation of Catalina with your EFI (1st time tested today) (easy-peasy) :headbang:
I mean, it boot easy, all ACPI present - OK - etc etc... :D
Tomorrow I will check more little details, but at this moment I'm surprised
how easy it was, and how great it works at this moment... :p

---------------------------------
Hi bro, would you share your final working efi with me please. I have the same mobo and would like to save the time configuring it myself and also im still beginner at this.

If you are welling to share, please tell me which wifi/blutooth you are using and at which slot you installed it.

I saw rj510 efi, is this an opencore or clover? and the patched ssdt, should i also include them in the ACPI section under ssdt table?

Would really appreciate some guidance here, yeah and which bios version you are currently using? is it the same recommended 1902 that rj510 using?
Hi @BavarianDNA
I just installed Catalina with new EFI which I try to configure it for my config, at this moment it's not finished...
if you need something immediately WoodCabin config is almost the same and very good on the same time
for our boards and very similar hardware as OSX Wifi 4360CD, Vega64 etc..

I can understand if you are beginner...,we all were there... :)
... so definitely you should read few forum guides and especially KGP guide few times :p and few pages from this thread to avoid some basic questions and believe me it will be useful in future.

- rj510 folder with ACPI patches and config.plist from (post 244 - OpenCore thread)
was for Clover (as he mentioned in his post, in 5th line, so definitely you should read more carefully:!: )

- You have to use only these ssdt files/patches which you need for your hardware,
basics .aml files for ours Asus MB and others like Vega64.aml for GPU, ARPT for WiFi/BT card etc etc
(as mentioned in KGP guide - it's detailed - even with photos etc etc... so it's easier to understand :) )

- About "guidance" - a lot of people will be able to help you, but you have to do a basic job,
it means read and learn basics, so if you don't spend some time on learning basics, people which
spent hours/days and months on research and tests will not spend their time for you...
That's why it's worth to read KGP and others guides etc, then if you have few questions - [first] use search tool,
and if you don't find something - write a question "in related to" ... thread :)

- About BIOS - I use 2002 BIOS with my custom image - which I shared in post #1300
Personally I recommend 2002, based on my tests and good better results than before .. in last few days, but as I said it's my personal opinion. PS: Remember to enable Above 4G decoding after BIOS flash :)

// edit...----------------
@WoodCabin after few minutes I have everything what I needed in ACPI,
Screenshot 2019-10-17 at 00.20.20.png
- audio -> tested (100% OK)
- GPU -> few more points in Geekbench, and same result in Luxmark,
- CPU -> Slightly 1-2% better score in Geekbench for multi and 4-5% for single core score ...
Now, it's time to sleep and I will make few more tests tomorrow... :)
PS: For my ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 card I used only my SSDT,
no more replacement in Clover, tomorrow I will update more info in "related to" thread ;)

Have a good day! :)

Last edited:
I'm almost up for my 2 years renewal.
Nothing much better than my current setup; however there's the i9-10980xe now, RRP < $980. I see a new BIOS for my X299 motherboard that supports this CPU.

So maybe a quick and easy upgrade this year. Anyone considering it?

@izo1 and all other Sage owners.
Recently, I "upgraded" from Designare EX X299 to Sage x299 10G. I use an i9 9980XE cooled with OC COOL Eisbaer 360. With Designare cpu temp in idle with no overclock was 28°/29° max Now with Sage (every CPU settings are in AUTO so no overclock!) idle temp is 48°/47° a little bit higher. I'm using bios 1201, I could try to reverse to 0905 but I don't think it's a problem due to BIOS version....maybe it could be a defective mainboard? Or maybe (I don't think so) I put too much or too less thermal paste?
Whats' your idle temp?
@izo1 please can you send me a link where you bought internal cable to connect USB 2 Bluetooth controller to USB 3 connector?

Last edited:
@izo1 and all other Sage owners.
Recently, I "upgraded" from Designare EX X299 to Sage x299 10G. I use an i9 9980XE cooled with OC COOL Eisbaer 360. With Designare cpu temp in idle with no overclock was 28°/29° max Now with Sage (every CPU settings are in AUTO so no overclock!) idle temp is 48°/47° a little bit higher. I'm using bios 1201, I could try to reverse to 0905 but I don't think it's a problem due to BIOS version....maybe it could be a defective mainboard? Or maybe (I don't think so) I put too much or too less thermal paste?
Whats' your idle temp?
@Izo1 please can you send me a link where you bought internal cable to connect USB 2 Bluetooth controller to USB 3 connector?

Might be a bad thermal application, try taking off the CPU cooler, wiping it with 99% rubbing alcohol, and re-apply the paste.

It should be a very small amount of paste.

Maybe the surface of the CPU cooler isn't flat enough?

I get ~ 30-35c on idle and I run my 360MM custom EK rad at very low fan speeds (push/pull config) for quiet operation with a custom fan curve. It only kicks in when it hits around 65c+, but I have an OC set to all 18 cores at 4.4Ghz. It peaks out at ~84c on full load with fans kicked in to about 75% and that is the TJunction limit for the 9980XE and I also set it to throttle at that temperature.

This is the cable I used for USB2 BT to USB3 onboard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back