Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
@djlild7hina You don't use a Keychron keyboard on your setup by chance do you? LOL ... I noticed something really interesting regarding a Bluetooth issue I'm having.

Mojave won't see the keyboard at all, but Ubuntu did when I booted into it to do the 10GbE procedure. Any ideas? Bluetooth in Mojave works for everything else.

Sorry unfortunately I dont :( I just use the apple magic keyboard/trackpad/mouse. Have you tried resetting the bluetooth module and resetting nvram? I believe it's like command + click on the bluetooth icon in the status bar or something like that

Sorry unfortunately I dont :( I just use the apple magic keyboard/trackpad/mouse. Have you tried resetting the bluetooth module and resetting nvram? I believe it's like command + click on the bluetooth icon in the status bar or something like that
Tried that before, no luck. No dice now. May attempt deleting the Bluetooth.plist file. Thought it was the keyboard being weird, but it connects fine to my 2020 pre-M1 Macbook Pro on Catalina w/ no issues.

So weird.

Hi,

I am looking for a new motherboard for my hackintosh. I want to change my Gigabyte X299X DESIGNARE 10G ( problem with bios updates not compatible with Big Sur)

My config:
OS X Big sur 11.5.2
OpenCore 0.7.2

CPU I9-10980xe
Ram 4x32Go ( possible extension to 8x32Go)

Hard disk for OSX:
1 ssd nvme 1To for the system
4 ssd nvme 1TB Raid 0 on PCI card for the user folder
8 SATA hard disks

For Windows:
1 ssd name 512GB

AMD Radeon Pro W5700

I need:
8 Ram slot (for 256Go)
8 functional SATA port
2 functional M2 nvme port
2 PCI ports x16 ( one for graphics card and one for PCI card for the 4 nvme SSDs )
1 or 2 additional PCI ports
Wifi / Bluetooth
Ethernet ( no need 5Go or 10Go )
Maximum USB 3.X port
NO NEED THUNDERBOLT
8 4pin fan ports if possible

I want an ASUS motherboard (never again Gigabyte)
The possible cards are therefore:

- Asus Prime X299-A II
- ASUS PRIME X299-DELUXE II
- Asus ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING II

The Asus ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING II is for me the most adapted.

I have not seen many people with this motherboard (Asus ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING II). I wonder if there is a problem with this motherboard ?

I think I have all the kext for the less common controllers:
For Intel WIFI 6 AX200 => itlwm_v2.0.0_stable.kext
For Audio ROG SupremeFX S1220A => AppleALC.kext with the right ID should work

Is there a problem with this motherboard? ( problem with ACPI files or kext or other ?)

Thanks

Hi,

I am looking for a new motherboard for my hackintosh. I want to change my Gigabyte X299X DESIGNARE 10G ( problem with bios updates not compatible with Big Sur)

My config:
OS X Big sur 11.5.2
OpenCore 0.7.2

CPU I9-10980xe
Ram 4x32Go ( possible extension to 8x32Go)

Hard disk for OSX:
1 ssd nvme 1To for the system
4 ssd nvme 1TB Raid 0 on PCI card for the user folder
8 SATA hard disks

For Windows:
1 ssd name 512GB

AMD Radeon Pro W5700

I need:
8 Ram slot (for 256Go)
8 functional SATA port
2 functional M2 nvme port
2 PCI ports x16 ( one for graphics card and one for PCI card for the 4 nvme SSDs )
1 or 2 additional PCI ports
Wifi / Bluetooth
Ethernet ( no need 5Go or 10Go )
Maximum USB 3.X port
NO NEED THUNDERBOLT
8 4pin fan ports if possible

I want an ASUS motherboard (never again Gigabyte)
The possible cards are therefore:

- Asus Prime X299-A II
- ASUS PRIME X299-DELUXE II
- Asus ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING II

The Asus ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING II is for me the most adapted.

I have not seen many people with this motherboard (Asus ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING II). I wonder if there is a problem with this motherboard ?

I think I have all the kext for the less common controllers:
For Intel WIFI 6 AX200 => itlwm_v2.0.0_stable.kext
For Audio ROG SupremeFX S1220A => AppleALC.kext with the right ID should work

Is there a problem with this motherboard? ( problem with ACPI files or kext or other ?)

Thanks

I believe all ASUS X299 boards are pretty similar in ACPI besides the WS Pro/SE one so think it just comes down to personal preference

I believe all ASUS X299 boards are pretty similar in ACPI besides the WS Pro/SE one so think it just comes down to personal preference
ok thanks

Does the nvram work on these motherboards?

Hello my friends, I have a very stupid question. I asked that around a year ago but it kinda went down here.
When I managed to get my hackintosh running with the generous help of @djlild7hina I was so happy that I didn't bother with issues that wasn't my concern at that moment (TB and SATA drives directly connected to the mainboard).

I had my nvme drives, they worked fine, all sata drives where connected via usb - all good. Now I want to connect all of my SATA drives to the mb directly and I realize that they won't show up on OSX (they do on windows). It's been a while since I was into the whole installation progress and I'm regretting that I didn't do a proper documentation of what I did (for learning issues). I am assuming that I need to install seperate SATA kext, is that right? What might be the issue?

Would be great to get a little hint to refresh my memories :)

Just in case that somebody wants to check, some specs and the EFI:

OpenCore
Mojave 10.14.6
ASUS Prime X299-A II
i9-10940X
Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580

What works:
Internal nvme
Internal Sata SSD when on Windows only
Internal Sata SSD in external case via USB3 on both Windows and OSX

What doesnt work:
Internal Sata SSD on OSX

The SSDs I tested where CrucialMX300 and a SanDisk, formatted to ExFat and Mac OS Extended (Journaled).

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.4 MB · Views: 84
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back