Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I'm completely new to OC. Already on Catalina ( Clover ). Trying to install Big Sur.
NO luck
any help is much appreciated.
Same here, does anyone have a workable clover or opencore EFI folder for Asus X299 Prime II - no matter what i do for OC or clover i cant get past booting, its annoying.

You guys need to do some research. Check Dortania’s guide and start with other peoples EFI and dissect.

You guys need to do some research. Check Dortania’s guide and start with other peoples EFI and dissect.
hi izo1. I followed Dortania guide , however could find a firmware code to my CPU... The rest of the guide was clear to follow ... however I can't pass the booting , if you could advised any workable EFI ( clover or OC) , please. I have update BIOS and now can't even go back to install Catalina ???

hi izo1. I followed Dortania guide , however could find a firmware code to my CPU... The rest of the guide was clear to follow ... however I can't pass the booting , if you could advised any workable EFI ( clover or OC) , please. I have update BIOS and now can't even go back to install Catalina ???

You don't need a "firmware code" for your CPU, I Have no idea what that means.

Just leave everything default all you need is a serial # and a UUID #.

Regarding the BIOS, I advise to roll back because ASUS broke some important things in their latest BIOS updates.

Example, in my mobo I use the SAGE10/G they broke things but they fixed it later with another release.

@holmstockd and @Shlonakzeen look at this post to get you started.

Good luck

@holmstockd and @Shlonakzeen look at this post to get you started.

Good luck
TY! like seriously - thank you!

Many thanks guys. I finally managed to get to the installer but it’s very slow and every time it stuck at 15 minutes progress.

[Deleted]

Last edited:
I updated bios to 3201 (and saved my config to a stick. ) What could possible go wrong? And I have my asus bios button that installs old version. 3201 did not boot. So I had to install the version that I had. What could possible go wrong? Well the USB did not work after install of the old version and a reload of the old setting. Two usb port still works, but the other is dead. Anyone that uses newer bioses? What do I need to to the the USB running again. I use EFI-X299-10.14.5-Beta-iMacPro1,1-050419 today and have no idea what to replace that with for the X266 Deluxe.

I updated bios to 3201 (and saved my config to a stick. ) What could possible go wrong? And I have my asus bios button that installs old version. 3201 did not boot. So I had to install the version that I had. What could possible go wrong? Well the USB did not work after install of the old version and a reload of the old setting. Two usb port still works, but the other is dead. Anyone that uses newer bioses? What do I need to to the the USB running again. I use EFI-X299-10.14.5-Beta-iMacPro1,1-050419 today and have no idea what to replace that with for the X266 Deluxe.

Make sure above 4G encoding is enabled in BIOS and disable CSM and MSR lock. You'll most likely need SSDT-AWAC too. Or just moving to OpenCore altogether

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back