Register

Asus X299 - Support

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299-Deluxe II
CPU
i9-7960X
Graphics
Vega 64
Be patient and read the messages here and do some research: other people have the same mobo.
Here is my Clover 5096 EFI folder that works for Catalina and Mojave (Catalina should be the best option more easier to install)

I simply delete unnecessary SSDT (you will add yours after installation) and serial number.
Thanks @Loloflatsix, I had to reset my bios after messing around with the 4G setting and re-went through each of the BIOS settings and this time it let me get to through the first stage of installation but upon re-boot, it successfully goes through the verbose and starts the installation (apple logo with bar) but doesn't move after that. Will try doing it again with the EFI you provided :)

Also thanks @pieropontra I will do some digging.

Motherboard
Asus X299 WS Sage
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
Keep in mind I read somewhere (can’t remember Where) Evo Plus series Doesn’t work with macOS.
@sambirch19 : Yes, the EVO plus is not recommended. Try with another drive (any other drive, even a spinning rotational hard drive). If you can return the EVO plus, then when you get the new replacement NVMe drive, you can just backup and restore onto your new NVMe drive.

The HP EX950 2TB is a very decent choice (I had one, and I still have the 1TB on my secondard system) and it's available on e-Bay from licensed dealers for ~270. I currently use an Addlink 2TB - it's not a well known brand, but so far, for me, it's been great. I got it from Amazon, but as its new and the brand is new, maybe HP, WD, Samsung Pro, those might be a better choice for you. They all have drives that will work well in hackintoshes....

Here's an example, right now, on e-Bay from Newegg (a licensed dealer for HP): 1TB HPEX950 $134.....and they sell WD, the Samsung Pro (that will work with your system on a Hackintosh) so, check out Newegg, either at their site, or on e-Bay, for deals. And, if you feel like taking a chance, you could try the Addlink on Amazon. There are lots of places to get good drives that are fully compatible with Hackintosh installations...

Hope this is helpful in some way.....all the best.....

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Prime X299-Deluxe II
CPU
i9-7960X
Graphics
Vega 64
Thanks everyone! @mm2margaret @Loloflatsix @pieropontra :) got it working thanks to your EFI @Loloflatsix and also dual booting Windows off the same Samsung NVMe :) Only thing for anyone trying it is that the LTSC version of windows 10 didn't work for me, just kept coming up with the BSoD after install restart. However 10 Pro worked first time. I have no problems with the EVO plus now OSX is installed but I will keep here updated if that changes.

Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9 - 7900X
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Keep in mind I read somewhere (can’t remember Where) Evo Plus series Doesn’t work with macOS.
So I can say - 970 EVO Plus - work very well today
My friend bought it about 2 months ago - yes - 1st he had update firmware (without it was little problem) :p
- then he used without any problems Mojave 14.5 then 14.6
and last 3 days he is on Catalina Final (of course the same 1Tb EVO Plus) :)

Motherboard
Asus X299 WS Sage
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
So I can say - 970 EVO Plus - work very well today
My friend bought it about 2 months ago - yes - 1st he had update firmware (without it was little problem) :p
- then he used without any problems Mojave 14.5 then 14.6
and last 3 days he is on Catalina Final (of course the same 1Tb EVO Plus) :)
Yes, but with a firmware update, is that right?

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299 De Luxe
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello @mgregrs , today I tested your .aml, but I think it is missing the acpi conversions of SL1-AXHC, SL2-AXHD, etc ... I send you your modified .aml, it will be necessary to eliminate the model in the four sections "model" of the hard disk (Samsung Pro etc ...) and add in the ACPI of the config.plist the four replacements, anyway, if you have a better way to create, improve or reduce the code of your .aml (I am a newbie in this :crazy: ) do not hesitate to send it to me and try it again. Excited to be able to help with something! :)

Attachments

Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9 - 7900X
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello @mgregrs , today I tested your .aml, but I think it is missing the acpi conversions of SL1-AXHC, SL2-AXHD, etc ... I send you your modified .aml, it will be necessary to eliminate the model in the four sections "model" of the hard disk (Samsung Pro etc ...) and add in the ACPI of the config.plist the four replacements, anyway, if you have a better way to create, improve or reduce the code of your .aml (I am a newbie in this :crazy: ) do not hesitate to send it to me and try it again. Excited to be able to help with something! :)
Hello @WoodCabin ;)
I've done a BIG upgrade of my whole thread about that - especially for Catalina users with Clover :D
Check it out and then today or tomorrow let me know there -> ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 card V2 thread
PS: Even if you are newbie you can understand more inside thread about that ;)

BTW it was your photo yesterday if I remember well :confused:
WhatsApp Image 2019-10-17 at 17.04.36.jpeg

I don't remember if I mentioned before - that *.aml was for Catalina,
for Mojave few things change - I still prepare all details in ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 card V2 thread :)

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASRock X299 Professional Gaming XE
CPU
i9-7980xe
Graphics
Vega
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi all,

After reading this forum a lot and my Mac coming to the end of its days, I decided to make the leap to building a Hackintosh. Specs as follows...

Motherboard — Asus Prime X299-Deluxe II ATX LGA2066 Motherboard
CPU — Intel Core i9-7960X 2.8 GHz 16-Core Processor
I'm confused on why you would use a 3 generation old CPU when the new 10xxx are out and cost half the price.