Register

Asus X299 - Support

Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX X299 Gaming-E
CPU
i9 7940x
Graphics
Radeon 5500XT 8GB
Forget sleep on any Hackintosh. Just enjoy it.

haha thanks. I’m thinking it may be part of a bigger problem. Like a timing issue because I am getting audio crackles with my Apogee and audio over DisplayPort. I tried both the AWAC and the RC0 aml. Tried also changing the layout of the applealc.

Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 SAGE/10G
CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have working sleep :headbang::lol:

Probably partially. :mrgreen:

haha thanks. I’m thinking it may be part of a bigger problem. Like a timing issue because I am getting audio crackles with my Apogee and audio over DisplayPort. I tried both the AWAC and the RC0 aml. Tried also changing the layout of the applealc.

I used to have crackling audio issues on DP. Moved to a Radeon VII and all problems went away.

Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime Deluxe
CPU
i9 9960X
Graphics
MSI AMD Radeon VII 16 GB GDDR5
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Probably partially. :mrgreen:

I used to have crackling audio issues on DP. Moved to a Radeon VII and all problems went away.

But Im with Radeon VII and problems happens jajaja

Nothing Guys, any idea?

Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime Deluxe
CPU
i9 9960X
Graphics
MSI AMD Radeon VII 16 GB GDDR5
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
so you have also audio problems like me in my video??

Motherboard
Asus PRIME X299-A
CPU
i7-7820X
Graphics
MSI REFRENCE RX5700XT 8GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Sounds the same, but I don't need to scroll or do anything. Just open a youtube video, or open a video on VLC, INNA... same glith, and if I don'ts switch in MIDI Audio Settings, sometimes the audio just gone completly. Try to change the ports... I don't have more idea.

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299 Edition 30
CPU
I9-7900X
Graphics
GTX 1080 / Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I got some new hardware and would like to do another hack, but where do i start? KGP's old guide is outdated and this thread while having tons of information in it never really generated its own guide to continue on from where KGP left off and I am sorry but if anyone thinks it is ok to just say "Read the Thread" there are TWO HUNDRED THIRTY FIVE pages, thats to much for one person to go through and cherry pick information that may or may not pertain to them.

new hardware in signature

djlild7hina

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
AMD RX 580
So I got some new hardware and would like to do another hack, but where do i start? KGP's old guide is outdated and this thread while having tons of information in it never really generated its own guide to continue on from where KGP left off and I am sorry but if anyone thinks it is ok to just say "Read the Thread" there are TWO HUNDRED THIRTY FIVE pages, thats to much for one person to go through and cherry pick information that may or may not pertain to them.

new hardware in signature

Id recommend jumping to OpenCore. Refer to post 1

djlild7hina

Retired
Motherboard
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
AMD RX 580
@PhantomHelix, I looked at your sig and I would recommend installing windows first then removing that ssd and installing macOS on the second one. Might be easier to remove the 1080 too. (We can disable that in macOS later). Also make sure to patch your BIOS and add SSDT-RTC0. Everything is outlined in post 1 of the OpenCore thread and the BASE-EFI is a good starting point. Any questions feel free to ask good luck!

djlild7hina

Retired
Motherboard
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
AMD RX 580

I heard this was an issue with the deluxe boards. The sage doesn’t have this issue. Might need to search back in kgps thread