Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe changing some parameter under /ACPI/DSDT in Clover Configurator? Just my two cents...

Last edited:
I got a Corsair H150, a 360 AiO push/pull now, day you think I'll be able to clock some cores at 5GHz and the others let's say 4.5GHz to boost a bit Single Core performances? I can trade some multi performance in favor of a faster single.

Where in BIOS I check for throttling enable? I'd like to have it active too.

Yes that's a good AIO, however it's not going to be as good as a semi-open or open loop because the pumps on those are not powerful enough, but it should be sufficient for what you want to do.

5GHz is way too much, even on some cores. Skylake-X increases in temp exponentially. I recommend you start from 4.1GHz on all cores (SYNC ALL CORES) and try to reach 4.5/4.6 if you can. You will need to mess with the AVX settings too a bit as well as CPU input voltage (set it to 1.21v).

The BIOS thermal throttle setting is under:

Advanced > CPU Configuration > Maximum CPU Core Temperature

The 9980XE has a TJunction of 84c (its lower than 7980XE due to soldering) so I keep mine at 82c. You don't have to do this really since it's an unlocked CPU, but I'd rather have it throttle if it ever hits that temp like a real Mac so the CPU life isn't shortened. (This is one of the reasons I lowered my OC speeds so I can stay below 79c on full load so I don't have to worry about it having issues in the future) but it's your call.

Can you paste a report from your processor i9-9980XE?

Can you paste a report from your processor i9 9820X?

So you went from 10c/20t to 10c/20t?

Then your TCAdjustReset should be the same.

I see all cores in the 9980XE, no issues.

You need a CPU-Z report?

Code:
Socket 0   
    -- Core 0 (ID 0)   
        -- Thread 0    0
        -- Thread 1    1
    -- Core 1 (ID 1)   
        -- Thread 2    2
        -- Thread 3    3
    -- Core 2 (ID 2)   
        -- Thread 4    4
        -- Thread 5    5
    -- Core 3 (ID 3)   
        -- Thread 6    6
        -- Thread 7    7
    -- Core 4 (ID 4)   
        -- Thread 8    8
        -- Thread 9    9
    -- Core 5 (ID 8)   
        -- Thread 10    16
        -- Thread 11    17
    -- Core 6 (ID 9)   
        -- Thread 12    18
        -- Thread 13    19
    -- Core 7 (ID 10)   
        -- Thread 14    20
        -- Thread 15    21
    -- Core 8 (ID 11)   
        -- Thread 16    22
        -- Thread 17    23
    -- Core 9 (ID 16)   
        -- Thread 18    32
        -- Thread 19    33
    -- Core 10 (ID 17)   
        -- Thread 20    34
        -- Thread 21    35
    -- Core 11 (ID 18)   
        -- Thread 22    36
        -- Thread 23    37
    -- Core 12 (ID 19)   
        -- Thread 24    38
        -- Thread 25    39
    -- Core 13 (ID 20)   
        -- Thread 26    40
        -- Thread 27    41
    -- Core 14 (ID 24)   
        -- Thread 28    48
        -- Thread 29    49
    -- Core 15 (ID 25)   
        -- Thread 30    50
        -- Thread 31    51
    -- Core 16 (ID 26)   
        -- Thread 32    52
        -- Thread 33    53
    -- Core 17 (ID 27)   
        -- Thread 34    54
        -- Thread 35    55

ASUS PRIME X299 mono block on sale:

I know this doesn't technically work on Prime Deluxe II, but seems like someone tried it and it worked.

Anyone know if it's worth it?

I've seen this problem outlined once or twice in the past, but I'm hoping that someone else has hit it and found a solution:

I have the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe (original, not II), with a Sapphire NITRO+ RX Vega 64 8Gb, and a Gigabyte Titan Ridge Thunderbolt 3 PCIe card installed.

I run my display (an LG UltraFine 5K) via the Titan Ridge card, which is in turn connected to the Vega 64 by two DisplayPort cables.

If I disable CSM in the BIOS (v1902), my machine will cold boot OK, but any kind of restart or shutdown where I don't completely power off the system will hang during POST saying "Detect HDD".

Enabling CSM fixes the problem, however it leaves me with really low boot resolutions.

Has anyone hit this before? Any ideas of things to try to resolve this remaining niggle with my system? I believe KGP mentioned once that it was an ASUS BIOS issue, but I can't get anything meaningful out of ASUS support - they just want me to RMA the motherboard without actually trying to fix the issue.

I've seen this problem outlined once or twice in the past, but I'm hoping that someone else has hit it and found a solution:

I have the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe (original, not II), with a Sapphire NITRO+ RX Vega 64 8Gb, and a Gigabyte Titan Ridge Thunderbolt 3 PCIe card installed.

I run my display (an LG UltraFine 5K) via the Titan Ridge card, which is in turn connected to the Vega 64 by two DisplayPort cables.

If I disable CSM in the BIOS (v1902), my machine will cold boot OK, but any kind of restart or shutdown where I don't completely power off the system will hang during POST saying "Detect HDD".

Enabling CSM fixes the problem, however it leaves me with really low boot resolutions.

Has anyone hit this before? Any ideas of things to try to resolve this remaining niggle with my system? I believe KGP mentioned once that it was an ASUS BIOS issue, but I can't get anything meaningful out of ASUS support - they just want me to RMA the motherboard without actually trying to fix the issue.

This is one of the reasons I avoided the UltraFine 5k, I was close to getting 2 of them...read that it's unstable with TB3 cards on Hackintoshes.

Sorry couldn't help more...don't have that much experience with TB3.

They're not terrible - they do work - but they're not niggle free. I often have to unplug and replug them in after waking from sleep.

There's still no decent, true 5K displays on the market. Lots of weird half-res things like the LG 5K2K. Apparently there are new 5K displays coming later this year - I'll wait for those for now.

Just chiming here...

Latest Mojave is rock solid for me, FYI...and I think the scratchy DP Audio is finally fixed!

@mm2margaret please confirm when you have time for build 18G78a

So, my odyssey seems to be over for the good!

As I said, I found a sealed 9980XE for 1500€ and these are the results:

2 cores @ 5GHz / 4 cores @ @4.7GHZ / 18 cores @ 4,4GHZ / AVX Offsets 5-6 / AutoVoltage / 360 AiO Push/Pull

I don't think there's any power to squeeze more, do you guys??

Schermata 2019-07-17 alle 21.20.57.png
Schermata 2019-07-17 alle 21.24.47.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back