Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
No improvement on cpu performance with:
Find: 31D2E8B4 FCFFFF
Replace: 31D29090 909090
xcpm_pkg_scope_msrs © PMHeart 10.14.5
I do not advise to change the previous kernel patch. (10.14 ) as you'll lose sleep/wake functionally (on Gigabyte Mobos).

Last edited:
Congrats!

I don't use an SSDT with the Radeon VII anymore, but you can use this one.

Hi, may I know why you don't use SSDT for Radeon VII?
It has anything to do with the performance or not?
I have noticed that Radeon VII perform a bit worse on Mojave than the GTX 1080 Ti on HS in Premiere Pro. Maybe I should remove the SSDT to see whether it can get better performance.

Hi, may I know why you don't use SSDT for Radeon VII?
It has anything to do with the performance or not?
I have noticed that Radeon VII perform a bit worse on Mojave than the GTX 1080 Ti on HS in Premiere Pro. Maybe I should remove the SSDT to see whether it can get better performance.

I rarely use SSDTs because I could never wrap my head around them. But people recommend using them. I guess it’s per user preference. The previous thread about iMac Pro’s highly recommended SSDTs, and the author went to great lengths to make them.

It doesn’t make the GPU better for me or worse.

As far as Premiere Pro performance, for me it’s better than previous Vega FE. But there definitely needs to be optimizations done by Apple and/or Adobe to make it work better.

The GTX 1080 Ti will have better performance for your configuration.

Last edited:
I rarely use SSDTs because I could never wrap my head around them. But people recommend using them. I guess it’s per user preference. The previous thread about iMac Pro’s highly recommended SSDTs, and the author went to great lengths to make them.

It doesn’t make the GPU better for me or worse.

As far as Premiere Pro performance, for me it’s better than previous Vega FE. But there definitely needs to be optimizations done by Apple and/or Adobe to make it work better.

The GTX 1080 Ti will have better performance for your configuration.
Thanks for your generous explanation. :thumbup::thumbup:
Yes, the Radeon has great potential on macOS.
We can expect a continuous improvement as macOS evolves.

To any one who use premiere pro with radeon vii, OpenCL is way better than metal, especially for 3rd part plugin like Red Giant. I change to OpenCL and notice a big improvement in premiere pro. Even better than 1080ti when edit iphone 4k footage.

To any one who use premiere pro with radeon vii, OpenCL is way better than metal, especially for 3rd part plugin like Red Giant. I change to OpenCL and notice a big improvement in premiere pro. Even better than 1080ti when edit iphone 4k footage.

Yes this is very well known. Metal is useless until 10.15 where Adobe will be forced to make it more optimized for macOS.

OpenCL/OpenGL are depreciated since 10.14 so developers will be forced to optimize for Metal.

Last edited:
After updating to 10.14.5 my CPU performance has been dropped drastically. Can anyone please help me by providing the xcpmperformance_patch, _xcpm_SMT_scope_msrs 1, and _xcpm_SMT_scope_msrs 2 -- Kernel ToPatch --
Try these ( not needed for X299 )
FIND BE0B0000 005DE908 000000
REPLACE BE0B0000 005DC390 909090
COMMENT X99 _xcpm_SMT_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha 10.14.5 (provided by @PMheart)

Hey guys,

Sooo.. I tried updating my Mojave straight from 10.14 to 10.14.5. I updated my clover, Kexts and Drivers. Rebooted with install Mac os from my SSD. It froze on 28 minutes remaining installation screen. I hard rebooted tried again and it froze again. So i went back to my original installed OS and changed me EFI back to the one prior to the updated. My mac freezes on shutdown and doesn't wake up from sleep either. And i don't know how to get rid of the 'BOOT install MAC OS from SSD" in clover boot screen.

Attaching me EFI below.

Attachments

• Asus Prime X299-Deluxe, i9-7900X.zip
    21 MB · Views: 76
Try these ( not needed for X299 )
FIND BE0B0000 005DE908 000000
REPLACE BE0B0000 005DC390 909090
COMMENT X99 _xcpm_SMT_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha 10.14.5 (provided by @PMheart)
Thanks, Friend, Can you please guide me from where I can find this my self

Thanks, Friend, Can you please guide me from where I can find this my self
PMheart ( Young girl ) postings on another popular Mac forum :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back