Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Q for those that have a pcie Wifi/Bt card installed: Does wake from bluetooth keyboard or magic trackpad work for you?

Looks like the bt module is completely powered off during sleep, which would explain the issue.

Yes wakes up for me

I used the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant. Just make sure there are no usb drives connected there’s a bug in 1903 that will throw an error.

Also FYI I lost Bluetooth support and can’t seem to find a working driver.

I used this with 1903, it's from a Fenvi (Chinese manufacturer who uses same Broadcom chip as apple) combo card and works for me for BT 4.2 and WiFi ac - Attached:

Attachments

• FV9801-WIN10-64.rar
    18.9 MB · Views: 52
So, here's an interesting experiment:

First, I tried Device IDs of 0, 1, 2, 5, 7, 11, 13, 99. Yes I did try 0. Nothing changed in terms of the audio - still scratchy.

Then I removed AppleALC and left Wintergreen (can't boot without it - get black screen) and Lilu.

I thought this would mean no audio. But it didn't - I have my LG Ultra audio output, and while it's far from perfect, its major league better than with AppleALC. 90% of the scratchy audio is gone, (but, its not gone completely). I do get audio halts (brief), but it's so much better, I am going to leave it this way, at least for a while.

I'm wondering what this means? I have to assume that the audio is coming from this: SSDT-X299-HDEF.aml, but it's interesting that the only output I have now is the LG Ultra HD monitor. I would have thought I would have no audio, but that's not the case. (note: the USB audio codec output listed below comes from an external device, not an internal device).

This makes me think that AppleHDA is the real problem. Hmm.....

Screen Shot 2019-05-25 at 8.42.32 AM.png

So, here's an interesting experiment:

First, I tried Device IDs of 0, 1, 2, 5, 7, 11, 13, 99. Yes I did try 0. Nothing changed in terms of the audio - still scratchy.

Then I removed AppleALC and left Wintergreen (can't boot without it - get black screen) and Lilu.

I thought this would mean no audio. But it didn't - I have my LG Ultra audio output, and while it's far from perfect, its major league better than with AppleALC. 90% of the scratchy audio is gone, (but, its not gone completely). I do get audio halts (brief), but it's so much better, I am going to leave it this way, at least for a while.

I'm wondering what this means? I have to assume that the audio is coming from this: SSDT-X299-HDEF.aml, but it's interesting that the only output I have now is the LG Ultra HD monitor. I would have thought I would have no audio, but that's not the case. (note: the USB audio codec output listed below comes from an external device, not an internal device).

This makes me think that AppleHDA is the real problem. Hmm.....

View attachment 408260

Have you tried to remove the ssdt and check audio? I think ssdt-hdef is only applicable to onboard audio. Also if you use ssdt-hdef you’ll need to change the device id there too since I think it overrides clover.

Have you tried to remove the ssdt and check audio? I think ssdt-hdef is only applicable to onboard audio. Also if you use ssdt-hdef you’ll need to change the device id there too since I think it overrides clover.

Currently, I do not have the ssdt-x299-hdef.aml, AppleALC or AppleHDA installed - they all have been removed. Audio is not perfect, but it's almost tolerable....and that's where I'm leaving it for now.

Last edited:
Yes wakes up for me

Hmm... wonder what I am doing wrong with my setup. My Wifi/BT is a Broadcom BCM943602CS. There is a blue LED that lights up when powered. As far as I understand The BT module is powered from internal USB header and when the machine goes to sleep that blue led turns off too so I think the card or at least the BT module is completely powered off at this point.

Any idea what I could do to have BT module powered while machine is sleeping?

I used this with 1903, it's from a Fenvi (Chinese manufacturer who uses same Broadcom chip as apple) combo card and works for me for BT 4.2 and WiFi ac - Attached:

Thanks, still doesn't work for me.

winbt.JPG

Hmm... wonder what I am doing wrong with my setup. My Wifi/BT is a Broadcom BCM943602CS. There is a blue LED that lights up when powered. As far as I understand The BT module is powered from internal USB header and when the machine goes to sleep that blue led turns off too so I think the card or at least the BT module is completely powered off at this point.

Any idea what I could do to have BT module powered while machine is sleeping?

if your USB kext is configured to make your internal usb 2.0 header to "255" position than it says to macOS to totally shut down that USB port (so the BT attached). You can change that number to "0" but it could prevent your sleep wake functionalities.

Thanks, still doesn't work for me.

View attachment 408271

Try to download Boot Camp support software (which contains drivers) than tell win 10 to use the driver in that package in device manager

AHAHAH 2 ANSWERS IN 1 POST!!! I was a total Hackintosh noob 10 months ago, now I'm goin pretty great!!!

if your USB kext is configured to make your internal usb 2.0 header to "255" position than it says to macOS to totally shut down that USB port (so the BT attached). You can change that number to "0" but it could prevent your sleep wake functionalities.

Try to download Boot Camp support software (which contains drivers) than tell win 10 to use the driver in that package in device manager

Tried. No workie. Spent like 3 hours and can’t find anything.

For a second I tried a random windows built in Broadcom driver and it worked but then I uninstalled to test another. Now I want to desperately go back to that driver but Windows is missing the built in ones for some reason.

Tried. No workie. Spent like 3 hours and can’t find anything.

For a second I tried a random windows built in Broadcom driver and it worked but then I uninstalled to test another. Now I want to desperately go back to that driver but Windows is missing the built in ones for some reason.

try attached (that's the last option, if this won't work I don't know hot to help you)

Attachments

• bluetooth.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 51
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back