Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
First - this evening you can try to do something with your kexts etc... if it will not work correctly, then you can buy
BCM94360CD - from my knowledge, yes it's most compatible card and fastest on the market (for OS-X... oob)

USB Extension card (or connection with 8-9 pin header to MB) is needed only if you want to use your wireless mouse and keyboard on BIOS, or anywhere "before system boot", because (as I said before)
even without USB Extension card and this little cable, in OS-X you will use your wireless BT hardware without problems ;)

Yes, even with BCM94360CD you can add SSDT for nice cosmetic look in PCI list, but it will work great even without it.
Voila ;)

Ok, but just one thing whith what you are saying: The keyboard and trackpad didn't worked for me on bios and either on macOS when i removed the conection from the wifi card to the motherboard on macOS. So i had to unplug the frontal usb ports and connect the wifi card to the motherboard again to be able to use the keyboard and trackpad. So yes, it needs the cord (at least for me).

Gonna plug the USB Extension card again for the front panel. Do we need to do the SSDT for this card or not finally?

And finally i'm gonna buy the BCM94360CD. I guess this one will be good enough:

Ok, but just one thing whith what you are saying: The keyboard and trackpad didn't worked for me on bios and either on macOS when i removed the conection from the wifi card to the motherboard on macOS. So i had to unplug the frontal usb ports and connect the wifi card to the motherboard again to be able to use the keyboard and trackpad. So yes, it needs the cord (at least for me).

Gonna plug the USB Extension card again for the front panel. Do we need to do the SSDT for this card or not finally?

the usb connector is required for Bluetooth, the ssdt and rename to ARPT is optional and cosmetic.
As always I recommend plugging in the wifi card to the internal usb 3 header on the motherboard and then your case front panel to your usb pci card. Once you’ve done that, you can change the usb connector in the x299usb kext for the internal 2 ports to ‘255’

the usb connector is required for Bluetooth, the ssdt and rename to ARPT is optional and cosmetic.
As always I recommend plugging in the wifi card to the internal usb 3 header on the motherboard and then your case front panel to your usb pci card. Once you’ve done that, you can change the usb connector in the x299usb kext for the internal 2 ports to ‘255’

I have it like this since now. Where should i change to 255? (Sorry, very newbie)

I have it like this since now. Where should i change to 255? (Sorry, very newbie)

you can refer to this guide
Or I’ll give you an updated kext when I get home later since we have the same mobo

As @djlild7hina mentioned this is for BT devices... it's weird if it didn't work after system boot, but maybe it can be problem of your card, in my case it was never problem after system boot... but some day I was so lazy to take 2nd Keyboard to change some bios settings and i connected that little cable... :p
Rest of things @djlild7hina explained in his comment :)

you can refer to this guide
Or I’ll give you an updated kext when I get home later since we have the same mobo

I'll take a look.

Thank you very much!

I'll take a look.

Thank you very much!

Yeah you’ll need to change HS01, HS02, SS01, SS02 to ‘255’ everything else stays ‘3’ (the back 4 USB ports) since all the ports on the sage 10G are USB 3

UPDATE: added USB kext here.

Attachments

• X299USB.kext.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Yeah you’ll need to change HS01, HS02, SS01, SS02 to ‘255’ everything else stays ‘3’ (the back 4 USB ports) since all the ports on the sage 10G are USB 3

UPDATE: added USB kext here.

I downloaded everything (Xcode, etc.) and there's a few things i don't understand:

I have 12 USB ports (without the ones in the internal HUB):

- Asus X299 WS Sage 10g: USB3.1 GEN2 > 1xType A (HSx [0]+SSPx [255]), 1xType C (HSx [8]+SSPx [8])
USB3.1 GEN1 > 4xType A (HSx [0]+SSPx [255])

- Front Panel: USB3.0 GEN? > 2xType A (HSx [0]+SSPx [255])
USB2.0 GEN? > 2xType A (HSx [0])

- Back PCIe card: USB3.0 GEN? > 2xType A (HSx [0]+SSPx [255])

A) How do i know which port (HSx,SSPx) corresponds to each USB connector in mainboard, front panel, PCIe card?

B) Values between [] are right for each port?

P.D: Now when i connect a USB3.0 PEN to a USB 3.0 front port the system hangs. :(

Last edited:
I downloaded everything (Xcode, etc.) and there's a few things i don't understand:

I have 12 USB ports (without the ones in the internal HUB):

- Asus X299 WS Sage 10g: USB3.1 GEN2 > 1xType A (HSx [0]+SSPx [255]), 1xType C (HSx [8]+SSPx [8])
USB3.1 GEN1 > 4xType A (HSx [0]+SSPx [255])

- Front Panel: USB3.0 GEN? > 2xType A (HSx [0]+SSPx [255])
USB2.0 GEN? > 2xType A (HSx [0])

- Back PCIe card: USB3.0 GEN? > 2xType A (HSx [0]+SSPx [255])

A) How do i know which port (HSx,SSPx) corresponds to each USB connector in mainboard, front panel, PCIe card?

B) Values between [] are right for each port?

P.D: Now when i connect a USB3.0 PEN to a USB 3.0 front port the system hangs. :(

where are you getting these values? The kext I gave you is already configured properly.
Your front usb 3.0 ports are connected to the pci card right?

where are you getting these values? The kext I gave you is already configured properly.
Your front usb 3.0 ports are connected to the pci card right?

I'm just trying to understand how it works. My front ports are connected now to the PCIe , yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back