Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you flash your BIOS with UEFITool? Above 4G Encoding enabled in BIOS? I saw that you have the SSDT-AWAC.aml so that's good. I'm not familiar with clover anymore but have you tried OpenCore?

End RandomSeed is 100% a RAM slide value error on boot, you should calculate your slide value (find some guides, Opencore outlines this very well). I suggest trying with 0, so add slide=0 to boot arguments. Sometimes moving RAM sticks in different positions helps indeed.

Specs on hardware with Mojave 10.14.6:

i99940X
Asus Prime X299 De Luxe II
Corsaire Vengeance RGB Pro 128 Go 3200Mhz
Saphire Radeon Vega 64 Nitro +
Samsung Nvme 970 Evo Plus 500Go

I've been installed the same Mojave on other machines with exactly same specs except graphics card, another Saphire Radeon Vega 64 non Nitro +.

The problems :

- No Wi Fi recognized ( card on PCIe 1X)
- Black screen on Display Port, only Hdmi runs
- ThunderBolt isn't recognized too.

And today:

- No ssd Nvme recognized in bios. I put its (EFI ssd) on first boot option but on restart firt boot is "disable". I need restart with usb key install. Its works fine after install for two days but today I've this issue.

Here EFI I use

Any help is appreciate

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    34.8 MB · Views: 130
Thank you for helping!!

@djlild7hina Yes, I did all the things you mentioned besides OpenCore. I should really give it a try.

@pieropontra slide=0 didn't help either, unfortunately. I tested with an SMBIOS representing my actual hardware (Slots 0/2/4/6 each 2933MHz, 32768MB). What exactly do you mean by calculating slide value?

Specs on hardware with Mojave 10.14.6:

i99940X
Asus Prime X299 De Luxe II
Corsaire Vengeance RGB Pro 128 Go 3200Mhz
Saphire Radeon Vega 64 Nitro +
Samsung Nvme 970 Evo Plus 500Go

I've been installed the same Mojave on other machines with exactly same specs except graphics card, another Saphire Radeon Vega 64 non Nitro +.

The problems :

- No Wi Fi recognized ( card on PCIe 1X)
- Black screen on Display Port, only Hdmi runs
- ThunderBolt isn't recognized too.

And today:

- No ssd Nvme recognized in bios. I put its (EFI ssd) on first boot option but on restart firt boot is "disable". I need restart with usb key install. Its works fine after install for two days but today I've this issue.

Here EFI I use

Any help is appreciate

just a quick overlook: no WEG.kext (so no DP output I suppose) + no TB3 SSDT (so no Thunderbolt) + maybe the pcie adapter requires an x1 port. General suggestion: just switch to OpenCore!

Thank you for helping!!

@djlild7hina Yes, I did all the things you mentioned besides OpenCore. I should really give it a try.

@pieropontra slide=0 didn't help either, unfortunately. I tested with an SMBIOS representing my actual hardware (Slots 0/2/4/6 each 2933MHz, 32768MB). What exactly do you mean by calculating slide value?

I can't understand correlation between ram slots and SMBIOS. to you too: just switch to OpenCore.

General advice is to switch to OpenCore, it requires a bit of understanding and reading at first place but It's totally worth it! Check the X299 OpenCore support thread, there are some prebuilt EFIs helping you guys to start!

I read also that some kext are going to be developed for OpenCore from now on, notably the Acidanthera ones Lilu Weg AppleALC etc. (they develop OpenCore, so it's a safe bet)

just a quick overlook: no WEG.kext (so no DP output I suppose) + no TB3 SSDT (so no Thunderbolt) + maybe the pcie adapter requires an x1 port. General suggestion: just switch to OpenCore!
Thanks for your repply.
DP problem seems no lack of WEG(WhateverGreen?) caus I never used on others configs X299 . I will try.

I can't understand correlation between ram slots and SMBIOS. to you too: just switch to OpenCore.

General advice is to switch to OpenCore, it requires a bit of understanding and reading at first place but It's totally worth it! Check the X299 OpenCore support thread, there are some prebuilt EFIs helping you guys to start!

I read also that some kext are going to be developed for OpenCore from now on, notably the Acidanthera ones Lilu Weg AppleALC etc. (they develop OpenCore, so it's a safe bet)
Slots not very important on Apple machines but is on PCs. On Intel we have two plat forms: dual and quad channel. X299 is Quad channel plat form wich have 8 slots. But I don't know if have a correlation with SMBIOS.

I don't know OpenCore; I'm a IT repair not a programmer. I've make many hacks with Clover just fine even on X299 plat forms. But this last not yet...:)

Did you flash your BIOS with UEFITool? Above 4G Encoding enabled in BIOS? I saw that you have the SSDT-AWAC.aml so that's good. I'm not familiar with clover anymore but have you tried OpenCore?
I received today my thunderbolt flashed....firmware flashed is "GC-TITAN-RIDGE-NVM23-Elias64Fr.bin"...I 've a question...I must use the thunderbolt header cable?

I received today my thunderbolt flashed....firmware flashed is "GC-TITAN-RIDGE-NVM23-Elias64Fr.bin"...I 've a question...I must use the thunderbolt header cable?

No, You can jump pins 3 and 5 (the furthest away from the pcie slot and the middle one).

No, You can jump pins 3 and 5 (the furthest away from the pcie slot and the middle one).
But it’s mandatory? I read somewhere that jump pins is for motherboard without thunderbolt header onboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back