- Apr 18, 2011
- ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore
- AMD RX 580
I plan to upgrade my CPU from i9-7900X to i9-10940X, and I’m wondering what I have exactly to do on a X299 Mark 1 with Clover last version.
Here is what I have already been able to gather about this. Correct me if I’m wrong.
So, people who have already jump to 10th gen, is it enough?
- Upgrade to BIOS 2002 and avoid like the plague the last version 3006.
- In bios, enable Above4GDecoding.
- Change IOCPUNumber in TSCAdjustReset.kext according to the number of my cores, and insert it in Kext/Others (in my case 19 > 27)
- Add Cascade-Lake X fix in Clover/ACPI/patched. Tonzone had given me SSDT-X299-CascadeLakeFix.aml at post #2,157, it should be good for my config.
Thank in advance for your help. I’m pretty sure it will interest a lot of people to have all the necessary advice put together in one post.
Please, no OpenCore advice.
Yes, that sounds about right. You may not even need the Cascade Lake fix since your board is a pre Cascade Lake X refresh board and you're using BIOS 2002 and not 3006.
I would update your Clover first with the 7900x and make sure everything works then swapping to 10940x