Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is your EFI with all your SSDTs. I did quite some work on it. Lots of errors and missing infos. Don't forget to add SN UUID, MLB. Hope I did not miss anything. I did not check the accuracy of your Radeon VII SSDT or USB Kext. If you get a bug, let me know the message you get & I’ll look at it again. See if you like them apples :lol:.
Edit: before you ask, I set up the picker to show all your drives @ startup. If you only want your Mac OS to show, you need to switch back the Misc /Scan policy from your previous EFI ( 983299 )

Thank you. I'll try it out. FYI, somehow there are serial numbers in the EFI (not mine).

@Ellybz
Can I assume you mean (in reference to scan policy) the following to scan for all drives?

<key>ScanPolicy</key>
<real>0</real>

Because in viewing the config.plist from the EFI you posted that you corrected (Post #1011, today @12:16PM), I see a value of 983299 in the ScanPolicy.....
Correct & corrected. Late last night for me. thanks for pointing it out.
Edit: The value "983299" is cleaner but it won't show your USB Installer. Probably best to use value "0" only on your USB installer unless you want to add/see all your other options.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 11.50.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 11.50.51 AM.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Thank you. I'll try it out. FYI, somehow there are serial numbers in the EFI (not mine).
SN removed thanks. ( random generated for test purpose, not mine either :) ).

Here is your EFI with all your SSDTs. I did quite some work on it. Lots of errors and missing infos. Don't forget to add SN UUID, MLB. Hope I did not miss anything. I did not check the accuracy of your Radeon VII SSDT or USB Kext. If you get a bug, let me know the message you get & I’ll look at it again. See if you like them apples :lol:.
Edit: before you ask, I set up the picker to show all your drives @ startup. If you only want your Mac OS to show, you need to switch back the Misc /Scan policy from your previous EFI ( 983299 )

Ok, so it boots into Catalina, though not all is perfect. Here are the issues:

1. No Bluetooth at all. I have a Dell DW1830/BCM943602BAED card installed for both WiFi and BT. WiFi is working OOB. For BT in Mojave and Catalina with Clover I use BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext, and BrcmPatchRAM2 to get it working. Prior to Catalina I did not need BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, but I could only get BT to work in Catalina with Clover by adding that additional kext. I’ve tried and without that kext and still can’t get BT to work with OpenCore

2. The resolution of my monitors are 2560x1080 (ultra wide monitors). The Apple logo appears stretched even when I put 2560x1080@32 or 2560x1080 or leave blank for Misc/Boot/Resolution.

3. When OC starts (before the picker appears) I get the following:
OCS: No schema for All at 0 index! (11 times)
OCS: No schema for IgnoreForWindows at 1 index!
OCS: No schema for resetLogoStatus at 5 index!
OCS: Failed to parse string field of type 2 (twice)
OCS: No schema for ProvideConsoleControl at 3 index!

4. The OC log txt file left in the EFI shows:
00:000 00:000 OCB: Failed to match a default boot option.

Ok, so it boots into Catalina, though not all is perfect. Here are the issues:

1. No Bluetooth at all. I have a Dell DW1830/BCM943602BAED card installed for both WiFi and BT. WiFi is working OOB. For BT in Mojave and Catalina with Clover I use BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext, and BrcmPatchRAM2 to get it working. Prior to Catalina I did not need BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, but I could only get BT to work in Catalina with Clover by adding that additional kext. I’ve tried and without that kext and still can’t get BT to work with OpenCore

2. The resolution of my monitors are 2560x1080 (ultra wide monitors). The Apple logo appears stretched even when I put 2560x1080@32 or 2560x1080 or leave blank for Misc/Boot/Resolution.

3. When OC starts (before the picker appears) I get the following:
OCS: No schema for All at 0 index! (11 times)
OCS: No schema for IgnoreForWindows at 1 index!
OCS: No schema for resetLogoStatus at 5 index!
OCS: Failed to parse string field of type 2 (twice)
OCS: No schema for ProvideConsoleControl at 3 index!

4. The OC log txt file left in the EFI shows:
00:000 00:000 OCB: Failed to match a default boot option.
Let's switch this conversation to the X299 Open Core shall we?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/asus-x299-open-core-support.282158/

the 64 core score is going to be insane....

EDIT: new sage10/g bios is out

Updated...thanks!

Previous .CMO settings did not work, so had to redo the whole BIOS settings again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back