Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp took a shot at open core and couldn’t get it to boot. Just get “halting on critical error”. I need to look into the documentation whenever I have time

Was thinking of getting this and connecting front USB3.0 ports to this and the onboard 3.0 > USB2.0 > BT

Routing to the back port will be the last resort at this point. I am noticing weird slow downs with this PCIe card installed, I think i have to dump it.

Of course we lose front USB-C port

View attachment 421279

This didn't work at all.

Neither does it work for front 2 USB3.0 ports (19pin).

How could a bootloader possibly increase CPU speed?

There's just no way. It boots, or it doesn't. Once booted it no longer matters. This isn't BIOS where the OS had to set interrupts to redirect some calls.

Other's somewhere else have also reported minor speed increase. I'm not the only one or else I wouldn't post about it.

good day guys.

have a look at OpenCore and Seems PlatformInfo -> SMBIOS need to fill so many information.

those info from Clover is not enough. Anyone know how to find the correct SMBIOS for iMacPro1,1 ?

thanks so much.

Welp took a shot at open core and couldn’t get it to boot. Just get “halting on critical error”. I need to look into the documentation whenever I have time
For those interested, here's a good link and app to get you started )
EDIT: As it seems, the app is still in beta stages. The content is getting updated by the developer. Check it out later.

Attachments

• OC_EFI_Maker.zip
    870.7 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
good day guys.

have a look at OpenCore and Seems PlatformInfo -> SMBIOS need to fill so many information.

those info from Clover is not enough. Anyone know how to find the correct SMBIOS for iMacPro1,1 ?

thanks so much.
What do you need exactly? My previous post #921 has the SMBIOS for iMacPro1,1. Only UUID, Serial & MLB have been removed. I also posted earlier a link and app to get you started but it's pending for approval. Rules, rules rules ;)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-11 at 11.32.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-11 at 11.32.16 PM.png
    95.8 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
So no one wants to take a chance and open a OC thread? :thumbup:

acidanthera dropped a ton of releases today, including the official way of removing AptioMemoryFix.efi and now FwRuntimeServices.efi with Booter quirks.

Even though its at 0.0.4 there is a lot that the devs have added. I really think it deserves it's own thread. It's a very steep learning curve to get it to do what you want, but rewarding.

So we should stick with AptioMemoryFix even with the new Clover? The newest Aptio driver packed in Clover doesn’t work for me.

What do you need exactly? My previous post #921 has the SMBIOS for iMacPro1,1. Only UUID, Serial & MLB have been removed. I also posted earlier a link and app to get you started but it's pending for approval. Rules, rules rules ;)

thanks so much.
actually i tried to search and found some SMBIOS settings but not sure which one is correct.

will try your setup and thanks again.

A review of the Sapphire Pulse Radeon 5700 XT:
Is this video card supported on macOS Mojave or Catalina yet?
Thermals are greatly improved, compared with the original single blower fan model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back