Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't understand correlation between ram slots and SMBIOS. to you too: just switch to OpenCore.

General advice is to switch to OpenCore, it requires a bit of understanding and reading at first place but It's totally worth it! Check the X299 OpenCore support thread, there are some prebuilt EFIs helping you guys to start!

I have tried OpenCore now and I'm getting stuck at the very same position as before on Clover.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-07-21 at 13.17.41.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-07-21 at 13.17.41.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 49
  • EFI.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 36
I have tried OpenCore now and I'm getting stuck at the very same position as before on Clover.

Any ideas?

Few things:
1. Are you running a patched BIOS with UEFITool?
2. Why are you using NullCPUPowerManagement? You should use TSCAdjustReset.kext
3. SetupVirtualMap needs to be set to No under Booter-Quirks.
4. You're missing USBInjectAll.kext with XhciPortLimit set to enabled.
5. Not sure where you got the SSDTs but they might not be compatible with X299

Try starting with the BASE-EFI in my github on post 1.

Yes you either need to jump or plug in header. Otherwise the card won’t be powered
I jump the cable...i made SSDT with method 2 as shown by casey post, i put in ACPI patched dir in clover that SSDT + SSDT_DTPG....the controller is shown in system info but i’ve no hot plug. I tried with apollo card and 2 hard disk thunderbolt 3 i used with my other unpatched controller.
Any suggestions?

I jump the cable...i made SSDT with method 2 as shown by casey post, i put in ACPI patched dir in clover that SSDT + SSDT_DTPG....the controller is shown in system info but i’ve no hot plug. I tried with apollo card and 2 hard disk thunderbolt 3 i used with my other unpatched controller.
Any suggestions?

EFI, ioreg? some devices only work after a warm boot

Few things:
1. Are you running a patched BIOS with UEFITool?
2. Why are you using NullCPUPowerManagement? You should use TSCAdjustReset.kext
3. SetupVirtualMap needs to be set to No under Booter-Quirks.
4. You're missing USBInjectAll.kext with XhciPortLimit set to enabled.
5. Not sure where you got the SSDTs but they might not be compatible with X299

Try starting with the BASE-EFI in my github on post 1.

Thanks a lot. The BIOS has been patched.

I tried it with your Base-EFI. I did everything written on the GitHub instruction and came up with the same error but slightly different (USBInjectAll.kext, see Picture). I couldn't find the option to enable XhciPortLimit when opening the kext plist.

As I wasn't sure if the X299-A II with its latest Firmware (0603) counts as pre or post Cascade Lake X motherboard, I did try the procedure twice with the different SSDT-RTC0.aml files - unfortunately without success.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-07-21 at 20.00.12.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-07-21 at 20.00.12.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 40
  • EFI.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 54
Thanks a lot. The BIOS has been patched.

I tried it with your Base-EFI. I did everything written on the GitHub instruction and came up with the same error but slightly different (USBInjectAll.kext, see Picture). I couldn't find the option to enable XhciPortLimit when opening the kext plist.

As I wasn't sure if the X299-A II with its latest Firmware (0603) counts as pre or post Cascade Lake X motherboard, I did try the procedure twice with the different SSDT-RTC0.aml files - unfortunately without success.

Is this on a fresh install? Or are you migrating from Clover to OpenCore?

X299-A II is a cascade lake x refresh board so it needs to be patched which it seems like you did.

You need to use this version of SSDT-RTC0.aml

Attachments

• SSDT-RTC0.aml
    172 bytes · Views: 48

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.1 MB · Views: 64
  • tnf.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back