Contribute
Register

ASUS X299 Monterey/Ventura Support

I had a very stable Hackintosh (Asus x299 TUF MK1, 7980XE, Sapphire RX590) running for three years, when all the sudden it started booting to black screen. The system itself is indeed running, as from another system I can access over the local network to the shared folders. It is running the latest Catalina with Clover. From the second system I then created a usb installer based on the OpenCore EFI shared on the first post of this thread, but that one also result in a boot to black screen. I tried connecting to a different Display Port or to DVI, but the monitor does not receive the signal.
I feel completely clueless..
I made some progress with my situation. The issue I have is not limited to MacOs. On another disk, I installed Win10. After the first boot to the windows desktop, as soon as I install the AMD Drivers, the screen goes black. If I restart the system, I can see the loading screen, but then it goes black as soon as it is supposed to show the desktop. It is so weird. I also use linux in another driver and it is the only system that is working perfectly. In fact, using linux somehow saved my as I could make a MacOs KVM and passthrough my MacOs disk, so that I could install LunaDisplay and now I can boot bare metal MacOs again and then use the ipad as my display, while the other monitor does not turn on...
I'd say there is something wrong with the display, but then why is everything working perfectly on Linux? and why I can still see the MacOs/Windows10 loading screens? It is so strange..

@Lorengrin

Now that the external temperature has cooled down, i tried overclocking again according to your bios settings. With the difference that i brought ALL CORE RATIO LIMIT: 45. Maximum temperature during the test 72 °C and this is the result obtained:

Made some progress and got the boot for the installer to get further.

Still seeing "SMCRTC: Cannot read PMY offset from SMC"

After that I'm seeing a bunch of NVME related stuff.

"AppleNVMe Assert Failed

Last edited:
Hello
I can't update to ventura 13.1
I have this message :
capture 2023-01-05 à 16.44.57.png

Is it a known issue ?
I have OC 0.8.5
Any ideas ?
Thanks
EDIT
i relaunch Software update. it seems to download the full installer (12GB)

Well I finally have my hackintosh with ventura installed and booting. I just wanted to thank everyone who helped me in this thread. I could do it without you!

Hey gang!

I am on 12.6.2 with OC 0.8.8 and considering making the leap to Ventura.

Is there anything I need to know or be aware of (besides the above mentioned Restrict Events bit) before making the attempt?

Hey gang!

I am on 12.6.2 with OC 0.8.8 and considering making the leap to Ventura.

Is there anything I need to know or be aware of (besides the above mentioned Restrict Events bit) before making the attempt?
Hey I went from 12.6.3 to 13.2 with no issues at all. I'm on x299 Asus Tuf Mark 1 with 10900x.

For me it feels even smoother on as it was on Monterey, wehre I had mds_stores at 100% CPU load for 10 minutes on fresh boot. With Ventura it is gone and my machine stays cooler!

There's also a system settings bug were the alert sound loops on dialog popups, which occurs also on real macs.
Has anyone a fix for that?

Hey I went from 12.6.3 to 13.2 with no issues at all. I'm on x299 Asus Tuf Mark 1 with 10900x.

For me it feels even smoother on as it was on Monterey, wehre I had mds_stores at 100% CPU load for 10 minutes on fresh boot. With Ventura it is gone and my machine stays cooler!

There's also a system settings bug were the alert sound loops on dialog popups, which occurs also on real macs.
Has anyone a fix for that?
That's great to know! I always notice that pesky mds_stores hog!

Back