Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, therein lies the problem, because it appears none of us have the time or the expertise in OC (who does??) to do so.....I certainly don't....

Something to break away from the OC ... I would like to share my favorite app for over a year, developed by @Sascha_77. This is a world-class app. The best way I found to update Kexts, Boot loader (Clover & OC), rebuilding cache and more..

Ps: it would be great to see a list of of your favorite apps, unknown & worth mentioning.
Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 2.56.51 PM.png

Attachments

• Kext Updater 2.9.9.zip
    12.9 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Anyone know of a better USB PCIe card than this one?

It's for front 2 ports. Internal header would be nice.

I think its a really old chipset as I was having issues today, the whole system had to be turned off with 2 external drives connected to it.

Mine is fine. It needs CSM enabled to boot with the ThunderBolt 3 card installed (which lowers the boot resolution to something awful), but otherwise it's solid. Perhaps y'all just had bad memory/CPUs?

I mean, it's not a great board (and it's ugly af), but it's been fine for me for over a year or so now.

Tony:
Wait until you get a Radeon VII and then see if you still think it's an ok board.....and btw, muchas gracias for your help the other day.......

You know what the Sage boards are? Essentially they are fixed Prime Deluxe Boards.....

Something to break away from the OC ... I would like to share my favorite app for over a year, developed by @Sascha_77. This is a world-class app. The best way I found to update Kexts, Boot loader (Clover & OC), rebuilding cache and more..

Ps: it would be great to see a list of of your favorite apps, unknown & worth mentioning.
View attachment 421154

This is great, but I'm using Hackintool, the option known as "installed", then compiling them myself and installing them. But I'll look at yours to see if I can improve that process...

Tony:
Wait until you get a Radeon VII and then see if you still think it's an ok board

Oh I would love to get a Sage mobo, but I just don't have the money right now. Same goes for the Radeon VII - my Vega 64 is working just fine - not sure any of this really needs replacing right now.

muchas gracias for your help the other day.

You're very welcome. Are you running on OpenCore now?

Do i need to plug in EATX12V1?

I noticed my BT/Wifi card lost power when a USB3.0 PCIe card is next to it with 2 HDDs connected.

Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 10.25.37 PM.png

And can I connect to VGA port on PSU > 8 pin to 8/6 pin VGA cable > this port?

EDIT: Ok Now I connected USB BT (PCie Wifi/BT combo) to the Inatek USB3.0 PCIe cards USB3.0 header and moved the PC case front 2 ports to the onboard header. I hope I don't have any more issues.

Someone else recommended I could just use the USB-C header > USB BT and get it over with but will lose front USB-C port (not that I use it anyway, and rear is always available).

Why the hell did ASUS not add an extra USB3.0 header onboard is beyond me. Is 2x10G ethernet taking up that many PCIe lanes? I guess it's all those extra PCIe slots.

Last edited:
Oh I would love to get a Sage mobo, but I just don't have the money right now. Same goes for the Radeon VII - my Vega 64 is working just fine - not sure any of this really needs replacing right now.

You're very welcome. Are you running on OpenCore now?

Oh no.....this bootloader (OC) takes a lot of study....I'm in the process of changing my motherboard, so after I settle in on that, I'll pursue OC....but that will be a while.....right now, just doing a lot of research....

EDIT: Ok Now I connected USB BT (PCie Wifi/BT combo) to the Inatek USB3.0 PCIe cards USB3.0 header and moved the PC case front 2 ports to the onboard header. I hope I don't have any more issues.

Someone else recommended I could just use the USB-C header > USB BT and get it over with but will lose front USB-C port (not that I use it anyway, and rear is always available).

Why the hell did ASUS not add an extra USB3.0 header onboard is beyond me. Is 2x10G ethernet taking up that many PCIe lanes? I guess it's all those extra PCIe slots.

That's what I originally did but ended up just connecting the usb bt to one of the back usb ports. You can't wake up via BT if it's connected to the Inatek pci card.

I have no idea why they didn't add an extra usb 3 header and/or usb 2 header but I'm assuming its due to space constraints from the extra u.2(s) and m.2 on the side. That's where the headers were on the X99-E 10G WS.

I believe this is the PCIe lane breakdown though I could be wrong lol. I have no idea how the 16 lane chips still support the 7 pcie lanes.
32 - PCIe Slots (split with 2 PLX chips)
4 - U.2
4 - Side M.2
4 - Intel X550-AT2 10G

I'm still considering switching to a Rampage VI Omega board (Mainly for aesthetics lol) or waiting for the Cascade Lake X refresh boards.

Last edited:
That's what I originally did but ended up just connecting the usb bt to one of the back usb ports. You can't wake up via BT if it's connected to the Inatek pci card.

I have no idea why they didn't add an extra usb 3 header and/or usb 2 header but I'm assuming its due to space constraints from the extra u.2(s) and m.2 on the side. That's where the headers were on the X99-E 10G WS.

I believe this is the PCIe lane breakdown though I could be wrong lol. I have no idea how the 16 lane chips still support the 7 pcie lanes.
32 - PCIe Slots (split with 2 PLX chips)
4 - U.2
4 - Side M.2
4 - Intel X550-AT2 10G

I'm still considering switching to a Rampage VI Omega board (Mainly for aesthetics lol) or waiting for the Cascade Lake X refresh boards.

Was thinking of getting this and connecting front USB3.0 ports to this and the onboard 3.0 > USB2.0 > BT

Routing to the back port will be the last resort at this point. I am noticing weird slow downs with this PCIe card installed, I think i have to dump it.

Of course we lose front USB-C port

519w6azEccL._SL1200_.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back