Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some artificial RED footage tests playing back with the latest REDCINE-X PRO 51 under macOS. This is the best way to test RED footage since their own application is the most up to date and optimized one.

macOS RED CINE RESULT:
So apparently was able to playback 1/2 res in real time with clip 1 and 3. Full is not available on any of the clips. And the higher the compression, the more work the CPU has to do rather than the GPU.

Very similar to how mine played back. Your performance might be a little better since you have more CPU cores.

Very similar to how mine played back. Your performance might be a little better since you have more CPU cores.

Still Windows has far better performance even with a Radeon VII.

Just to report. ASUS Rampage Apex X299 + Sapphire Radeon Vii on 10.14.5 also experience audio glitch and purple line during boot. I also notice ACPI error during boot. I think this is related to HWSENSOR.kext

I also experience VRAM error during boot some times, and I have to reboot. Wait for the new version of Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts to see whether they can solve those problems.

After updating to 10.14.5 my CPU performance has been dropped drastically. Can anyone please help me by providing the xcpmperformance_patch, _xcpm_SMT_scope_msrs 1, and _xcpm_SMT_scope_msrs 2 -- Kernel ToPatch --

well @izo1 my friend, I just bought a Radeon VII Sapphire from Amazon in Italy for € 660 (special offer)!!! I want to get rid of that radiator which is a bit messy in my case and don't want to wait for Navi 20 in 2020 (rumored). Do you guys use a VII SSDT (maybe KGP's one) with yours?

Last edited:
Rampage VI Extreme: Aquantia AQC107 firmware Fix.

Reinstalled 10.13.3 for a Apple firmware update...but after the update, it didn't work for me. (no connection and a test MAC 02:03:93:5b:9c:01 assigned).

So, update the firmware AQC107 with DIAG Tool, installed the driver "Aquantia_AQtion_x86_Win_ver_2.1.17" for up the device and reboot to 10.14.5.... all is working correctly.

KextToPatch is needed.

Last edited:
Rampage VI Extreme: Aquantia AQC107 firmware Fix.

Reinstalled 10.13.3 for a Apple firmware update...but after the update, it didn't work for me. (no connection and a test MAC 02:03:93:5b:9c:01 assigned).

So, update the firmware AQC107 with DIAG Tool, installed the driver "Aquantia_AQtion_x86_Win_ver_2.1.17" for up the device and reboot to 10.14.5.... all is working correctly.

Glad you got it to work. Do you still need the kext patch?

well @izo1 my friend, I just bought a Radeon VII Sapphire from Amazon in Italy for € 660 (special offer)!!! I want to get rid of that radiator which is a bit messy in my case and don't want to wait for Navi 20 in 2020 (rumored). Do you guys use a VII SSDT (maybe KGP's one) with yours?

Congrats!

I don't use an SSDT with the Radeon VII anymore, but you can use this one.

Hey Hack Gurus,
Hoping someone who is better with ACPI than i am can help me out with this. Normally, I have not had trouble adapting the various SSDTs to the various motherboards/systems that I run. But, I have spent a few hours trying to get this one to work to no avail.

I grabbed the Radeon VII SSDT from KGPs repo and successfully adapted it to my Z390 systems. I also successfully adapted it to my X299 system at first. But, once i installed another PCIe card into the last slot, it seems to have triggered an additional bifurcation of the PCI bus, and I can't seem to get the SSDT to load properly at the new address for the GPU.

When the GPU was by itself in the first slot, it was showing up on PC02->BR2A...
After installing a Blackmagic deckling in the last PCIe slot, the GPU now is showing up on PC02->BR2C...
And I /think/ there is another pic-bridge in the path which might be my issue since I am not sure how to deal with that.

Can anyone help me adapt the SSDT to this new ACPI address? I am attaching my original working (when the decklink card is not installed) as well as screenshots of the IORegistry showing the new paths.

Much appreciated!
g\

EDIT: Nevermind. Of course, right after posting this, I finally got it working. What was throwing me off is the first time, I did a reboot after (apparently) properly adapting the SSDT. The boot would actually hang with a timeout on GFX0. I thought this meant my SSDT was broken, but after one more reboot, it's actually working fine. So, I have no idea what that was about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back