Contribute
Register

ASUS X299 Monterey/Ventura Support

what issues are you having in following the guide?
Hey Fear, just went back to what Casey had instructed me to do from the last time to create a serial for my OS and everything worked just fine. Now I have a serial and also can get into my iMessages as well. Thank you for your help and challenging myself to go back and follow what was instructed before. :cool:

I was curious, what do we call the "ASUS X299 Monterey Support" post now, Montétura, or Venteréy? Let's take a vote!

I was curious, what do we call the "ASUS X299 Monterey Support" post now, Montétura, or Venteréy? Let's take a vote!
create a new thread in Ventura Desktop Support

Or I can move this thread over to Ventura Support if needs be?

create a new thread in Ventura Desktop Support

Or I can move this thread over to Ventura Support if needs be?
Yeah, I'm thinking is there a way that you could move part of this thread starting from Page 68 / Post #762 to be able to create a new thread for the "ASUS X299 Ventura" crowd? If there is a way to make this happen, great. If not, then I think the wise thing to do is move this entire thread (since a lot of this stuff IS dealing with the transition FROM Monterey TO Ventura), and we've been talking about it here anyway. Maybe title it, "ASUS X299 Monterey/Ventura Support." Just my thoughts. You obviously know this way better than I do. By the way, thanks for doing this and all your help! :cool:

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm thinking is there a way that you could move part of this thread starting from Page 68 / Post #762? If there is great. If not, then I think the wise thing to do is move this entire thread (since a lot of this stuff IS dealing with the transition FROM Monterey TO Ventura), and we've been talking about it here anyway. Maybe title it, "ASUS X299 Monterey/Ventura Support." Just my thoughts. By the way thanks for doing this! :cool:
moved the entire thread :)

Hi Fear and 7hina, I'm just posting here to find out if I were to update OC from v0.8.5 to v0.8.6, you mentioned before to download the latest OC (which I did), but I also downloaded 7hina's base EFI folder. What I'm curious about is do I take from what is in the folders of v0.8.5 and replace:
  • EFI/BOOT/BOOTx64.efi
  • EFI/OC/OpenCore.efi
  • EFI/OC/Drivers/OpenRuntime.efi
with what is in the folders of the NEW OC v0.8.6 and put those new files in place of where those other files are? Would that then update my OC to the newest one? Or am I messing this process up? Let me know, thanks.

Hi Fear and 7hina, I'm just posting here to find out if I were to update OC from v0.8.5 to v0.8.6, you mentioned before to download the latest OC (which I did), but I also downloaded 7hina's base EFI folder. What I'm curious about is do I take from what is in the folders of v0.8.5 and replace:
  • EFI/BOOT/BOOTx64.efi
  • EFI/OC/OpenCore.efi
  • EFI/OC/Drivers/OpenRuntime.efi
with what is in the folders of the NEW OC v0.8.6 and put those new files in place of where those other files are? Would that then update my OC to the newest one? Or am I messing this process up? Let me know, thanks.
do not mix and match

Back