Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone going to take up making a build guide for Catalina once it’s publicly available?

Well, first of all, we're not supposed to discuss Catalina on this forum as it is a pre-release. Check the rules......Once it goes into Public Beta, then you can discuss, do a build guide, etc. Or you can do that over at the Insanely site, because their rules are different. But not here until it goes to Public Beta. And that's a long ways off.

Well, first of all, we're not supposed to discuss Catalina on this forum as it is a pre-release. Check the rules......Once it goes into Public Beta, then you can discuss, do a build guide, etc. Or you can do that over at the Insanely site, because their rules are different. But not here until it goes to Public Beta. And that's a long ways off.

I’m aware so I didn’t mention anything about the install process, features, etc. Was just curious if someone was up to the task. Anyway sorry for bringing it up so early.

Want to do the honor? :headbang:
Hah...

Last edited:
Anyone else having their sleep broken with combination of Clover r4961 + VirtualSMC 1.0.5
Or with OpenCore release 0.0.3 + VirtualSMC 1.0.5?

With either of these combinations, the machine no longer enters S3 sleep. In syslog I can see following:
Code:
2019-06-10 15:52:39.646488+0300Â  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) System sleep prevented by THSS
2019-06-10 15:52:39.646492+0300Â  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) System sleep prevented by THSS

A previous release of Clover (r4945) was fine with VSMC 1.0.5 and also OpenCore 0.0.2 +VSMC 1.0.4 were fine.

I tried removing THSS device from the SSDT, but then sleep was prevented by PMCR. Then I removed PMCR too, and that let the machine go to sleep again, but on wake there is a KP and it seems that GPU is no longer powered up and I had to recycle power to get the machine to even post again. So yeah, not a clever move. But since I have no clue I allow myself to try anything basically :crazy:

Any ideas how to proceed?

Ps. Clover r4961 + FakeSMC 3.5.2 is fine, sleep works again. Would like to get OC + VSMC 100% working though.

Last edited:
Hi Guys, Noob question. I have a 10.13.3 system with Nvidia 1080 TI, trying to upgrade to Mojave, with ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe. Need to choose an AMD card. Question: Is there any difference in terms of compatibility for Mojave if I get a SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64(KGP's card), versus getting a Generic RX Vega 56 card? If I were to get a Vegas 56, would I get full compatibility. (Editing videos in FCP X and Davinci Resolve) Since KGP says that I would have to "adapt the respective device path entries" if card is different from his specs....and I don't think I am technically up for it.

From KGP's Mojave guide:
A.) Radeon RX Vega 64 GPUs

SSDT-X299-Vega.aml
GFX0 and HDAU PCI device implementation is valid for SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 (GFX0), the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe and any Radeon RX Vega 64 GPU implemented in PCIe Slot 1.

It is a build and PCIe slot population dependent device implementation. Vega GPU users with more than one graphics card, with with a Vega graphics card in a PCIe slot different from PCIe Slot 1 or with a mainboard different from the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe, will have to adopt the respective device path entries PC02.BR2A, ACPI DSDT replacements and PCIe Slot definition following their respective IOREG entries. Note in this context the actual SL05 -> PEGP ACPI DSDT replacements directly performed within the SSDT.

Hi Guys, Noob question. I have a 10.13.3 system with Nvidia 1080 TI, trying to upgrade to Mojave, with ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe. Need to choose an AMD card. Question: Is there any difference in terms of compatibility for Mojave if I get a SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64(KGP's card), versus getting a Generic RX Vega 56 card? If I were to get a Vegas 56, would I get full compatibility. (Editing videos in FCP X and Davinci Resolve) Since KGP says that I would have to "adapt the respective device path entries" if card is different from his specs....and I don't think I am technically up for it.

From KGP's Mojave guide:

No they're all the same.

Only difference is XFX VBIOS from past history has a different VBIOS compared to others but I don't think the Vega line has any issues, just the RX series.

I would suggest getting a Nitro card since they have good coolers compared to the other blower style ones which run loud and hot.

kgp's github repository has AML files for both Vega 56 and Vega 64, although I don't think you'll need them for 10.14.5. You might need them for 10.14.4, and not sure about 10.13.x....

I assume the reason you're on 10.13.3 is because of the 1080 TI. So, if you upgrade to 10.14.5 with a Vega 56 or 64, you should be fine....most folks here avoid XFX. Any other brand should be fine....

No they're all the same.

Only difference is XFX VBIOS from past history has a different VBIOS compared to others but I don't think the Vega line has any issues, just the RX series.

I would suggest getting a Nitro card since they have good coolers compared to the other blower style ones which run loud and hot.

Agreed: In terms of a Vega 64, a Sapphire Nitro+ is the best! Fast and quiet!

Thanks izo1, @mm2margaret , I am planning to get a Sapphire Radeon Pulse Vega 56 for 10.14.5 upgrade

Last edited:
@mm2margaret @izo1 Questions: What does the AML file do for the Vega Cards? Why I don't need them for 10.14.5?
Sorry for the Noob questions... ;)

No they're all the same.

kgp's github repository has AML files for both Vega 56 and Vega 64, although I don't think you'll need them for 10.14.5. You might need them for 10.14.4, and not sure about 10.13.x....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back