Contribute
Register

ASUS X299 Monterey/Ventura Support

Well, a while ago that kinda stopped working. Trying it again and watched a new YouTube vid (done two months ago), where someone has a Hackintosh and was able to use CCC and showed how to do it. I'm waiting to see the results, as it's backing up right now. I'll let you know when I'm done. Isn't there another way to do this where you restart the machine and hold down Command+R? and then go into recovery. I've never done that before and don't desire to jack up my existing main hard drive. Any thoughts about going about doing it that way?

I'm not sure if that works for hacks as I've never done that. Think the best way is to get some kind of cloning software and try to boot from the clone first.

X299 is pretty outdated now so I wouldn't bother buying a new board unless you really needed one and can find one for cheap. Z690 seems to work pretty well

Yes Sage 10G is dated but Asus still updates the bios and this is not really bad. It goes great with Ventura too, and hacking with Sage 10G is fun. Personally, I will stay with it until I decide to permanently switch to Apple.

Yes Sage 10G is dated but Asus still updates the bios and this is not really bad. It goes great with Ventura too, and hacking with Sage 10G is fun. Personally, I will stay with it until I decide to permanently switch to Apple.

Yup the Sage/10G is probably the best board for X299 hackintosh

Okay great. Is this the SB X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB (pic below)? By the way, I'm going to only use this for my Logitech Z5500 5.1 surround sound computer speaker system. It can use Dolby Digital Pro Logic II, THX and DTS 24-bit 96KHz. I see that it can handle 5.1 24-bit 96KHz. Which is good.

UPDATE 7-11-22: I think I may have found a better external one... SoundBlaster X4. This thing has more connections, better db output and a new macOS app! That's a first. I'm going to try that one first and see what happens. But I am going to try the SB AE-7 out anyway, since I'm receiving it tomorrow. If what you're saying is true and it won't work with the X299 Mobo, then the X4 should work. We'll see tomorrow. I'll let you know either way. :cool:

UPDATE 7-12-22: Well, I put in the SB AE-7 and guess what? It didn't work. No pressure, I will be sending it back. Now I'm waiting (this coming Thursday), to get the SB X4. I'm sure that will work wonders!... or will it?...:?:

UPDATE 7-13-22: Wow! Is all I can say. The SoundBlaster X4 is PERFECT with the Logitech Z5500 5.1 Speaker Setup. For 12+ Years I've been using these with limited sound and these speakers SHINE sooooo much better now! Lorengrin, I don't know if you'll get this reply, but thank you for your help, at least getting me to do the research into SoundBlaster's products. Funny thing is I already own the SB X7 (DAC for my headphones in my bedroom for watching movies and shows) and the SB G6 (for upstairs TV viewing with my other headphones), and never thought about getting the SB X4 for my Hackintosh setup. It actually has it's own Mac software that works PERFECTLY! I believe the SB X4 is the (now) better replacement for unit you suggested (SB X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB). But again, THANK YOU for your input and help!!! :cool:
With pleasure.

One question, what cooling system do you use in your configuration? I now have the i9 7980EX

I'm not sure if that works for hacks as I've never done that. Think the best way is to get some kind of cloning software and try to boot from the clone first.

X299 is pretty outdated now so I wouldn't bother buying a new board unless you really needed one and can find one for cheap. Z690 seems to work pretty well
Like I mentioned before, everything worked will with CCC and I was able to reinstall Techtool Pro and it works fine now. Thanks for the input.

With pleasure.

One question, what cooling system do you use in your configuration? I now have the i9 7980EX
My setup is a custom water-cooled setup. I initially used flexible Tygon R-3603 medical tubing (available on eBay, but expensive $300 for 50 ft). I still have plenty of that tubing. I eventually went with Primochill's PETG tubing. I also, used EKWB's Mono Block for the X299 mobo. Hope this helps.

Yup the Sage/10G is probably the best board for X299 hackintosh
Sorry, maybe I should've clarified my question. What is currently the best mobo, along with the best CPU that is the most up to date setup currently for a Hackintosh? Just wondering. I mean, I'm happy with what I have currently and it's served me well over the last few years. Also, I know my system is outdated, but on eBay these mobos are still selling between $300 to $350 used. Just amazing.

Last edited:
Sorry, maybe I should've clarified my question. What is currently the best mobo, along with the best CPU that is the most up to date setup currently for a Hackintosh? Just wondering. I mean, I'm happy with what I have currently and it's served me well over the last few years. Also, I know my system is outdated, but on eBay these mobos are still selling between $300 to $350 used. Just amazing.

Z690 ASUS Pro Art with 12700k seems like a good combination
I’ve tried hacking my Z690 Extreme/12900k and it worked well but I use that as a gaming rig.

@djlild7hina

According to your experience, which are the most suitable Sage pcie slots for connecting a bluetooth Wi-Fi network card?
Thank you!

Back