Contribute
Register

ASUS X299 Monterey/Ventura Support

You‘ll need to look at your mappings. USB 2 devices should work in USB 3 ports (The sage/10G only has usb 3 ports) unless you disabled them in your mapping. The Sage only has 12 ports (6 SS/6 HS) + 1 internal for the Aura RGB if you really want to enable that. That leaves you with 13 ports so it still falls under the 15 port limit for macOS.
Caldigit doesn’t need mapping since it has its own USB controllers.

My GitHub has a mapping already for the Sage/10G but I believe one of them is marked internal since I was using it for Bluetooth
I’m using an NZXT hub from another PCIE USB controller for the internal wifi/ Bluetooth to the Fenvi and and also to my Gigabyte Titan Ridge, so those should also be mapped too? Or not because the PCIE adapter counts as its own controller.

I’m using an NZXT hub from another PCIE USB controller for the internal wifi/ Bluetooth to the Fenvi and and also to my Gigabyte Titan Ridge, so those should also be mapped too? Or not because the PCIE adapter counts as its own controller.

Nope, only the motherboard XHC ports.

Hi,

new bios version 3701 available for Sage 10G

Tested under Monterey 12.4 and all works as expected.

Hello guys!

Just to let you know I just received my new Mac Studio M1 Max. It's been super funny to tinker with you for all these years, from KGP days to these days... I really wanna thank everyone, my hackintosh has been the best "Mac" I've ever had (until today I hope) and that's because of you. I'll disassemble the "old beast" and sell valuable parts to regain some money back. Trust me... I'm sad doing this... I sold all of my previous Macs and never felt like that... that was really MY Mac you know, I built it! (A small voice inside me is saying: sell x299 parts and replace them with Z690 + i7 + DDR5 :banghead: )

Hello guys!

Just to let you know I just received my new Mac Studio M1 Max. It's been super funny to tinker with you for all these years, from KGP days to these days... I really wanna thank everyone, my hackintosh has been the best "Mac" I've ever had (until today I hope) and that's because of you. I'll disassemble the "old beast" and sell valuable parts to regain some money back. Trust me... I'm sad doing this... I sold all of my previous Macs and never felt like that... that was really MY Mac you know, I built it! (A small voice inside me is saying: sell x299 parts and replace them with Z690 + i7 + DDR5 :banghead: )

Congrats! I know you debated for a while on what you should change to so glad you took the plunge to M1. It's definitely not as fun as building a hack but less hassles to deal with and it's the way apple is going. Enjoy!

Hey Everyone, I had a question/request. I have two identical motherboards (Asus Prime X299-DELUXE) and GPUs (AMD 6900XT). My Main system is using the 7980XE w/64GB RAM, while the other (backup), system is using the 7960X w/32GB RAM. So aside from the the slight step down of the CPU and RAM, everything's the exact same.

Now my question. I purchased a plugin from Waves; Scheps Omni Channel. How come (when I use Adobe Audition or Logic Pro), that on my Main system setup the plugin is NOT working, while take that same SSD and put it into the other (backup), system and it works just fine when I use Audition or Logic Pro?

I asked the tech support staff at Waves and they can't help me and they asked if this is a Hackintosh and I said, yes. I've NEVER (over the 10+ years of using various Hackintosh systems), that I've NEVER had a Software/App issue EVER. Especially, where it works on one identical system and NOT the other. So that's why I'm here, asking if any of you may know possibly how to fix this. It could be something in one of my files in my EFI folder. Let me know if this can be fixed or not. Thank you for whatever you can provide. :)

Last edited:
Hi,

new bios version 3701 available for Sage 10G

Tested under Monterey 12.4 and all works as expected.
Hello
could you be kind enough to share your EFI,
I need to help a friend to update his Hackintosh with the same mobo as yours
Thanks in advance

Hello
could you be kind enough to share your EFI,
I need to help a friend to update his Hackintosh with the same mobo as yours
Thanks in advance

Sure...I have removed sensitive data. I use CustomMemory set to YES in PlatformInfo section of OC 0.82: if you decide to use it remember to change the parameters of the "Memory" section in OC because they are compiled for the memory i use. If you don't want to use CustomMemory set it to NO andadd the RestrictEvents Kext.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.2 MB · Views: 62
Sure...I have removed sensitive data. I use CustomMemory set to YES in PlatformInfo section of OC 0.82: if you decide to use it remember to change the parameters of the "Memory" section in OC because they are compiled for the memory i use. If you don't want to use CustomMemory set it to NO andadd the RestrictEvents Kext.
Cristal clear :thumbup:
I'll give a try next Week and Report
Many thanks
EDIT
It works
I'll fine tune it next September
Many Thanks :clap:

Last edited:
Hey everyone, has anyone tried using a sound card? I just ordered the SoundBlaster AE-7 sound card and should get it by this coming Tuesday. I’d be using this with my existing Logitech Z5500 5.1 speakers. Yes, I STILL have those speakers after 12 years of use. They still crank! But, was looking to use it for true 5.1 surround. As it stands, it works nicely in stereo (the 2 left, 2 right and sub works), but the center channel speaker does not work. When I DO put it in surround mode, only the center channel and sub works. Will adding this card work better? If not, is there a card that DOES work with a 5.1 speaker system with my Hackintosh setup? Let me know what you can, thank you.

Last edited:
Back