Contribute
Register

ASUS X299 Monterey/Ventura Support

Hey @CaseySJ - sorry to bother, just curious if I can use the same AML file after I flash my current card or if I have to generate a new one after?

I’m assume if I flash the Titan Ridge v2 card I ordered I definitely can’t use my current AML, I’m understanding this correctly right?

Same AML should work as long as they're both Titan Ridge and both in the same slot.

I didn't have much luck with the ASUS ThunderboltEX 4 previously but that was when it first came out. The pin layout is different so you can't connect it to the motherboard but adding the TB4 AML had mixed results

Same AML should work as long as they're both Titan Ridge and both in the same slot.

I didn't have much luck with the ASUS ThunderboltEX 4 previously but that was when it first came out. The pin layout is different so you can't connect it to the motherboard but adding the TB4 AML had mixed results
So if I understand this correctly:

The Titan Ridge v1 and v2 cards can use the same AML- even after flashing?

Also, after your experience and others and a lack of info about the ThunderboltEX 4, I ultimately decided to go with a Gigabyte Titan Ridge v2 as the 2nd card.

So if I understand this correctly:

The Titan Ridge v1 and v2 cards can use the same AML- even after flashing?
Yes that's correct. Same AML can be used.

Yes that's correct. Same AML can be used.
Amazing, thank you!

If I wanted to add the new board in as a 2nd Thunderbolt 3 adapter, that’s when I’d have to generate a new AML correct?

Amazing, thank you!

If I wanted to add the new board in as a 2nd Thunderbolt 3 adapter, that’s when I’d have to generate a new AML correct?
Correct. Not only would root port be different, but we would need to specify a different Thunderbolt Bus ID in the DROM.

Hello @djbuddha,

Although I have not tested this myself (don't have any TB4 devices), others have reported encouraging results with NVM 67. This can be flashed to GC-Titan Ridge.
Update: I flashed NVM67 to the GC-Titan Ridge 2.0. Everything Thunderbolt 3 seemed to work no issue with no extra configuration. This Thunderbolt 4 dock howver, is not showing up.

Sanity checks:

Dock works with any Thunderbolt 3 cable/port on my 2019 Macbook Pro
Tried both ports on the GC-Titan Ridge 2.0
Caldigit TS3 (Thunderbolt 3) dock shows up and everything seems to be connected and working (minus the issues this specific dock has - same behavior as my GC-Titan Ridge 1.0 with the older firmware.

@CaseySJ you mentioned that others had encouraging results. Can you link any posts? I'm wondering what this could take lol

Update: I flashed NVM67 to the GC-Titan Ridge 2.0. Everything Thunderbolt 3 seemed to work no issue with no extra configuration. This Thunderbolt 4 dock howver, is not showing up.

Sanity checks:

Dock works with any Thunderbolt 3 cable/port on my 2019 Macbook Pro
Tried both ports on the GC-Titan Ridge 2.0
Caldigit TS3 (Thunderbolt 3) dock shows up and everything seems to be connected and working (minus the issues this specific dock has - same behavior as my GC-Titan Ridge 1.0 with the older firmware.

@CaseySJ you mentioned that others had encouraging results. Can you link any posts? I'm wondering what this could take lol
Please see this post:
It contains the original, unmodified NVM67. This is also worth trying -- it won't enable Thunderbolt Bus, but it was recommended for CalDigit TB4 Hub.

@CaseySJ

Is it safe to flash the card with this bin? I thought I needed to use the one from the repository.

If so - will the AML still work or will it need to be modified?

@CaseySJ

Is it safe to flash the card with this bin? I thought I needed to use the one from the repository.

If so - will the AML still work or will it need to be modified?
Yes it's okay. Inside the ZIP we need to choose this file:

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 2.28.14 PM.png

Back