Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
@izo1, I'd love if you would post you EFI folder from OC. I'm working on finalizing my config to the specs of OC. I'm running into some issues on implementing the device properties through the config.plist instead of the SSDT method. I cant seem to find a good reference for this. Have you done it?

@izo1, I'd love if you would post you EFI folder from OC. I'm working on finalizing my config to the specs of OC. I'm running into some issues on implementing the device properties through the config.plist instead of the SSDT method. I cant seem to find a good reference for this. Have you done it?

You can use Hackintool to get device properties to copy over.

Hackintool is good as mentioned, you can export the devices and enter manually...or use IOReg, which is what Hackintool does.

Sometimes not all devices will show up properly regardless.

But otherwise DeviceProperties are all cosmetic and not necessary for full function.

Is anyone willing to start a X299 OC Github repo so we can post our confirmed OC EFIs with our names/systems on it?

Since no one wants to start a new thread, at least let's do that to be organized :lol:

Is anyone willing to start a X299 OC Github repo so we can post our confirmed OC EFIs with our names/systems on it?

Since no one wants to start a new thread, at least let's do that to be organized :lol:

I know tonyarnold has a github repo, and I also have one. I could start separating it by Motherboard-> User. I could also start a new thread but definitely wont be able to maintain it. lol

AMD NAVI GPUs are getting performance boost with custome cards.

Also rumors coming that first generation 5700 series cards will be discontinued
Mcity

Last edited:
Well I hope you don't regret it. And thank you for your help. Here they are with SN, SMUUID, etc removed. I'm sure you're going to look at it and find something stupid that I did wrong.
Here is your EFI with all your SSDTs. I did quite some work on it. Lots of errors and missing infos. Don't forget to add SN UUID, MLB. Hope I did not miss anything. I did not check the accuracy of your Radeon VII SSDT or USB Kext. If you get a bug, let me know the message you get & I’ll look at it again. See if you like them apples :lol:.
Edit: before you ask, I set up the picker to show all your drives @ startup. If you only want your Mac OS to show, you need to switch back the Misc /Scan policy from your previous EFI ( 983299 )

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:
I had a similar issue. I fixed it by rebooting using clover and find the OC text log. I found out that I had the info.plst on one of my kexts wrong

Edit: attached my config. Still need to figure out SSDT and getting windows in the picker. Also can't seem to get USB working when I try to select which disk to boot from? (Think it works via bt but not usb keyboard)
If you do not see all your drive options in the picker, it's because the scan policy you attribute in the Misc section is incorrect. Setting it to "0" should show all your options.

Last edited:
@Ellybz
Can I assume you mean (in reference to scan policy) the following to scan for all drives?

<key>ScanPolicy</key>
<real>0</real>

Because in viewing the config.plist from the EFI you posted that you corrected (Post #1011, today @12:16PM), I see a value of 983299 in the ScanPolicy.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back