Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
KGP says to use Bios 1503 for installation of High Sierra on Asus X299. I have upgraded to Bios 1704 prior to wanting to Hackintosh.

Am I doomed? Can I get a reliable Hackintosh on 1704?

Any advice? Please, thank you!

Try it, if it doesn't work you can always roll back your BIOS version.

Thanks for the reply nachosband but Asus says if you upgrade your bios you can never go back. Are you running High Sierra or Mojave. I have really had a hard time trying to meet the specs that KGP has written. I am currently trying to compile the 17G65 build of HS 10.13.6 using his instructions.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply nachosband but Asus says if you upgrade your bios you can never go back. Are you running High Sierra or Mojave. I have really had a hard time trying to meet the specs that KGP has written. I am currently trying to compile the 17G65 build of HS 10.13.6 using his instructions.

Thanks

Use the bios flashback method as outlined in his guide.

Thanks

That is false. You can roll back the BIOS any time you want.

If your mobo has a flashback method available use that. It overwrites the BIOS chip completely and writes the new one.

You also should flush the CMOS by taking out the CMOS battery, unplugging the power, and holding down the power button for 15 seconds. Some mobos have a clear CMOS button but I usually do the old school method. Learned a hard lesson from gigabyte mobos.

Thanks izo 1, my problem now is that Asus does not have Bios v1503 on the support website. Do you know of another way to get it?

Sorry!!!! I failed to see it on KGP instructions.

Thanks izo 1, my problem now is that Asus does not have Bios v1503 on the support website. Do you know of another way to get it?

It is there, make sure to click "all downloads" under Bios & Firmware

It's all good, I use the .cap file KGP provided and did the USB flashback. I've changed Bios settings as instructed and I have created the High Sierra Install package per KGP's instructions.

The installer is Build 17G61 instead of 17G65. Will that matter?

Thanks for the help!

Install High Sierra in progress! With Bios v1503, OS Build 17G61.

Thanks to nachosband, izo1, and djlild7hina

Help! Please: my USB install goes thru the first 9 min preinstall, reboots, blackscreen with Apple logo and status bar. Nothing seems to be happening, status bar stays dark.

Any advice? Thank you, I know that everyone on this forum is volunteer and I don't take anyone for granted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back