Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is interested in having a look at what my OpenCore configuration looks like, I've uploaded it to https://github.com/asus-x299-hackintosh/opencore

It might be interesting to install this on an external USB disk and have a play, but it's pretty heavily customised to my setup right now, so it's probably more interesting as a sample.

I intend to write some documentation around how to get started, but I haven't got a lot of time this weekend.
I've been working on the conversion from clover to OpenCore. Were you able to install it on a NVMe drive? When I reach the bootloader, i see the EFIs & SSDs but not the NVMe. Weird... Also, my custom USB Kext does not want to load. I keep getting a critical error. any suggestion?
Thanks for you help ;)

Last edited:
If your audio thru HDMI/Dp ports contains pops or clicks, it's most likely due the audio buffer size being too low. I dont believe you can control the ASIO buffer size of your HDMI/DP audio port but have you tried feeding the HDMI/DP audio port thru a 3rd party app like Sound control? It allows to re route the audio & the volume feedback thru the control panel of the mac os. Just an idea ;) - the app cost $10 but they offer a trial period.

It's not a pop or click, it's more of a delay and scratchy noise. It's reported with almost everyone who has an AMD card with 10.14.5.

My current workaround is using my displays BT input, but that things buggy and too much of a delay, but it's ok for now.

It's not a pop or click, it's more of a delay and scratchy noise. It's reported with almost everyone who has an AMD card with 10.14.5.

My current workaround is using my displays BT input, but that things buggy and too much of a delay, but it's ok for now.
You meant Radeon VII right? I do not have this issue with the RX580 & 10.14.5

Last edited:

Radeon VII for sure.

I’ve read reports of people on various forums having this issue with Vega 64/FE and some RX series cards.

If your audio thru HDMI/Dp ports contains pops or clicks, it's most likely due the audio buffer size being too low. I dont believe you can control the ASIO buffer size of your HDMI/DP audio port but have you tried feeding the HDMI/DP audio port thru a 3rd party app like Sound control? It allows to re route the audio & the volume feedback thru the control panel of the mac os. Just an idea ;) - the app cost $10 but they offer a trial period.

No, it's not pops or clicks, its mostly scratchy sound that is continuous, and yes I did feed it through sound control and that didn't change it. Sound through the analog port is fine, just not through the DP-Monitor connection.

No issues with this problem with my Vega 64s......only with the Radeon VII.

Has anyone else lost Bluetooth in Windows 10 build 1903? Seems like it broke the Apple BT driver support.

Hey there,

Anyone tried to update to Win 10 May Update? I did, the installer blocked 'cause it says some hardware has non compatible driver for that new release, I suspect is the BootCamp driver for the BCM WiFi / BT chip. Do this happened to someone else?

I used the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant. Just make sure there are no usb drives connected there’s a bug in 1903 that will throw an error.

Also FYI I lost Bluetooth support and can’t seem to find a working driver.

I used the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant. Just make sure there are no usb drives connected there’s a bug in 1903 that will throw an error.

Also FYI I lost Bluetooth support and can’t seem to find a working driver.

Bluetooth and wifi work here. First time I tried a windows insider build a couple weeks ago it killed 5 ghz wifi. so I had to clean install oct 2018 then use the iso installer and updated to may 2019 update.

A Q for those that have a pcie Wifi/Bt card installed: Does wake from bluetooth keyboard or magic trackpad work for you?

Looks like the bt module is completely powered off during sleep, which would explain the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back