Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All. After updating to 10.14.5 I seem to have lost my XCPM on my CPU. It always is sitting at max frequency right now. Any thoughts on how to fix?
Put your EFI on line friend, it's difficult to assist you without seing it. IOreg save would also be helpful.

Hi All. After updating to 10.14.5 I seem to have lost my XCPM on my CPU. It always is sitting at max frequency right now. Any thoughts on how to fix?
Skylake-X is totally implemented in 10.13.4 --> till today, there is no need for a patches in KernelToPatch or any other Kext to Patch entry, which (in a wild guess without seeing your EFI) might be the case.. Remove any patches from the mentioned section, check "PluginType" and remove any unneeded kext from EFI, upload if not successful

Hi folks, so, I did end up building my third Hackintosh ... but I can't get it to install. I am stuck at the ol' "RandomSeed" part of the install (can't even get to the install). My EFI config is based on my Hackintosh 2 (see sig) 10.14.4 install - which is what I'm trying to put in this - but with new IDs generated, the sound channels changed for this motherboard, and the discrete GPU code changed for this processor series. Based on the internetz, I tried all the fixes I could find to get past RandomSeed freezes: Taking out or putting in the OsxAptioFixDrv-64, and specifying the RAM and RAM channels and slots (and deleting what was in there already and NOT over-written by my custom RAM info).

Specs are in my signature, with the additional perhaps important info of 8x16GB 3000 MHz DDR4. May I place my whole EFI folder here for help, or just the config?

Hi folks, so, I did end up building my third Hackintosh ... but I can't get it to install. I am stuck at the ol' "RandomSeed" part of the install (can't even get to the install). My EFI config is based on my Hackintosh 2 (see sig) 10.14.4 install - which is what I'm trying to put in this - but with new IDs generated, the sound channels changed for this motherboard, and the discrete GPU code changed for this processor series. Based on the internetz, I tried all the fixes I could find to get past RandomSeed freezes: Taking out or putting in the OsxAptioFixDrv-64, and specifying the RAM and RAM channels and slots (and deleting what was in there already and NOT over-written by my custom RAM info).

Specs are in my signature, with the additional perhaps important info of 8x16GB 3000 MHz DDR4. May I place my whole EFI folder here for help, or just the config?

Yes upload your efi and pics of your bios settings

So, this is emberassing. I blame being sick for the last week and extremely sleep-deprived. I completely forgot to modify the BIOS. I've modified it now, moved the install USB to a USB2 rather than 3.1, and it's now installing. The UI seems very jerky, but I'm hoping that's an issue with using a Logitech wireless keyboard (had severe issues with key duplication when erasing/naming SSD), and it's an AMD GPU, so I'm hoping that macOS installs fine and the UI issues will clear up. Will post upon success or failure ...

Okay, so, not working. I got through the point where it is installing, but it freezes at the typical 2 minutes left mark. Restart, but I wasn't sure which drive to boot from: The preboot install, or the install from disk (NOT the install from USB anymore). I tried either, and with either I get to the installing bar point but it gets maybe 10% through, and does not progress further. Have tried restarting again, with same issue of getting maybe 10% of the way through the install on the black screen with the white apple logo and progress bar. EFI folder posting time, or is this a typical issue people have for which there's a different fix?

Check your configuration and I sent you a proposal based on our friend KGP, it should work perfect.
Remember the configuration of the bios:

Life Saver! Cheers mate. Still don't know how to update though

Okay, so, not working. I got through the point where it is installing, but it freezes at the typical 2 minutes left mark. Restart, but I wasn't sure which drive to boot from: The preboot install, or the install from disk (NOT the install from USB anymore). I tried either, and with either I get to the installing bar point but it gets maybe 10% through, and does not progress further. Have tried restarting again, with same issue of getting maybe 10% of the way through the install on the black screen with the white apple logo and progress bar. EFI folder posting time, or is this a typical issue people have for which there's a different fix?
Still not working. Re-read the guide and changed my SMBIOS to iMacPro1,1. Froze at 2 minutes, used the Preboot drive in Clover, and got to a macOS install window with a blue bar that cycled light/dark blue until it froze, restarted, and then was getting weird "couldn't allocate runtime area" errors. Tried putting in OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi per an online suggestion, and then got to an install window but was throwing errors about "the installer resources were not found" and to reselect my startup disk. This happened both selecting the Preboot and the Install partitions from the SSD install. However, I could get in through the FileVault partition to a normal install (set up account, etc.). UI was extremely slow and jerky, but it was enough to pull up the system info. It said it was an unknown CPU running at 3GHz, but it did properly recognize the RAM and GPU. Activity Monitor did not show any significant processes running (>99% idle) so there was no CPU-driven issue with why the UI should've been jerky. I've shut down for now, am posting my CLOVER folder, and hopefully some of you can help?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Hey maybe someone has this experienced as well. I'm dual booting macOS (currently 10.14.6 Beta) and windows 10.

The only thing that annoys me is my clock setting in windows 10. After I used macOS and boot windows. My windows clock postpones itself by exact 2hrs. I don't know how to fix this. Bios clock is correct. macOS clock is correct. Even if I turn off sync clock with internet and fixed the clock. It postpones 2hrs.

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back