Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
The IOREG seems to be corrupted. You need to extract .ioreg with IOREG v2.1. Al other versions are not correctly supported.

EDIT

Last edited:
The IOREG seems to be corrupted. You need to extract .ioreg with IOREG v2.1. Al other versions are not correctly supported.
I must have 4 versions of Ioreg from years past and now. Here is one from 2.1

Thanks
Kevin

Attachments

• KC-ioreg.zip
    920.6 KB · Views: 43
Here are my observations so far with the ASUS Deluxe II board running 10.14.5:

1) Thunderbolt appears to be broken --- on a cold start of the PC, no Thunderbolt devices are found. Meaning: LG 5K display camera/mic, and my Apollo Twin. However, on a warm start everything is found and works perfect.
2) No LAN at all; not even my ASUS 10G card.

I know that these are not hardware issues, as the hardware works perfect with Windows 10.

Anyone have any ideas as to what the trouble might be?

Any Logic X users with an RX580 causing the system to stutter and then halt?

Here are my observations so far with the ASUS Deluxe II board running 10.14.5:

1) Thunderbolt appears to be broken --- on a cold start of the PC, no Thunderbolt devices are found. Meaning: LG 5K display camera/mic, and my Apollo Twin. However, on a warm start everything is found and works perfect.
2) No LAN at all; not even my ASUS 10G card.

I know that these are not hardware issues, as the hardware works perfect with Windows 10.

Anyone have any ideas as to what the trouble might be?

Few things to check...
1. Did you install Thunderbolt drivers in Windows?
2. Have proper Thunderbolt BIOS settings as outlined in kgp's guide
3. Adapt the TB-SSDT to your motherboard
4. Is Thunderbolt showing as two devices under System Report -> PCI? (Won't show up under Thunderbolt section)

Onboard should work (5G won't) and is it a newer Asus 10g card? Older ones required a workaround that involved installing 10.13.3 and flashing it.

Also can you upload a copy of your IOREG, EFI and BIOS settings so someone can take a look at it.

Few things to check...
1. Did you install thunderbolt drivers in Windows?
2. Have proper thunderbolt bios settings as outlined in kgp's guide
3. Adapt the TB-SSDT to your motherboard
4. Is thunderbolt showing as two devices under System Report -> PCI? (Won't show up under Thunderbolt section)

Onboard should work (5G won't) and is it a newer Asus 10g card? Older ones required a workaround that involved installing 10.13.3 and flashing it.

Also can you upload a copy of your IOREG, EFI and BIOS settings so someone can take a look at it.

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) No -- never needed an SSDT for TB recognition with High Sierra & the original x299 Deluxe.
4) Yes (interestingly, even shows that the drivers loaded).
5) I fixed the 10G card issue, by installing the drivers from Multibeast.

Right now my only workaround is to boot to either Windows or Mojave desktop, and do a 'Restart'. I only need to do this for Mojave use --- TB3 devices work perfect in Windows even after a cold boot.

Last edited:
Quick question.

I'm about to upgrade to 128GB DDR4 GSkill (RGB) and wondering if I shouldpay for 3600 or 3200 speeds? The later is CL17 and prior is CL19.

Currently am at 64GB 2600 (stock XMP is 2400) so I definitely need to gain some better latency.

Quick question.

I'm about to upgrade to 128GB DDR4 GSkill (RGB) and wondering if I shouldpay for 3600 or 3200 speeds? The later is CL17 and prior is CL19.

Currently am at 64GB 2600 (stock XMP is 2400) so I definitely need to gain some better latency.
CL is related to latency, te lower the better :)

CL is related to latency, te lower the better :)

Yeah, but very difficult to get low latency RAM at 3600.

A lot of applications tend to favor higher MHz.

I use this calculator and it seems that for my purposes the 3600 would be a better option.

If anyone has any more insight would appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back