Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys! Where did kgp go? Missing those nice EFI Folder Updates with 10.14.5.. Speaking of wich anyone experiencing sporadic system lockups? the system starts to stutter and slow down and the halt.. The mouse still moves and the caps lock light still lights up... i cant figure out whats going wrong.. Initially i had some major fan spinning just before going to osx and then would stop.. after i updated Clover Lilu and Whatever green that seems to have gone away.. but the freezing appears now and then.. could it be a Graphics acceleration issue?

Hey Guys! Where did kgp go? Missing those nice EFI Folder Updates with 10.14.5.. Speaking of wich anyone experiencing sporadic system lockups? the system starts to stutter and slow down and the halt.. The mouse still moves and the caps lock light still lights up... i cant figure out whats going wrong.. Initially i had some major fan spinning just before going to osx and then would stop.. after i updated Clover Lilu and Whatever green that seems to have gone away.. but the freezing appears now and then.. could it be a Graphics acceleration issue?

Get a Vega and the problems should go away.

Appreciate the help, but not sure we'll learn much from my EFI. I gotta clean it up a little bit anyway. :thumbup:

Could be a mixture of DSDT patches in the config and SSDTs that may be causing the issue :lol:

Get a Vega and the problems should go away.
@perfecto245
I wish it was that easy :) I do not have a single issue running a sapphire RX580 with 10.14.5. Even the dummy kext I used in past for encoding H264 became obsolete. Everything is smooth as butter running x3 : 2560 x 1080 @ 60 Hz

Could be a mixture of DSDT patches in the config and SSDTs that may be causing the issue :lol:

Nah I’ve been hackintoshing long enough to not make mistakes like that :D

Minor mod update to the system.

Using a EKWB-MLC (Phoenix, pump/res built into the radiator) with new custom 10/13mm tubing (getting rid of the stock long QDC tubes) for a more custom solution.

-Top 360mm push/pull low RPM for i9-9980XE (EK-Velocity D-RGB)
-Front 280mm push/pull low RPM for Radeon VII (EK-Vector Radeon VII RGB Nickel + Acetal)

Overall very happy, especially with the performance and that I don't have to deal with a big pump/res (maybe next system I'll do a full custom loop).

Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 6.24.02 AM.png

One downside is I ripped the Radeon VII GPU block RGB cable, have to get that replaced soon. :(

Minor mod update to the system.

Using a EKWB-MLC (Phoenix, pump/res built into the radiator) with new custom 10/13mm tubing (getting rid of the stock long QDC tubes) for a more custom solution.

-Top 360mm push/pull low RPM for i9-9980XE (EK-Velocity D-RGB)
-Front 280mm push/pull low RPM for Radeon VII (EK-Vector Radeon VII RGB Nickel + Acetal)

Overall very happy, especially with the performance and that I don't have to deal with a big pump/res (maybe next system I'll do a full custom loop).

View attachment 409411

One downside is I ripped the Radeon VII GPU block RGB cable, have to get that replaced soon. :(
I wonder why EK stopped making the 360. I'd really like to get this rad/pump combo unit vs a 280.

@perfecto245
I wish it was that easy :) I do not have a single issue running a sapphire RX580 with 10.14.5. Even the dummy kext I used in past for encoding H264 became obsolete. Everything is smooth as butter running x3 : 2560 x 1080 @ 60 Hz

Thanks have not had an issue till 10.14.5.. it seems to happen using a video.. how can i check if h264 acceleration is working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back