Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not been enjoying the noise from my liquid cooling so I bought the new Corsair A500 air cooler. It is awesome. Quiet, keeps CPU cool at 35-42 celcius. Very large but fits nicely. Fans are adjustable up or down for extra height. Slot 1 is close but not unusable. I like it!

Attachments

• A500c.jpg
    A500c.jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 84
  • A500b.jpg
    A500b.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 97
  • A500a.jpg
    A500a.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 89
I have not been enjoying the noise from my liquid cooling so I bought the new Corsair A500 air cooler. It is awesome. Quiet, keeps CPU cool at 35-42 celcius. Very large but fits nicely. Fans are adjustable up or down for extra height. Slot 1 is close but not unusable. I like it!

This new Corsair A500 looks powerful and much bigger than my Noctua NH-D14.

Yes, now I see the BIOS for Asus X299 Prime Ed 30 is not the same. But You can boot X299 Prime A, Prime De Luxe and others X299 Prime with the same key install cause this boards have the same bios and same chip.

I will change the board on Amazon...
I've changed the board. I Got Asus Prime X299 DeLuxe II. But the problem seems the same. On the KGP guide he's talk about Asus Prime X299 DeLuxe; I've been installede Mojave on Asus Prime X299 A sussesfully. The 2 boards have the same bios(actualy 2000). But in DeLuxe II bios is 802 and the last new is 3006.
In DeLuxe II install stop with no-entry sign with above 4G decoding enable. It's seems impossible to disable it; if I try, computer start on black screen. Bios 802.

i9 9940X
Asus Prime X299 DeLuxe II
Corsaire Vengeance RGB Pro 128Go (8x8) 3200Mhz c 16
Radeon RX Vega 64
PSU Corsaire HX1000i

Quick follow up about my last post, which had no replies, to add that I managed to solve my random KP problem.
I updated Clover and that was enough.
I was using the clover's version in KPG's Mojave guide (I am on Mojave), I deleted it from the EFI partition and replaced with the last one, and then put back in place the config, the SSDTs and the kexts relevant to me. Since then, the system has been running straight for three days with no KPs.
So I can say that the Asus X299 TUF Mark 1 beautifully works 100% in Mojave!!

I quick follow up about my last post too: install finished....solved changing usb key install on another motherboard usb port.:mrgreen:

Following KGP's guide for Mojave install. Trying to install 10.14.6. Don't think I missed any steps but I get a X when trying to boot the installer from USB. (Clover does load.)

My specs:
Processor: 10980xe
Board: ASUS X299 Sage/10G
Graphics: Radeon VII
also have a raid card installed (confirmed works with OSX, had it in my old hack.)

Anyone have any ideas? Do I have to modify his guide for Cascade Lake-X or the 10.14.6?

Also, is there any way to do m.2 wifi on this board?

Thanks

Following KGP's guide for Mojave install. Trying to install 10.14.6. Don't think I missed any steps but I get a X when trying to boot the installer from USB. (Clover does load.)

My specs:
Processor: 10980xe
Board: ASUS X299 Sage/10G
Graphics: Radeon VII
also have a raid card installed (confirmed works with OSX, had it in my old hack.)

Anyone have any ideas? Do I have to modify his guide for Cascade Lake-X or the 10.14.6?

Also, is there any way to do m.2 wifi on this board?

Thanks

new 10th gen. CPUs seems to be trickier at the moment, related to bios microcode I read somewhere.

Have you been able to boot macOS from RAID 0 nvmes ?

new 10th gen. CPUs seems to be trickier at the moment, related to bios microcode I read somewhere.

Have you been able to boot macOS from RAID 0 nvmes ?
I updated to the newest clover and turned Above 4g Decoding to ON. Boot and installed fine. But my NVME on my raid card showed up as external and the kext to stay in HFS+ did not work. Going to reinstall and try a different method...

I updated to the newest clover and turned Above 4g Decoding to ON. Boot and installed fine. But my NVME on my raid card showed up as external and the kext to stay in HFS+ did not work. Going to reinstall and try a different method...
With this key install, try put out raid. Take only one nvme for install on m2 port on motherboard for sure isn't raid in this platform is the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back