Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think with OpenCore VirtualSMC is the way to go but FakeSMC with Clover is fine. I'm not up to date with Clover but I believe Clover uses OpenCore quirks now. You'll need boot-flag "agdpmod=pikera" to fix the black screen issue with the 5700 XT.

is that with Clover?

I don't have a black screen issue; but this mac now hangs after 10 minutes of usage consistently. Best I got is 12 minutes uptime

@djlild7hina

Thank you for clarification and bios settings.

A strange thing happens about Above 4G Decoding: On setting:

my video is connected to the slot PCIE 4 and monitor is connected to video with mini displayport cable.In all the bios versions i have tried - 2002 included - if I set ABOVE 4G to ON the screen of the monitor always remains black and i am forced to make a clear cmos because is impossible to enter the bios with F2.

@djlild7hina

Thank you for clarification and bios settings.

A strange thing happens about Above 4G Decoding: On setting:

my video is connected to the slot PCIE 4 and monitor is connected to video with mini displayport cable.In all the bios versions i have tried - 2002 included - if I set ABOVE 4G to ON the screen of the monitor always remains black and i am forced to make a clear cmos because is impossible to enter the bios with F2.

Is there a reason you're using slot 4? Slots 1 and 5 are recommended for graphics by ASUS

is that with Clover?

I don't have a black screen issue; but this mac now hangs after 10 minutes of usage consistently. Best I got is 12 minutes uptime

OC quirks? yeah I'm not sure how it's configured though with Clover since I haven't used clover in almost a year. Maybe someone on clover can chime in
I mentioned the pikera flag since you mentioned having a black screen. It should work with Clover too.

Is there a reason you're using slot 4? Slots 1 and 5 are recommended for graphics by ASUS

No. Only in slot 1 is not possible because the Titan Ridge must be connected to slot 2. So do you recommend connecting the video card to slot 5?

@djlild7hina

Hi,
i have your same mobo, i9-7980XE, Radeon VII, Gigabyte Titan Ridge but with the modified bios 3101

I have the ASRock Titan Ridge TB card; is there a way to upgrade its bios?

Last I looked it seems that with a flashed bios, thunderbolt was no longer working under mac. Is that true?

@djlild7hina
Latest Clover r5120 use part of Open Core - OpenRuntime.efi and OcQuirks.efi and Quirks preferences in config.plist.
Positioned as a replacement for AptioMemoriFix.efi and introduced for compatibility with new versions of macOS. Still in beta state.

@Rulebreaker01
Probably you have virus-timer in your system:mrgreen:

Do you already tried fresh macOS installation with minimal set of kext, drivers, etc?
Review Windows system log for multiply identical errors, warnings, etc

I just tried BIOS 3105 on my Prime X299 Deluxe, and it's not working for me. My Hack wouldn't get through the initial boot progress bar, so I reverted to 2002 and everything is working again. Not sure what's changed, and I didn't have time tonight to debug the problem.

Wow!! Working !! :beachball::beachball::beachball:
Thank you @djlild7hina @yapan4 :thumbup::thumbup:

The provided EFI boots me Catalina in Bios 3006 patched by @djlild7hina. It is a pity that it does not work in Bios 2002, this afternoon I will update all the ssdt for the cosmetic issue and when I have everything well I will test with the bios 3105

@yapan4 I have checked that the config.plist of your efi does not have ACPI replacements, do I leave it empty or do I put the replacements that it had in my old config.plist?

@djlild7hina Now that I have verified that the tenth generation i9x works well, I am going to buy the 10980xe but I think I am going to buy the Asus WS SAGE, in terms of configuration, is there any difference with your model? or is it just the 10g network? I want to change it because in the Prime Deluxe (i & II) the thunderbolt card has to go in the PCIe 16x_3 file, the graphics in the PCIe 16x_1 the last PCIe 16x does not give 16 lines, I have an Asus Hyper 16x card ( 4 HD´s M2) and it only recognizes me 2, if the Asus Hyper I put it in the PCIe 16x_3 it recognizes the 4 disks, but the Titan does not work well in the last slot. I guess the Asus WS Sage won't have that problem ...

Another matter, I have recently read that many users have problems with the Radeon VII, in my system it works perfectly, if you want I can do tests, maybe it is due to differences between Clover / OpenCore, I can do the tests they need, regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back