Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not working. Re-read the guide and changed my SMBIOS to iMacPro1,1. Froze at 2 minutes, used the Preboot drive in Clover, and got to a macOS install window with a blue bar that cycled light/dark blue until it froze, restarted, and then was getting weird "couldn't allocate runtime area" errors. Tried putting in OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi per an online suggestion, and then got to an install window but was throwing errors about "the installer resources were not found" and to reselect my startup disk. This happened both selecting the Preboot and the Install partitions from the SSD install. However, I could get in through the FileVault partition to a normal install (set up account, etc.). UI was extremely slow and jerky, but it was enough to pull up the system info. It said it was an unknown CPU running at 3GHz, but it did properly recognize the RAM and GPU. Activity Monitor did not show any significant processes running (>99% idle) so there was no CPU-driven issue with why the UI should've been jerky. I've shut down for now, am posting my CLOVER folder, and hopefully some of you can help?
Dude you're missing the TSCadjustreset in your kext. Attached is the proper one for your 9980XE. Also, your config plist is a bit messy. the ACPI patches are missing infos. You do not need all those kernel patches. .Why are you using USBInjectall?? You have not filled the Cpu type 0x0f01 in your config and I'm pretty sure I'm missing buch of other infos Someone with Asus Prime X299-Deluxe II can post his EFI with the proper adapted kext for your board. Or you can read the guide ...Sorry I do not have more time to re write your config.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-successful-build-extended-guide.255082/ Good luck mate.

Attachments

• TSCAdjustReset.kext.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Hey maybe someone has this experienced as well. I'm dual booting macOS (currently 10.14.6 Beta) and windows 10.

The only thing that annoys me is my clock setting in windows 10. After I used macOS and boot windows. My windows clock postpones itself by exact 2hrs. I don't know how to fix this. Bios clock is correct. macOS clock is correct. Even if I turn off sync clock with internet and fixed the clock. It postpones 2hrs.

Any ideas?

Same here, is driving me crazy and dunno how to fix it!

dunno how to fix it

Is there a reason why everyone uses a Vega 64 8gb instead of the Vega Frontier Edition 16gb for a graphics card? It all seems so overpowered ,and then a pretty underwhelming Vega 64 8gb? Why not the Frontier 16gb or the 2080 Ti?

I use FE. Depends on your workload. The FE does not outperform the 8gb except in cases that use more VRAM, which is going to be limited to 4k+ video workflows, large 3D scene rendering, 4K gaming textures... etc. Under most normal circumstances, you wouldn't see an improvement between them.

WhateverGreen
v1.2.9
  • Added AMD Radeon VII to detected list
  • Disabled automatic framebuffer usage on Polaris GPUs
  • Added preserve-names device property to preserve current GPU names
  • Added AppleVPA patching support, replaces NoVPAJpeg.kext (thx CMMChris and uglyJoe)

Lilu
v1.3.6
  • Lilu now uses OpenCore NVRAM variable GUIDs
  • Add support for 0x3E980003 frame id for CFL refresh

AppleALC
v1.3.8
  • Fixed rare random audio init failure on 10.14
  • Added ALC255 (3246) layout-id 100 for alienware alpha r2 by DalianSky
  • Added ALC262 layout-id 7 for MS-7480N1 by DalianSky
  • Added ALC236 layout-id 54 for DELL-5488 by Daggeryu
  • Added ALC280 layout-id 16 for Optiplex 9020SFF by cowpod
  • Added ALC1220 layout-id 34 for MSI P65 Creator Laptop by CleverCoder
  • Added ALC892 layout-id 97 for Hasee K770e i7 D1 (P170sm-a) by gitawake
  • Fix Typo/Update Pinconfig ALC294 layout21 by Andres and Add HDAController patch for WhiskeyLake Notebook
  • Update PathMap for ALC298 layout-id 99 for XiaoMi-Pro
  • Added ALC892 layout-id 17 for MSI B150M MORTAR - SwitchMode by MacPeet
  • Added ALC892 layout-id 18 for MSI B150M MORTAR - ManualMode by MacPeet
  • Added ALC1220 layout-id 28 for Z390 Aorus Ultra - Output SP/HP Manualmode by MacPeet
  • Added VT1802 layout-id 65 for hasee K650D by ivothgle
  • Added ALCS1220A layout-id 20 and 21 for Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming by RodionS & Nacho
  • Added ALC270 layout-id 21 for Asus A46CB-WX024D Laptop by Andres ZeroCross

NOTE: Earlier this morning I tried the new Whatevergreen, Lilu, and AppleALC, along with Clover 4934. The scratchy audio (on Display Port/Monitor speakers) problem remains. That's my only concern as it relates to my Radeon VII - other than that, it's a great card.

NOTE: Earlier this morning I tried the new Whatevergreen, Lilu, and AppleALC, along with Clover 4934. The scratchy audio (on Display Port/Monitor speakers) problem remains. That's my only concern as it relates to my Radeon VII - other than that, it's a great card.

Same here. It’s definitely macOS driver related. :thumbdown

Has anyone been able to add an eject icon next to an external USB drive? I can right click and eject disk no problem, but the icon is not there.

Yes. It remains. Seems the glitching sound is related to MacOS Graphic driver for Radeon VII

Same here. It’s definitely macOS driver related. :thumbdown

If your audio thru HDMI/Dp ports contains pops or clicks, it's most likely due the audio buffer size being too low. I dont believe you can control the ASIO buffer size of your HDMI/DP audio port but have you tried feeding the HDMI/DP audio port thru a 3rd party app like Sound control? It allows to re route the audio & the volume feedback thru the control panel of the mac os. Just an idea ;) - the app cost $10 but they offer a trial period.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back