Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's true... few posts gone too far from main subject, but it's good if we can simply say things as very nice moderator who UtterDisbelief, who done his job really great, he mentioned what's the problem and proposed a perfect solution on the same time. (Not like most of others.... it will be better if I don't mention about others...)
Of course it's great if some other friendly person can "wake up" us to don't go too far etc with our little conversations,
especially when we remember X bans on great users or simple users like me from past time...
(sometimes it's a bad joke, sometimes it's a good lesson to keep forum clean for everybody etc) :)
On the same time when we stick to our X299 places (on forum), we can easily forgot administration job, which can
be quite boring after few hours of cleaning everywhere... - then we have results which we know all... :crazy:

OK so coming back to main subject I was trying to use my whole internet bandwidth with
something like Ethernet Link Aggregation on Mac OS, which I didn't know before,
but it can be interesting for people who have their routers/switches etc with 802.3ad (LACP) support :)
In can be useful to use when you want achieve better connection speed and as security for example
if you have a cat, dog, rat or something which could eat 1 of your 2 LAN cables :p

It's not important!-My crazy "I want more" - for my internet connection which should be 2Gbps,

and unfortunately only 1Gbps per device/lan port....,
but that Ethernet Link Aggregation
(link here) on your OSX can be useful for people who use few internet connections,
and want to bridge it.... and for example users with
different NAS devices etc (especially without 10Gbps cards etc)
I found cheap solution for that but I can't say nothing more without buying and tests before.

* Now... I would like to ask again (people who use AppleWatch to unlock their system)
if it works correctly on our X299 builds, if we don't need anything else, any modifications etc? :)

* Last thing...
In last weeks I made a loooot of changes/test etc with 3-4 different OC and Clover configs for 10.14 and 10.15, but what I wanted to know at this moment: Do I / We still need these PRxx replacements (mentioned in KGP guide)? :think:

A little tool for macOS that emulates trackpad gestures and smooth scrolling with a mouse:

I personally use the G703 (without the Hero sensor) and a Wacom tablet (not on the desk all the time). The G703 is probably the best mouse I've ever owned. The keyboard is a space gray apple wireless one.

Last edited:
Do I / We still need these PRxx replacements (mentioned in KGP guide)? :think:

No, you absolutely do not. There was a significant amount of KGP's guide that involved patching device names for cosmetic reasons - ie, making your PC hardware look like an iMac Pro from an IOReg perspective - and it's simply not necessary.

macOS doesn't care if your CPUs appear as CP01 or as PR01 in the device tree - they're still CPUs, and it'll use them.

No, you absolutely do not. There was a significant amount of KGP's guide that involved patching device names for cosmetic reasons - ie, making your PC hardware look like an iMac Pro from an IOReg perspective - and it's simply not necessary.

macOS doesn't care if your CPUs appear as CP01 or as PR01 in the device tree - they're still CPUs, and it'll use them.

Strongly agree : sometime TSCadjustreset does the job as well , and in my case i9-7940x , PRxx replacements do not work anyway.

Last edited:
That's true... few posts gone too far from main subject, but it's good if we can simply say things as very nice moderator who UtterDisbelief, who done his job really great, he mentioned what's the problem and proposed a perfect solution on the same time. (Not like most of others.... it will be better if I don't mention about others...)
Of course it's great if some other friendly person can "wake up" us to don't go too far etc with our little conversations,
especially when we remember X bans on great users or simple users like me from past time...
(sometimes it's a bad joke, sometimes it's a good lesson to keep forum clean for everybody etc) :)
On the same time when we stick to our X299 places (on forum), we can easily forgot administration job, which can
be quite boring after few hours of cleaning everywhere... - then we have results which we know all... :crazy:

OK so coming back to main subject I was trying to use my whole internet bandwidth with
something like Ethernet Link Aggregation on Mac OS, which I didn't know before,
but it can be interesting for people who have their routers/switches etc with 802.3ad (LACP) support :)
In can be useful to use when you want achieve better connection speed and as security for example
if you have a cat, dog, rat or something which could eat 1 of your 2 LAN cables :p

It's not important!-My crazy "I want more" - for my internet connection which should be 2Gbps,

and unfortunately only 1Gbps per device/lan port....,
but that Ethernet Link Aggregation
(link here) on your OSX can be useful for people who use few internet connections,
and want to bridge it.... and for example users with
different NAS devices etc (especially without 10Gbps cards etc)
I found cheap solution for that but I can't say nothing more without buying and tests before.

* Now... I would like to ask again (people who use AppleWatch to unlock their system)
if it works correctly on our X299 builds, if we don't need anything else, any modifications etc? :)

* Last thing...
In last weeks I made a loooot of changes/test etc with 3-4 different OC and Clover configs for 10.14 and 10.15, but what I wanted to know at this moment: Do I / We still need these PRxx replacements (mentioned in KGP guide)? :think:

I also got problems with Apple Watch In Catalina. In Mojave I had perfect usage (unlock + double click for password) but now double click for password works great but when system wakes up monitor, it tries to unlock but a few seconds later it asks me for password. Maybe something related to the T2 chip security?

Excuse me for going off topic a bit, I simply thought would be funny to light chat a bit here and there... again... sorry guys.

I also got problems with Apple Watch In Catalina. In Mojave I had perfect usage (unlock + double click for password) but now double click for password works great but when system wakes up monitor, it tries to unlock but a few seconds later it asks me for password. Maybe something related to the T2 chip security?

Excuse me for going off topic a bit, I simply thought would be funny to light chat a bit here and there... again... sorry guys.
Thank for info about Watch, it's some detail which can be another "- minus" on someone list "+/-" before full migration on Catalina. That's why for everyday (4/5 of time) usage - I stay on Mojave. Of course in next days after receiving that watch I will test it and if I have the same problem as you - I will find solution how to fix it and share in Catalina thread ;)

@tonyarnold I wanted to confirm if it's purely cosmetic - nothing to do with later CPU management by OSX or something like that - As I wasn't available some time when they talk about that, now it's good to know and be sure :)

Titan Ridge must go into Slot 2 on SAGE/10G.

Look at my PCIe layout here for reference:

Ok ... so I built a 9900X with 64GB of RAM over the weekend on the Asus Sage 10G WS X299. (This week is already insane, and it's only Monday).

So here's where I'm a little confused.

I ordered the same Silverstone adapter and the adapter cable you recommended- Amazon is late to deliver so I won't be able to power the Bluetooth/Wifi card until I get that stuff. (My case has the 19 pin connector for the front USB-A ports and a seperate USB-C header).

The BCM94360CS2 WIFI/BT Combo Card is going into slot 1 (I followed your thread as quoted above) - that will get powered by the Silverstone USB adapter you recommended (as I'm using that 19 pin connector for front I/O). So far so good right? lol

Forgive me slightly, hadn't built a machine since the build in my signature (Sandy Bridge days) ... so this was daunting and a little refreshing to say the least (so sad ... I used to do this all the time like 15 years ago).

Also I gotta ask, why does the Titan Ridge card require a USB 2.0 header?

Ok ... so I built a 9900X with 64GB of RAM over the weekend on the Asus Sage 10G WS X299. (This week is already insane, and it's only Monday).

So here's where I'm a little confused.

I ordered the same Silverstone adapter and the adapter cable you recommended- Amazon is late to deliver so I won't be able to power the Bluetooth/Wifi card until I get that stuff. (My case has the 19 pin connector for the front USB-A ports and a seperate USB-C header).

The BCM94360CS2 WIFI/BT Combo Card is going into slot 1 (I followed your thread as quoted above) - that will get powered by the Silverstone USB adapter you recommended (as I'm using that 19 pin connector for front I/O). So far so good right? lol

Forgive me slightly, hadn't built a machine since the build in my signature (Sandy Bridge days) ... so this was daunting and a little refreshing to say the least (so sad ... I used to do this all the time like 15 years ago).

I would put gpu in slot 1 or 5, wifi/bt combo powered by internal 19 pin header, silverstone USB adapter for the front panel.

The usb 2 cable for the titan ridge isn’t necessary unless you connect a usb 2 device to the thunderbolt 3 ports.

I would put gpu in slot 1 or 5, wifi/bt combo powered by internal 19 pin header, silverstone USB adapter for the front panel.

Is there a major difference using the Silverstone for the front panel vs the on-board? I'm assuming doing it the way you're suggesting would make life easier once I get to the USB assignment of things right?

The usb 2 cable for the titan ridge isn’t necessary unless you connect a usb 2 device to the thunderbolt 3 ports.

Good to know! Surprised the chipset on the Titan Ridge can't figure out USB 2.0. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back