Contribute
Register

ASUS X299 Monterey/Ventura Support

Last bios version 3701 for Sage 10G modified by me (thanks to @izo1 for publishing the editing guide) with addition of Apple Logo Splash Screen instead of Asus logo

Attachments

• WSX299 SAGE10G_Bios_3701_Apple_Logo.zip
    10 MB · Views: 34
Last bios version 3701 for Sage 10G modified by me (thanks to @izo1 for publishing the editing guide) with addition of Apple Logo Splash Screen instead of Asus logo
Hi Chessa, Sorry, I didn't any of this stuff you were asking for until now. I hope you got all info you needed. Is there anything that you need from me still? I'll see what I can provide. By the way 7hina has been an amazing help to me with my EFI folder files. Also, when it comes to my system, it is entirely water-cooled; the CPU and motherboard and GPU. Hope this helps. In my BIOS Settings: Everything that Lorengrin posted with his BIOS settings is identical to mine, except:

AI Tweaker:
b.) AVX Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset: "3"
c.) AVX-512 Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset: "2"

Also, with the CPU stuff, I didn't tweak that like he did. I just left it alone. Again, hope this info helps.

Last edited:
Hi Chessa, Sorry, I didn't any of this stuff you were asking for until now. I hope you got all info you needed. Is there anything that you need from me still? I'll see what I can provide. By the way 7hina has been an amazing help to me with my EFI folder files. Also, when it comes to my system, it is entirely water-cooled; the CPU and motherboard and GPU. Hope this helps. In my BIOS Settings: Everything that Lorengrin posted with his BIOS settings is identical to mine, except:

AI Tweaker:
b.) AVX Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset: "3"
c.) AVX-512 Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset: "2"

Also, with the CPU stuff, I didn't tweak that like he did. I just left it alone. Again, hope this info helps.

Hello @tucoboy
Thanks for your tips.
I only have the CPU cooled with EK-KIT P360. I tried the bios settings that @Lorengrin kindly provided me but my cooling system does not hold up: here there are currently 40 degrees of external temperature. Inside the house, the ambient temperature is above 30 degrees. In these conditions, by launching the passmark performance test, the CPU immediately reaches 95 degrees so that I am able to stop the test.
Patience, I will leave everything to default as always

Hello @tucoboy
Thanks for your tips.
I only have the CPU cooled with EK-KIT P360. I tried the bios settings that @Lorengrin kindly provided me but my cooling system does not hold up: here there are currently 40 degrees of external temperature. Inside the house, the ambient temperature is above 30 degrees. In these conditions, by launching the passmark performance test, the CPU immediately reaches 95 degrees so that I am able to stop the test.
Patience, I will leave everything to default as always
Yes, here the room temperature is 21 degrees, the outside about 12, so each environment is different.
I will make a direct die with der8auer Skylake-X Direct Die, in order to lower the temperature of the processor.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CH26JR1/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Last edited:
Just uploaded my last BASE-EFI (OC 083) with macOS Ventura support located on my GitHub here. I don't have any X299 hardware anymore or AMD GPUs so won’t be able to troubleshoot further releases or provide assistance.

You can also use the OCAuxillaryTools located here to update OpenCore and kexts.

Happy hacking and best of luck to everyone! It’s been fun

Last edited:
Greetings to all

I've been dealing with an annoying problem in my signature hack for months. The problem is this:
the slep does not work correctly: more precisely, the computer goes into slep but after a few seconds it wakes up. Then he goes back to sleep and wakes up after a few minutes. This cycle always continues like this and the pc wakes up and returns to random slep.

At first, due to little experience, I was convinced that the problem was with my Fenvi-T919 card. So I tried to change the card and mounted a different one: but the slep kept having the same problems.

So, I went deeper and ran the tests I should have done right away.

- First Test: I disconnected any connected USB device from the computer and I also disconnected the thunderbolt. I left the Wi-Fi card, monitor and network cable connected. Restarted, I did the NVRAM reset and tested the slep in these conditions: but they didn't help, the slep continues with the same problems.

- Second and last test: in this test, compared to the first, I also disconnected the Wi-Fi card. With the monitor and the network cable always connected. but nothing, even removing the Wi-Fi card the slep presents the same problems.

I ran tests 1 and 2 on both Monterey and Ventura Beta 3 and on both operating systems I had the exact same results.

The cause of the problems with the slep?

The results are indicated, as to the cause of the incorrect functioning of the slep in the attached screen obtained by launching the terminal and executing the command
Code:
 pmset -g assertions
and in even more detail in the text output - attached to this post - obtained by launching terminal and executing the command
Code:
pmset -g log

The solution to slep problems?
I do not know her. If you have any suggestions, advice or ideas please have your say!

Thank you

Attachments

• screenshot_42.png
    screenshot_42.png
    118 KB · Views: 40
  • pmset -g log.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 26
Greetings to all

I've been dealing with an annoying problem in my signature hack for months. The problem is this:
the slep does not work correctly: more precisely, the computer goes into slep but after a few seconds it wakes up. Then he goes back to sleep and wakes up after a few minutes. This cycle always continues like this and the pc wakes up and returns to random slep.

At first, due to little experience, I was convinced that the problem was with my Fenvi-T919 card. So I tried to change the card and mounted a different one: but the slep kept having the same problems.

So, I went deeper and ran the tests I should have done right away.

- First Test: I disconnected any connected USB device from the computer and I also disconnected the thunderbolt. I left the Wi-Fi card, monitor and network cable connected. Restarted, I did the NVRAM reset and tested the slep in these conditions: but they didn't help, the slep continues with the same problems.

- Second and last test: in this test, compared to the first, I also disconnected the Wi-Fi card. With the monitor and the network cable always connected. but nothing, even removing the Wi-Fi card the slep presents the same problems.

I ran tests 1 and 2 on both Monterey and Ventura Beta 3 and on both operating systems I had the exact same results.

The cause of the problems with the slep?

The results are indicated, as to the cause of the incorrect functioning of the slep in the attached screen obtained by launching the terminal and executing the command
Code:
 pmset -g assertions
and in even more detail in the text output - attached to this post - obtained by launching terminal and executing the command
Code:
pmset -g log

The solution to slep problems?
I do not know her. If you have any suggestions, advice or ideas please have your say!

Thank you

I had the same problem, and it started when I connected the Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge card. When I removed it, the problem continued. I reinstalled the system and it's working fine. I'm flashing the SPI ROM chip, and according to what I've seen, it already allows me to enter sleep without any problem.

https://github.com/shinoki77/ASUS-X299-Hackintosh/tree/main/Thunderbolt

I had the same problem, and it started when I connected the Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge card. When I removed it, the problem continued. I reinstalled the system and it's working fine. I'm flashing the SPI ROM chip, and according to what I've seen, it already allows me to enter sleep without any problem.

https://github.com/shinoki77/ASUS-X299-Hackintosh/tree/main/Thunderbolt

@Lorengrin

Very interesting. But let me understand how you solved it.

Premise: i am using GC Titan Ridge with original fw and all the tests i have done to solve the slep problem i have always conducted them with this card. I have another GC Titan Ridge card with modified Firmware that I bought from the US over a year ago but have not used it.

Returning to your experience. If I understand correctly, correct me if I'm wrong, you solved the sleep problem by modifying the original GC Titan Ridge fw and then installing the system again?

Is that so or am I wrong?

Because in this case I could change the original Titan Ridge, mount the one with modified fw and see how the slep works

@Lorengrin

Very interesting. But let me understand how you solved it.

Premise: i am using GC Titan Ridge with original fw and all the tests i have done to solve the slep problem i have always conducted them with this card. I have another GC Titan Ridge card with modified Firmware that I bought from the US over a year ago but have not used it.

Returning to your experience. If I understand correctly, correct me if I'm wrong, you solved the sleep problem by modifying the original GC Titan Ridge fw and then installing the system again?

Is that so or am I wrong?

Because in this case I could change the original Titan Ridge, mount the one with modified fw and see how the slep works
Yes, try the modified card

Yes, try the modified card

@Lorengrin

Wow! I owe you! You got me out of days and days of inconclusive testing and a stressful time because of my hack.
I have no words to thank you!

I have mounted the Titan Ridge with flashed fw and since it is running I have not had problems with slep in the tests I have done. Both in Monterey and in Ventura beta. The system goes to sleep and no longer wakes up after a few seconds. He stays in slep until here I am the one to wake him up.

Back