Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
It happens with every USB port? maybe you got "255" also on external ports? In any case, it shouldn't eject drives if the system isn't in sleep... strange.

Yep, every port including USB 3.0 and USB 2.0

All external ports are properly set to 0 or 3.

Yep, every port including USB 3.0 and USB 2.0

All external ports are properly set to 0 or 3.

I don't how to help you right now mate, sorry! What's the difference between 0, 3 and 255?

I don't how to help you right now mate, sorry! What's the difference between 0, 3 and 255?

0 = USB2 type-A
3 = USB3 type-A
255 = Proprietary (Internal)

USB 3 ports are actually 0+3 (both USB2 and USB3) that's why we truncate and limit to 15 ports and "lose" certain ports (its best to pick the most important ones)

There's a good guide by RehabMan about this.

Last edited:
@djlild7hina mentioned we should continue KGP's work in GitHub on a new repository/org. We can contribute guides, SSDT, and EFI folders with "golden configurations". We should keep community support in this thread and have GitHub to be a place for storage, collaboration, etc.

What do other folks think about it?

@izo1 I don't seem to be able to PM you, can you shoot me a PM whenever you get the chance?

Last edited:
It's the best thing we could do... my EFI folder and configurations are available for all of you. Mine is a golden(ish) build.

@djlild7hina mentioned we should continue KGP's work in GitHub on a new repository/org. We can contribute guides, SSDT, and EFI folders with "golden configurations". We should keep community support in this thread and have GitHub to be a place for storage, collaboration, etc.

What do other folks think about it?
Im also in favor of your ideas. If theres anything for me to do that you can think of please let me know!

@pieropontra

I'd love to see this happen. I'd love to see your EFI, even though it's different from mine....

@pieropontra

I'd love to see this happen. I'd love to see your EFI, even though it's different from mine....

I'm feeling like a student on the first day of college, I'm the noob here! Ahahah Here my EFI, feel free to destroy it! :p

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    34.3 MB · Views: 158
I'm feeling like a student on the first day of college, I'm the noob here! Ahahah Here my EFI, feel free to destroy it! :p

Seems like a pretty clean EFI. Just curious is there a reason why you're using VegaGraphicsFixup vs WG? also your Serial number info is in there :p

I hope nobody here will use my serial and other codes!

Anyway, I'm using VegaFixUp only because with WEG I got sporadic mouse / trackpad hiccups. Someone in the old thread pointed the same issue saying he solved swapping WEG with VegaFixUp and this solved the issue for me too... I don't why it happened with WEG so feel free to give a hint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back