Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's never showed up for me even on multiple fresh macOS installs. I've tried different SSDTs too.

It does let me eject by dragging into the trash, right clicking and (ejecting) and so on, just that icon doesn't show up on USB externals. Network mounts have the eject button though.

Sorry, I'm a little confused. So in finder you don't see the eject icon? Are they showing as internal on the desktop? I'm just using a custom usb kext for my board (no usb patches) and usb is working correctly.
Screenshot is of a USB HDD and USB flash drive

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 8.13.13 PM.png

Sorry, I'm a little confused. So in finder you don't see the eject icon? Are they showing as internal on the desktop? I'm just using a custom usb kext for my board (no usb patches) and usb is working correctly.
Screenshot is of a USB HDD and USB flash drive

View attachment 409233

It's never worked for me, never had eject buttons on external drives (however I can right click eject or drag to trash to eject). The custom USB Kext is using proper settings (not 255, for internal)...

Network does have an eject button though.

This is how it looks for me. Seems like it's seeing it as an internal HDD.

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 6.50.59 PM.png

Hey everyone! I have been out for a few weeks. I recently switched to OpenCorePkg and I've been having a great experience so far with it.

In other news, very excited to see what's gonna be announced next week :p

I tried it but didn't notice much of a difference between OpenCore and Clover. Boot time is the same for me too.

But looks like a bright future for OpenCore...

It's never worked for me, never had eject buttons on external drives (however I can right click eject or drag to trash to eject). The custom USB Kext is using proper settings (not 255, for internal)...

Network does have an eject button though.

This is how it looks for me. Seems like it's seeing it as an internal HDD.

View attachment 409237

I would assume the HS/SS ports would have to be defined as '3' in the USB kext and the SSDT's below help with power to USB drives.

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-USBX.aml
    185 bytes · Views: 65
  • SSDT-X299-XHCI.aml
    506 bytes · Views: 78
I would assume the HS/SS ports would have to be defined as '3' in the USB kext and the SSDT's below help with power to USB drives.

Yeah , I'm going to rebuild my USB kext soon and see if this was the issue. I remember I set them properly at 0 and 3 and 255, respectively.

The similar issue I have is internal SATA SSDs show up as ejectable drives too. Weird.

Thanks for the heads up.

emmm. i use dp->hdmi cable to connect my wireless headphone and play some movies with DTS-HD MA 7.1 audio.

audio is fine and no problem at all.

Just curious which dp to hdmi adapter/cable are you using? I have a dp to hdmi 2.0 active adapter and the display ends up being all garbled up.

Hey everyone! I have been out for a few weeks. I recently switched to OpenCorePkg and I've been having a great experience so far with it.

In other news, very excited to see what's gonna be announced next week :p

Mind sharing your efi folder for opencore since we have the same mobo?

R-edid portions of the USB Kext and the eject button came back.

Thanks for the heads up, seems like I was using an older kext from way back.

The only downside is I still have the SSDs being ejectable by right clicking :(

Used to use an SSDT to disable this but it doesn't work anymore.

R-edid portions of the USB Kext and the eject button came back.

Thanks for the heads up, seems like I was using an older kext from way back.

The only downside is I still have the SSDs being ejectable by right clicking :(

Used to use an SSDT to disable this but it doesn't work anymore.

Hmm that’s weird I’ve never seen this. Is sata hotplug enabled in your bios?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back