Contribute
Register

ASUS X299 Monterey/Ventura Support

In that case, I can start experimenting with it and see how it goes. I have another build where I update manually and update config by using the compare tool. I'll give that a try with the x299 build and see if all works using OC 085. Thank you again!
Hey Spyder, just following up to see how things are going with you and if you need any help. By the way, hope you got the EFI file that 7hina put together? Let me know.

Hi Feartech (and anyone else that can possibly help). Everything is working fine with Ventura, but for some strange reason iMessage is not working where I can connect to it. Is it because I don't have a serial number? Called Apple and they couldn't even connect with my computer to find out the issue. If I can't use it, I can just use my phone anyway. Just asking, that's all. Thanks.

Attachments

• 2022-11-05_22-59-34.jpg
    2022-11-05_22-59-34.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 27
Hi Feartech (and anyone else that can possibly help). Everything is working fine with Ventura, but for some strange reason iMessage is not working where I can connect to it. Is it because I don't have a serial number? Called Apple and they couldn't even connect with my computer to find out the issue. If I can't use it, I can just use my phone anyway. Just asking, that's all. Thanks.

Yes you need a serial number to use iMessage. I'm waiting for Nov's release to update the BASE-EFI one final time

yes, you need a serial number etc

use:
https://github.com/corpnewt/GenSMBIOS

to generate appropriate serials for your system definition

and then make sure to test the generate serial on:
before you use it on your system

more info here:

Yes you need a serial number to use iMessage. I'm waiting for Nov's release to update the BASE-EFI one final time
Great! Look forward to seeing that. Thank you!

yes, you need a serial number etc

use:
https://github.com/corpnewt/GenSMBIOS

to generate appropriate serials for your system definition

and then make sure to test the generate serial on:
before you use it on your system

more info here:
Hi Fear, I had issues trying to follow the links you provided. I know that 7hina posted pics and an explanation that showed how to do that earlier in this post (somewhere starting on page 48 I think). Do I need to follow that process still? Let me know, thanks.

Hi Fear, I had issues trying to follow the links you provided. I know that 7hina posted pics and an explanation that showed how to do that earlier in this post (somewhere starting on page 48 I think). Do I need to follow that process still? Let me know, thanks.
what issues are you having in following the guide?

what issues are you having in following the guide?
To be honest, I'm completely lost without someone showing me (step-by-step) how to do this. Like what 7hina did for me (Post #530 / Page 53) and Casey (Post #572 / Page 58). He showed me (literally), step-by-step with pics, how to figure things out. That's how I learn. Also, as I was typing this out, I found Post #576 / Pg 58, where Casey explained how to create a serial number. Do I just follow that procedure? Because I was able to do the way he showed me. Let me know if that's how to do it and I'll just do it that way. Thanks.

Jumping in here

WD SN750 has history of being golden based on direct experience and community reports

WD SN850 should be good too if you need PCIe 4, but I personally haven't tried it.

I just got a SK Hynix Platinum P41 (PCIe 4) and it is has been running super smooth on Asus z590 11th gen, Monterey 12.5.x.

Ther've been reports of serious probs with macOS on previous version SK Hynix Gold P31. I have also seen a report that a firmware update eliminated the prob. But idk. Ive seen none of that for P41. I've been daily driving P41 for last 3 weeks. Cloned it from a 980 Pro which went fast and flawlessly, it boots fastest ever, benches super high, and everything feels perfect. Not a hiccup so far. I don't use NVMeFix nor SetApfsTrimTimeout with this drive.

By comparison 980 Pro was a headache, with one having media errors and the replacement going Trim-wonky after latest Samsung firmware update.

But, however much I am pleased with SKHynix P41, I will contradict myself and say that based on my studies of reviews and known goodness for SN750, I suspect (but cannot demonstrate) that the WD SN850 is the best overall performing hack drive. So I judge it as the safest bet overall.

...Until it isn't... <grin>

Of course there are reported fine experiences with other more generic makes. Others will tell.

I say avoid both Samsung and Sabrent due to personally suffering awful pitfalls with both.
I have the 2TB WD BLACK SN750 and it works just fine. So I think you'll be just fine.

Back