Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
A note on 1102 BIOS for SAGE10

DO NOT update. I am having major issues in Premiere and certain devices are getting drop outs.

I am trying to revert back to 0905 but ASUS won't let me do that because there's some new Intel mitigation in the latest bios and the microcode.

BIOS flashback won't take the previous BIOS either.

Trying a few other things.

EDIT:

Others having similar issues.

EDIT2: I forgot you had to make your BIOS FLASHBACK USB stick FAT32 but formatted as MBR and not GUID (which is what Windows does by default). So formatting the stick properly, then naming the BIOS to WSXTG.CAP, you will be able to flash back with the BIOS flashback feature (check the manual).

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 9.47.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 9.48.02 PM.png

EDIT 3: 0905 fixed all the issues. Definitely related to Above 4G option, if enabled devices work, but there's heavy stuttering and instability in GPU heavy applications such as Premiere Pro.

Rolling back to 0905 gets rid of all these issues.

Above 4G disabled did not help and actually disabled all onboard USB.

Just wasted 4 hours on this, thanks ASUS :banghead:

Last edited:

A note on 1102 BIOS for SAGE10

DO NOT update. I am having major issues in Premiere and certain devices are getting drop outs.

I am trying to revert back to 0905 but ASUS won't let me do that because there's some new Intel mitigation in the latest bios and the microcode.

BIOS flashback won't take the previous BIOS either.

Trying a few other things.

EDIT:

Others having similar issues.

EDIT2: I forgot you had to make your BIOS FLASHBACK USB stick FAT32 but formatted as MBR and not GUID (which is what Windows does by default). So formatting the stick properly, then naming the BIOS to WSXTG.CAP, you will be able to flash back with the BIOS flashback feature (check the manual).

View attachment 421849

View attachment 421850

EDIT 3: 0905 fixed all the issues. Definitely related to Above 4G option, if enabled devices work, but there's heavy stuttering and instability in GPU heavy applications such as Premiere Pro.

Rolling back to 0905 gets rid of all these issues.

Above 4G disabled did not help and actually disabled all onboard USB.

Just wasted 4 hours on this, thanks ASUS :banghead:

Sorry you had to deal with that, but glad you could go back to 0905. Hopefully ASUS releases a fixed version soon.

Sorry you had to deal with that, but glad you could go back to 0905. Hopefully ASUS releases a fixed version soon.

it’s ok hopefully it helps others avoid the update for now. I emailed asus about the issues hope they fix it/take it down. :thumbup:

EDIT: It seems ASUS will be taking 1102 down due to customer complaints.

Last edited:
I noticed I am still on BIOS 1401 for the Prime Deluxe.
I see there are 3 newer versions, 1503, 1704, and 1902. Can anyone confirm how far up I can go safely? I've been seeing a lot of rollbacks so I just want to make sure.

Thank you in advance!

I'm on 1902 and it seems okay. I didn't like 1704, but 1902 seems fine....so far....

I'm on 1902 and it seems okay. I didn't like 1704, but 1902 seems fine....so far....
Did you have to do anything special to it or just disable the MSR lock?
And did you do it through BIOS or did you have to do via USB flashback?

Thank you again!

Just disable MSR lock, it's an option in the BIOS now.

After you rename the bios to X299D.cap (I think that's what you have to rename it as - always double check with Asus) and you do the BIOS flashback routine, you may have to reset your bios by removing the battery, just an fyi....

And all of your bios settings will be gone, so either do screen shots or use the text file to get your system back to the BIOS settings it was before you updated....

Does anyone have a readymade USB Kext for a X299 WS Sage (not 10g) they would be willing to share? Or if anyone knows whether it's likely that the Sage (non 10g) would be the same as the Sage(10g) in the KGP XHC github? I will guess that it's not...

Does anyone have a readymade USB Kext for a X299 WS Sage (not 10g) they would be willing to share? Or if anyone knows whether it's likely that the Sage (non 10g) would be the same as the Sage(10g) in the KGP XHC github? I will guess that it's not...

You will have to make a new one as the Sage 10G has an extra 2 USB 3, 4 USB 2 on the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back